How Was Your Day? Part 7 - Page 3
Global Justice Alliance

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Part 7

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    The house hunt continues.. Still looking for one like what we have with a few more things that we'd like to have (like a second full bathroom ) 4 people fighting over 1 shower, and being family... can get pretty ugly.
    Yeah, ANY four people having to use one bathroom and shower will tend to get ugly no matter what.....Good luck on the house hunt.
    Ugh, BTDT. Now we have two people and two-and-a-half bathrooms. The cat has her own bathroom, and my wife and I share the other. :P

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    The house hunt continues.. Still looking for one like what we have with a few more things that we'd like to have (like a second full bathroom ) 4 people fighting over 1 shower, and being family... can get pretty ugly.
    Yeah, ANY four people having to use one bathroom and shower will tend to get ugly no matter what.....Good luck on the house hunt.
    Yeah, we've gotta sign the papers by the end of this month (or the city will take action and start taking money away). After we sign... the 90 day countdown begins...

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar

Test post... but with a purpose!

Well, the work day is almost over, and I'm sneaking on... XD And it's a getaway day, too, since I'll be off tomorrow.

Training with the new hire has gone very, very well, and I'm extremely confident that there will be no issues with her tomorrow, when she'll get her first solo experience going through the building to deliver and pick up mail. There are a couple of things I've had to set up with my manager, though, regarding events that will occur tomorrow, and I just finished up with all of that, so we're in great shape. And, like it usually is, I'm in charge for the final hour, as he's gone home...

(This is also a test post, to see if my signature image is showing up... I haven't seen it show up yet, but I can see others' sig images just fine. If it works, a familiar-looking sign should be down there, that fits with my avatar and text sig...)

I've just finished two chapters of two different fan fictions! I feel accomplished! Even though I should be doing my summer reading...oh, well...Tomorrow's another day.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Well, it was an interesting end to the work day, as I ended up staying just a little late.

I was on my way out the door when a customer we had dealt with earlier in the day showed up. We'd printed out some stuff for him earlier, but as he found out, two pages were rather wrong. And it was one minor thing on each, but those "minor" things actually meant millions!

Even though our copycenter was all shut down, and would've taken at least 15 minutes to restart, I decided that it was more important to help him out. I found a faster way to do it, too... instead of firing up our copycenter, I took him upstairs, where he could set up his laptop to access the files he needed to correct, and I set him up with the network printers up there. The one big issue was that one of the pages that needed to be changed was on 11x17 paper (also known as Tabloid or Ledger paper). I was able to get the printer set up for him so that he could reprint that page, and he was ecstatic that I did this for him.

And that's what customer service is all about. Going that extra mile to give the customers what they want, even if it inconveniences me for a little bit (and it really wasn't all that much of an inconvenience - if anything, it let the traffic thin out a little bit!). And he's aware that this was a one-time deal, that it's not something he could normally expect to do - heck, if he'd been one minute later, I'd have been gone, and he probably would've ended up having to go to *shudder* Kinko's. But, since I was there, I took the opportunity. Because I want this customer coming back! I want this customer to tell his co-workers that we're the greatest thing ever! I want that business, dang it!!!

... although I'm glad I'm off tomorrow. XD And it's payday... ^_^

I had a normal day: went to the health club, ran a few errands, then came home and surfed the web for a while. Nothing special.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    So where was I? August has been eventful here after a quiet few months. We just had a new liner put into our swimming pool, but the weather promptly turned cool so nobody's been in it yet. Looks nice though. The old liner had leaked out about half its water, and what was left was a disgusting green. Somehow on Shego it works, but pool water ... not so much.

Then my 1990 minivan broke down, so rather than repair it we opted for something a little more this century. I now drive a 2004 Toyota Avalon XLS with all the luxury options*. I picked it up Monday and so far I love it. I have a Kim Possible figure dangling from my windshield wiper control.

* Including heated seats, lumbar support and a sunroof!
    Yes; aren't those features great? Got 'em all on my 2005 Passat!
    As for my day, well:
    Three different people came in late yesterday with mailings that just had to go out today...one mailing went out in its entirety; the other two got two-thirds sent out (I'll finish mailing them tomorrow). We celebrated a co-worker's birthday today, so our boss bought lunch - the birthday girl's choice. She opted for deep-dish pizza - cheese, mushrooms, and spinach (it wasn't bad, either; I had two slices. Boy, was that filling...). This afternoon, after distributing the mail and frantically trying to get one of those "urgent" mailings done, I clocked out early to go to my 4 PM physical therapy session (I broke my left elbow in a fall on the ice March 6 of this year; been doing PT ever since I got the cast off March 28) only to be told not to leave the building due to a tornado warning in our area (Chicago area had a nasty bunch of thunderstorms blow through this afternoon and evening). When I finally left, I ended up taking 50 minutes to drive to therapy - a drive that normally takes about 25 or 30 minutes. Between the traffic lights that were out and the numerous detours I took around trees fallen in the roads, it was a rather interesting drive (in my entire life, I've never seen that many downed trees all at once). Just about every block, I saw at least one (if not more) trees blown over by the wind. Wow...
    Anyway, my therapist and I discussed my follow-up visit to the doctor yesterday regarding my arm, and I'm going to be going in for PT only once a week now instead of three times. We're also going to concentrate more on weight training to build strength back up in the arm, complete with 3-pound dumbbells. We're also making changes in my home exercise routine to go along with the ones at the medical center. After a spaghetti dinner at home (I ate a lot of Italian food today! :P), I took a shower after the second wave of storms passed through, and now here I am on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    * Including heated seats, lumbar support and a sunroof!
    Yes; aren't those features great? Got 'em all on my 2005 Passat!
    Great features, indeed! Since we're not driving subterranean vehicles, sunroofs are anything but pointless.

I've already used the heated seats twice this week, something I never would have imagined doing in August. Dang that Global Warming!

Today is most likely going to be terrible. I hate being excited about something and not having anything to do the day before.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Registered User Full Member Zephyr's Avatar
    I'm not too terribly excited about today's events.

1) Go to physical training to help get me ready for boot camp.

2) Come home and resurface the deck.

3) Go to Santa Rosa to meet my dad, and help reorganize my sister's room.

4) Go pick up my sister from the hospital.