Drive
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drive

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar

Drive

Check out the new story by F&C.

I'm sure we can get him to repost it here as well.

This is the link to the archived thread: http://www.globaljusticealliance.com...ad92/index.htm
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Thanks for reposting this. I hope we can get the other posts in my Drive thread transferred over.

A format question - do I still need to do and , etc tags, or is it done automatically?

EDIT: This is also a signature test post. How can I make my Calvin & Hobbes picture show up like it did on ARA?
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Sig Pic

When you want to put in a signature pic, you upload it just like at ARA, however, here there is also a line you have to check to display the picture, which says "Display signature picture?". The picture won't automatically display until you click on that line. Let me know if there's not enough width for the C&H pic. The width limit right now is 500 pixels, but I can expand that.

The tags work the same here as they do on ARA. As to your other posts, they will transfer over in the archived thread. You will be able to view them, but you can't edit or copy the words per se, or click on any of the links as they will be only static image pages. The purpose of that is only to have the information available. The only way to get the actual threads themselves is if EP allowed us to download his database, whcih obviously isn't going to happen.
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    The picture won't automatically display until you click on that line. Let me know if there's not enough width for the C&H pic. The width limit right now is 500 pixels, but I can expand that.
    I've found a higher quality picture, but it's closer to 26 KB, and the current limit is 9.8. Can you also put another line in the signature page? It says it only allows one line, and it's bumping my text to the side of the image rather than below it.

EDIT: I've just noticed that I have more ranking stars than you. Shouldn't you have the most, seeing as though you're the admin?

EDIT2: Ack, we need ARA's smilies. >_>

EDIT3: I love being able to edit again. :P
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    I've found a higher quality picture, but it's closer to 26 KB, and the current limit is 9.8. Can you also put another line in the signature page? It says it only allows one line, and it's bumping my text to the side of the image rather than below it.
    Is it a bitmap or a JPEG? If it's a bitmap, convert it to JPEG. That will get it below 9.8 KB

EDIT: I've just noticed that I have more ranking stars than you. Shouldn't you have the most, seeing as though you're the admin?
    What?? And have the godhood of being admin go to my head? Perish the thought!! (God knows we've had enough of that!)

EDIT2: Ack, we need ARA's smilies. >_>
    We can do that, although everyone else seems to be fine with the ones we have.

EDIT3: I love being able to edit again. :P
    Have fun, O "honored elder"! ( of course, you probably won't hear that again for another 40 ro 50 years....
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Re: Smilies

I agree with 'chutes on the smilies. Can we at least add the ARA ones to the smilies we have here now?

Is it a bitmap or a JPEG? If it's a bitmap, convert it to JPEG. That will get it below 9.8 KB
    The image is already a jpg. unfortunately. I'll guess I'll just stick with the old one.

Let me look at the image on the ED. And we can shift this topic back to ED as well.
    "Say the Word"

And we can shift this topic back to ED as well.
    Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    I agree with 'chutes on the smilies. Can we at least add the ARA ones to the smilies we have here now?
    I will grab the smilies and have them added as a fresh set to replace the default ones.
    "Say the Word"