GJA Q&A Thread, Ask general questions here. - Page 3
Global Justice Alliance

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 125

Thread: GJA Q&A Thread, Ask general questions here.

  1. #21
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, Texas
    Posts
    8,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Not The CrimpMaster View Post
    What's the policy on posting links here to submissions on deviantART? I know on the ARA they weren't allowed because someone might accidentally stumble on some adult content, but has that changed here? I'm just wondering, because there's some good stuff there, both KP-related and non-KP-related.
    We have to have the same care here. The risk of stumbling onto adult content remains the same, which is definitely something we don't want associated with us. I agree there is some good stuff there, but it's too easy to suddenly be confronted by something that is blatantly pornographic, at least to most of us. If you want to mention the work involved is at the DA site, I think that would be okay, but please don't post the link, and you should put in a warning of the risk of stumbling onto prurient and possibly offensive material.
    "Say the Word"

  2. #22
    Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    7,451
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Not The CrimpMaster View Post
    What's the policy on posting links here to submissions on deviantART? I know on the ARA they weren't allowed because someone might accidentally stumble on some adult content, but has that changed here? I'm just wondering, because there's some good stuff there, both KP-related and non-KP-related.
    We have to have the same care here. The risk of stumbling onto adult content remains the same, which is definitely something we don't want associated with us. I agree there is some good stuff there, but it's too easy to suddenly be confronted by something that is blatantly pornographic, at least to most of us. If you want to mention the work involved is at the DA site, I think that would be okay, but please don't post the link, and you should put in a warning of the risk of stumbling onto prurient and possibly offensive material.
    This policy seems possibly counter-productive to me. If a post about a G-rated piece of art prompts a user to go search for it, isn't it more likely he'll stumble upon something prurient than if he was pointed directly at the G-rated piece?

  3. #23
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, Texas
    Posts
    8,107
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Not The CrimpMaster View Post
    What's the policy on posting links here to submissions on deviantART? I know on the ARA they weren't allowed because someone might accidentally stumble on some adult content, but has that changed here? I'm just wondering, because there's some good stuff there, both KP-related and non-KP-related.
    We have to have the same care here. The risk of stumbling onto adult content remains the same, which is definitely something we don't want associated with us. I agree there is some good stuff there, but it's too easy to suddenly be confronted by something that is blatantly pornographic, at least to most of us. If you want to mention the work involved is at the DA site, I think that would be okay, but please don't post the link, and you should put in a warning of the risk of stumbling onto prurient and possibly offensive material.
    This policy seems possibly counter-productive to me. If a post about a G-rated piece of art prompts a user to go search for it, isn't it more likely he'll stumble upon something prurient than if he was pointed directly at the G-rated piece?
    You have a good point. Let's take it to ED and discuss how we should handle this.
    "Say the Word"

  4. #24
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025

    misplaced pasword

    I seem to have misplaced my password for ED. I'm not on my home computer, so it's not in the cookies. Ideas?

  5. #25
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, Texas
    Posts
    8,107
    Good to have you back, lunchmeat.

    I'll send you the password by PM.
    "Say the Word"

  6. #26
    Mike_Industries
    Guest
    Hey before I leave,

    I am just wondering how come this happened. When I was a junior member it said I am allowed to send out one PM to 5 people at a time, now that I am a full member, I can only send 1 PM to one person at a time. It doesn't devistate me at all, but its just something I thought I bring it to your attention. (My account is weird after all, lol)

  7. #27
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, Texas
    Posts
    8,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Industries View Post
    Hey before I leave,

    I am just wondering how come this happened. When I was a junior member it said I am allowed to send out one PM to 5 people at a time, now that I am a full member, I can only send 1 PM to one person at a time. It doesn't devistate me at all, but its just something I thought I bring to your attention. (My account is weird after all, lol)
    Sorry about that. Newbies only should only get to do one at a time also, not five. The setting was wrong and I've corrected it. This is mainly as an anti-spamming measure. The higher in rank you go though, the more simultaneous posts you can make, if needed. By then, I'm sure you will quite trustworthy.:P
    "Say the Word"

  8. #28
    Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake,Va
    Posts
    1,437
    Hmmm... was there ever a decision on the animated avatars? I remeber it would be discussed and just wondered if there was an answer.

  9. #29
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, Texas
    Posts
    8,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    Hmmm... was there ever a decision on the animated avatars? I remeber it would be discussed and just wondered if there was an answer.
    The general consensus in the past on ARA was not to allow them as it would make the page too busy, so the forums are set to not allow them at this time. I personally don't care for them because I do find them a little distracting, but that does not mean it can't be discussed. If enough of the membership wants to have them, then the matter can be discussed and voted upon in the ED.
    "Say the Word"

  10. #30
    Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake,Va
    Posts
    1,437
    I'm look at maybe 3-4 different frames changing at a slow rate. Nothing intense or huge is size. I dont want to slow the fourms up.

Similar Threads

  1. General KP Thread 9
    By jeriddian in forum Kim Possible
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 02:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •