Homecoming Upset Date Known
Global Justice Alliance

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Homecoming Upset Date Known

  1. #1
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,054

    Homecoming Upset Date Known

    (by Wallaceb)

    http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=193165

    August 11th, 2007 at 9:30 PM Eastern/Pacific, 8:30 Central is the time for this Off the wall Homecoming episode..

    This is the link to the archived thread: http://www.globaljusticealliance.com...ad50/index.htm
    "Say the Word"

  2. #2
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    To hopefully start firing off some discussion here -

    Awesome episode. Loved the Venice boat chase; it was straight out of The Italian Job.

    Err, yeah... Bonnie and Senor Senior, Junior ?

    Makes sense, I guess, but... just a bit creepy. Even more creepy than if Brick had actually come back.
    I far prefer Shego/Junior, actually. At least that one's age-of-consent legal in most states.

    "...WHAT... IS... THE... SITCH?!!"

    I'd been rooting for a Kim/Bonnie takedown brawl, but... ah well. The fallout was already interesting enough.

    I've got other posts on "HU" in-waiting on ARA, but with EP offline and what with his treatment of my posts... They'll probably never see the light of day. Thank God for GJA.

    (Hey, a rhyme. ^_^)

    EDIT: Any way to get this guy ( = ^_^) showing up?)
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  3. #3
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,054
    Yeah, I'll get that little smilie up there soon.

    As to Bonnie/Junior, that was indeed the subject of a couple of FanFics and some speculation. I did note the exchange on FF.net in Zaratan's forum with the usual, IMO, over-sexualized interpretations. That and the constant AP stuff is the main reason I really don't like to post much there. I really don't think the creators of KP or the writers think that way, or at least not that "adultly", if you will. But, c'est la vie.

    The boat chase was great, indeed. There was also a James Bond reference there too, apparently, but I didn't quite catch that.
    "Say the Word"

  4. #4
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    ...I did note the exchange on FF.net in Zaratan's forum with the usual, IMO, over-sexualized interpretations. That and the constant AP stuff is the main reason I really don't like to post much there.
    I'm not certain, but that issue might've been one of the factors in Zaratan eventually getting the boot from ARA.

    AP?

    The boat chase was great, indeed. Ther was also a James Bond reference there too, apparently, but I didn't quite catch that.
    I believe it had something to do with Junior's gun igniting the barrels. I didn't catch it myself, either.

    "Oh, yeah... the geek thing pays."

    At least now we know where Wade might get the financing for his gadgets.

    "...But I like jumping over stuff."
    Awww... Love her tone and expression. ^_^

    The animation was really, really good in this episode... And Bonnie's looking hot as ever.

    "Snap... Oh no he didn't!"
    It sounds even funnier when Coco says it.

    Venice boat chase - so much for no-wake regulations, huh?

    One must wonder, though, why Ron's voice didn't get all squeaky when he landed on the speedboat's bow... Youch...

    I'd never noticed that SSJ and Bonnie had the same eye color... or is that simply a "convenient coincidence"? :P

    (And, technically, Bonnie should be utterly blind, seeing as though she doesn't have pupils. :P)

    "Senor Senior Jr. pays extremely well..."
    "He's a bad guy!"
    "Who pays extremely well!"

    Yet more proof that it's money, not love, that conquers just about everything.

    I really liked the slow-dance scene at the end... all the various postures and gestures seemed very natural.

    EDIT: I'm still having problems with return-spaces between paragraphs when using copy<pasted material.

    EDIT2: Can we edit the face to respond to both upper case (P) and lower case (p) P's? I tend to use the upper-case version when typing.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  5. #5
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    I'm not certain, but that issue might've been one of the factors in Zaratan eventually getting the boot from ARA.
    I kind of figured that was why.

    AP?
    Alternate Pairings


    EDIT: I'm still having problems with return-spaces between paragraphs when using copy<pasted material.
    I will address that with you at some point.

    EDIT2: Can we edit the face to respond to both upper case (P) and lower case (p) P's? I tend to use the upper-case version when typing.
    I can do that, but I can only assign one value or the other. I've changed it to upper case P......done.
    "Say the Word"

  6. #6
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,121

    My take on Homecoming Upset...

    My only complaint is that Bonnie obviously cheated to get elected Homecoming Queen (remember the high signs she and Ron Rieger exchanged at halftime just before the results were announced?), and her misdeed went unpunished. From Barkin's dialogue as he's reading the voting results, it's obvious that Kim was a shoo-in candidate for the title. I feel that Bonnie should have at least either admitted her misdeed and conceded the crown to Kim at episode's end, or else been caught cheating by Barkin and stripped of her title.
    You can tell I really don't like Bonnie Rockwaller - I've met her type all too often in real life. And yes, the "Bonnies" I've known have gotten away with this kind of thing in the real world, too. Maybe that's why it vexes me so...
    Anyway, I would really like to see Bonnie get her comeuppance once and for all before the series ends. I probably won't get my wish, but hey, I can dream, can't I? :P

  7. #7
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    My only complaint is that Bonnie obviously cheated to get elected Homecoming Queen (remember the high signs she and Ron Rieger exchanged at halftime just before the results were announced?), and her misdeed went unpunished. From Barkin's dialogue as he's reading the voting results, it's obvious that Kim was a shoo-in candidate for the title. I feel that Bonnie should have at least either admitted her misdeed and conceded the crown to Kim at episode's end, or else been caught cheating by Barkin and stripped of her title.
    You can tell I really don't like Bonnie Rockwaller - I've met her type all too often in real life. And yes, the "Bonnies" I've known have gotten away with this kind of thing in the real world, too. Maybe that's why it vexes me so...
    No wonder you reacted so strongly to the issue in my "Drive" fanfic.

    Quote Originally Posted by F'C'77
    I really liked the slow-dance scene at the end... all the various postures and gestures seemed very natural.
    Two instances in particular caught my eye -

    http://caps.kpfanworld.com/images/ho...upset/1608.jpg

    I was impressed how Kim seemed to look right at the "camera;" right at "us." Gotta love the eyebrow.

    http://caps.kpfanworld.com/veiw_pic....t&pic=1617.jpg

    Ron is so lucky... Rowr...
    Right, uh, where was I..? Oh, yeah - I liked the casual/intuitive/romantic hand gesture of Kim's. The animation was quite well-done.

    Oddly, several seconds before that, however, I was shocked - what happened to Kim?! I thought that was a fanart when I first saw it in MrDrP's avatar at FF.net, but it is, in fact, a real screenshot. Quite a sudden lapse into Toon City-quality animation.

    -----

    EDIT: One does wonder - where were they going?
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  8. #8
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,054
    What was wrong with that last shot? I thought it looked pretty good to me. Maybe I'm missing something.......
    "Say the Word"

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    "...But I like jumping over stuff."
    Awww... Love her tone and expression. ^_^
    Don't know why exactly, but something about that line sounded like it came right out of a Joss Whedon show.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    EDIT: One does wonder - where were they going?
    Bueno Nacho? Hey, if it's a good enough place to escape from Shego and Barkin, it should suffice to slip away from Bonnie and SSJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    EDIT: One does wonder - where were they going?
    Bueno Nacho? Hey, if it's a good enough place to escape from Shego and Barkin, it should suffice to slip away from Bonnie and SSJ.
    Welll... I guess that would work too... :P

    It's interesting to note that Ron's "sneak factor" has come full-circle. During their first adventure with the Seniors, Kim had to tell Ron to zip it. Now, in probably the last appearance of the Senior's island, Ron is doing the same to Bonnie.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •