GJA Q&A Thread, Ask general questions here.
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 125

Thread: GJA Q&A Thread, Ask general questions here.

  1. #1
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,053

    GJA Q&A Thread, Ask general questions here.

    This is the thread to ask general questions about the globaljusticealliance, Kim Possible forum.
    "Say the Word"

  2. #2
    Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake,Va
    Posts
    1,437
    Is it just me or do posts in the General Discussion dont add to your overall post count? And any chance of getting the time on the fourms to an Amerian time zone? I know I've looked down at the time before and freaked out because I though I had been up all night

  3. #3
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    Is it just me or do posts in the General Discussion dont add to your overall post count? And any chance of getting the time on the fourms to an Amerian time zone? I know I've looked down at the time before and freaked out because I though I had been up all night
    You should be able to set your time on your user control panel to reflect your own time zone. If you can't let me know and I can do it fomr mine.

    Also, there is a setting in which your posts in any part of GJA must contain at least twenty words in order to count on your post count. That's to encourage people to make posts that say more than just, "yes", "no", 'I agree", and that sort of answer.
    "Say the Word"

  4. #4
    Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake,Va
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    Is it just me or do posts in the General Discussion dont add to your overall post count? And any chance of getting the time on the fourms to an Amerian time zone? I know I've looked down at the time before and freaked out because I though I had been up all night
    You should be able to set your time on your user control panel to reflect your own time zone. If you can't let me know and I can do it fomr mine.

    Also, there is a setting in which your posts in any part of GJA must contain at least twenty words in order to count on your post count. That's to encourage people to make posts that say more than just, "yes", "no", 'I agree", and that sort of answer.
    Ok, Got the time thing fixed... and that makes more since as to what was going on with the posts. One more question though, Are we allowed to have animated Avatars and if so is there any size capacity (MBs, KBs) you want it limited to?

  5. #5
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,053
    Actually, no.

    This was something that the governing members had talked about some time ago and it was thought that having moving avatars was just too much activity on the screen. It was felt to be too distracting. However, if enough members here wish to have it considered as an issue, it can be discussed in the ED section and voted on.
    "Say the Word"

  6. #6
    Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake,Va
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Actually, no.

    This was something that the governing members had talked about some time ago and it was thought that having moving avatars was just too much activity on the screen. It was felt to be too distracting. However, if enough members here wish to have it considered as an issue, it can be discussed in the ED section and voted on.
    Ok, Well I hold off on it until we have an Offical decision on it. I dont wanna tick anyone off or slow the boards loading time down if people dont want it right now.

  7. #7
    Registered User Full Member Zephyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    San Rafael, CA
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Actually, no.

    This was something that the governing members had talked about some time ago and it was thought that having moving avatars was just too much activity on the screen. It was felt to be too distracting. However, if enough members here wish to have it considered as an issue, it can be discussed in the ED section and voted on.
    Think if someone wants an animated avatar, they should be passed before the ED on a case by case basis with some general guidlines..

  8. #8
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Actually, no.

    This was something that the governing members had talked about some time ago and it was thought that having moving avatars was just too much activity on the screen. It was felt to be too distracting. However, if enough members here wish to have it considered as an issue, it can be discussed in the ED section and voted on.
    Think if someone wants an animated avatar, they should be passed before the ED on a case by case basis with some general guidlines..
    Basically, if enough people ask for it, the question will be raised then in ED.
    "Say the Word"

  9. #9
    Mike_Industries
    Guest
    I would like to have an animated avatar. I have a bunch I use, but I leave it to the Elites decision for now.

    Also, How come when I first posted on here, It said a Mod had to approve my posts? The message is gone now, but that is just something I would like to know about.

  10. #10
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Industries View Post
    I would like to have an animated avatar. I have a bunch I use, but I leave it to the Elites decision for now.

    Also, How come when I first posted on here, It said a Mod had to approve my posts? The message is gone now, but that is just something I would like to know about.
    The que is now offically abolished. All new members will now automatically show up as newbies, unless they were former ARA members, and as such their post counts and rank will be adjusted to match, if they so choose.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Similar Threads

  1. General KP Thread 9
    By jeriddian in forum Kim Possible
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 03:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •