Kim Possible - Car Alarm
Global Justice Alliance

Thread: Kim Possible - Car Alarm

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar

Kim Possible - Car Alarm

This is the latestKim Possible Montage by STARBASE:

I'll ask to see if she will re-upload the montages if the links are not active:
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Reposted from ARA, as it appears that EP isn't going to let it through.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Great job as always, STARBASE!

Kim's rooster-head hair was a particularly funny bit... and I love the exchange with the Tweebs, how it's in the contract to mock:

"Okay, get it over with."
    "Aww, it's no fun when you help!"
    I liked that too - particularly the incredulous, unnerved glance the Tweebs shared after Kim told them to get it out of the way.

"CA" was not one of my favorite episodes - it felt seriously rushed - but it certainly looks good in Starbase's collages.

(BTW, pun intended. :P)

Image #1 -

Lots of nice expressions in this one. Bonnie's face seems to have elongated a bit again.

I wonder what the vintage of the Roth is?
    "They don't make 'em like this anymore!"
    "...Not since after the recall!"

The Kim/Dr. P hug is touching. At least Kim actively tries (or tried?) to improve her car sitch, instead of just b*tching about it.

...And then we get to the very best row of image #1. :P

Drakken: All the prisons in all the world and I get stuck with the blabbermouth.

I hadn't noticed the "Casablanca" reference before. Love Shego's arrogant, contemptuous expression in the first pic or row 3.

Dang, even in a prison jumpsuit, Shego still looks good. As Motor Ed has succinctly demonstrated, however, it is not a good idea to get her testy.

Image #2 - You certainly know how to pick good Kim expressions - Yay for scheming!

...The next pic over certainly looks odd, though.

Middle row, middle - Kim' expression of frustration certainly says a lot, huh?

Can't forget the Shego poses, either. Some very effective body language, there.

It strains credibility a bit to believe that the small flick of Ed's robotic arm could hurl Kim to quite that altitude and distance, but then, artists usually aren't physicists. Nice action shot, and it's hard not to laugh at Wade's cheery excuse to help mollifiy Kim: "It adds body, too!"

Image #3 -

"...What's wrong with my chassis?!"

When I first saw the episode, I had to rewind and replay to make sure I'd heard that right. And on the Disney Channel, too.

Middle row, far left - Kim looks like she'd going to gouge the paint off the door!

"...Oh... You have a car too, K? Begged, borrowed or stolen?"

Poor Kim.

Last row, second pic over - tisk, where did Kim learn to drive? That hand position is best for inexperienced teenagers who want to oversteer into a light pole. She should have her hands at 8-and-4, for better control.

The "widescreen zoom" of the Tweebs was a neat touch in the episode... and Kim's looking conniving again! Yay! :P

Image #4 - One wonders how Shego was talked into plaid.

I'm not a big fan of the Roth redesign. I think it would have been neater if the car had been a "sleeper," much like a Bond car. Unassuming and docile on the outside; easy to underestimate... and then you flick a button and a Gatling pops out of the hood. ^_^

First row, far right - It's rare that Kim shows this much unrestrained happiness. The look suits her. She's still got her hands at the wrong positions, though. And this time going 100-plus.

Middle row - that's a neat, unusual perspective. We don't see the other end of the viewing screen that much.

Middle row, middle - Kim must be channeling her inner Wolverine.

Shego/Motor Ed's departure from the plotline was a bit abrupt. I wish they'd come up with a better way to close the plotline than dumping the pair in the river. On that note, I'd found the Kepler plotline highly questionable. The effects of the hypersonic shock wave were not well-explained. I'm not an aeronautics expert, so fill me in if I'm wrong, but how would the shockwave cause "massive, planet-wide chaos?" A Mach-One sonic boom might smash some windows and set off a lot of car alarms (Ooh, ironic), but it's not going to rip off rooftops and snap utility poles, right? Or am I making that assumption just because I've never seen the effects of a sonic boom at streetlight level? Even if it can, the major damage wouldn't extend beyond a swath more than a hundred yards wide, would it? Not exactly doomsday-weapon potential.

Would a "hypersonic" boom be any more destructive than a Mach-One boom? I mean, once you're past the sound barrier, you're there. There aren't more booms. I suppose the faster you go over Mach One, the more intense the boom will be, because the air has to "rupture" faster to get out of the way, but I'm just guessing with that.

...To Wikipedia!

The audience-baiting answer that Wade gave about the threshold speed also did not impress. Middleton's location for the test drive seems suspiciously convenient... I mean, narrow, winding, tree-lined suburban roads are not the optimal place for a high-speed test. Shouldn't they have tried a nice, flat stretch out west, or at least a wide section of the New Jersey Turnpike? Physics surrounding the gentle, immediate glide-stop of the rocket car, without a parachute, also seem fishy... But by this time I'm probably rambling, nitpicking, and overanalyzing, so I'll stop now.

Last row - Starbase, the flow of graphics was very well done. I like how you blended the scene of Bonnie losing her car into the intake manifold of the jetcar.

Love the ending - "...Sooo... What’s a Car Monkey?"
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Speed of sound and all that...

Shego/Motor Ed's departure from the plotline was a bit abrupt. I wish they'd come up with a better way to close the plotline than dumping the pair in the river. On that note, I'd found the Kepler plotline highly questionable. The effects of the hypersonic shock wave were not well-explained. I'm not an aeronautics expert, so fill me in if I'm wrong, but how would the shockwave cause "massive, planet-wide chaos?" A Mach-One sonic boom might smash some windows and set off a lot of car alarms (Ooh, ironic), but it's not going to rip off rooftops and snap utility poles, right? Or am I making that assumption just because I've never seen the effects of a sonic boom at streetlight level? Even if it can, the major damage wouldn't extend beyond a swath more than a hundred yards wide, would it? Not exactly doomsday-weapon potential.

Would a "hypersonic" boom be any more destructive than a Mach-One boom? I mean, once you're past the sound barrier, you're there. There aren't more booms. I suppose the faster you go over Mach One, the more intense the boom will be, because the air has to "rupture" faster to get out of the way, but I'm just guessing with that.
    First of all, I'll define the term "hypersonic." It's used to describe the velocity of an object traveling at five times the speed of sound, or faster. The SR-71 spyplane was said to have regularly flown at hypersonic speeds (although her actual top speed is still classified information), as did NASA's X-15 rocketplane, which was flown between 1959 and 1968. And, of course, any time you launch a rocket or space shuttle into Earth orbit, it has to reach hypersonic velocities in order to overcome the pull of gravity and settle into orbit (orbital velocity being 17,500 miles an hour).
    Having defined that, let's consider your question regarding the damage generated by a hypersonic shock wave. I wouldn't call a sonic boom a "rupture" of the air; the double "BANG!" is more like an auditory "tidal wave" caused by the air displaced as the craft is moving too rapidly for the air to "get out of the way."
    And I don't think a hypersonic shock wave would cause "massive, planet-wide chaos," because if that were the case, said chaos would occur regardless of whether the vehicle generating that shock wave were rolling along on the ground or flying at altitude. So Wade's line about planet-wide chaos was just dramatic license on the part of the writers.
    However, I think you're right in assuming a hypersonic boom would cause more damage than a Mach One boom due to the stronger shock wave generated by the faster-moving aircraft. The damage would indeed be more intense, covering a larger area than the Mach One boom. Said damage, though, would be largely confined to broken windows, small, flimsy structures knocked over (such as wooden newsstands and cheap tin storage sheds) if they were within a certain range of the vehicle causing the boom; and car alarms accidentally set off (not to mention ruptured eardrums if you were standing too close! ). I seriously doubt that it would tear the roofs off buildings or snap any utility poles, though. That, too, is a little dramatic license on the part of the writers, done simply to build suspense during the final chase scene.