Introduction! - Page 3
Global Justice Alliance

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction!

Registered User Junior Member Darth_Comrade's Avatar
    A cheerful greeting to all of you!

It's great to see familiar members, and a couple of new members too.
    Fight For Five:

Registered User Full Member Zephyr's Avatar
    Ello e'rybody, I'm Mr. Bean, Zephyr for short.. But I'm not wearing shorts right now.. But I will be soon - At the pool.

I think people already know who I am..

Who's THIS old relic?

Hiya!

My name is Dave and I'm kinda known over at RS.NET as a nosy old coot that likes to instigate things, LOL!

No, NO, not anything bad, mind you.

The old Kimvention effort that ALMOST got off the ground back early this year, the stuff from Steve Loter that I picked up at the studio, organizing the VIP/Fan lunch at Jerry's deli back on March 31st, the current charity drive, meetings with Mark and Bob...

WHEW!!!

No wonder I'm a bit tired all the time, LOL!

I congratulate the Admins here that have started this wonderful site, and wish them all the best in the future!

GREAT work here, guys!

RD

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    I, myself would like to welcome the member of RS.net who came here to post with us. Hopefully we can find common grounds and help each other in future projects. I know I greatly support the fight for box sets and the idea of more episodes/seasons of our favorite show, Kim Posssible.

Registered User Newbie

Hello all

I think most people at least having a passing notion of who I am.

I'm 29 years old, single, male, and living in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. I have a degree in business, and currently work for one of the largest unions in Canada in their Ontario Head Office.

I'm also an avid fan of fanfiction, both reading and writing. I've probably read more KP stories on FF.net than most anyone, though I am behind on a lot of the new stuff that's come out the last few months. I also have one major series on the go, and about 10 other stories as well. While I'm primarily K/R, I am also a fan of Ron/Bon, am writing a Kigo as well, and will read pretty much any story, no matter the pairing, so long as the story is good.

The first KP forum I joined was ARA, but because of differences, I left... and then was pushed out when I came back. I've been a member of RS.net and the Slash forum for some time as well. I also run one of the largest forums on FF.net, and the largest by far for KP, largely devoted to fanfiction and fanfic assistance. I'm also (a lot of alsos lol) a member of the Bonnie forum.

I also put together and organize the Fannie Awards. For those of you who don't know, that's the Kim Possible Annual Fanfiction Awards, held every winter at the start of the year, with fan voting and an awards presentation done in fanfic format.

Finally, I like to help whenever I can (which is a little difficult right now cause my internet at home got cut off yesterday), so if anyone wants help or wants to talk, feel free to drop me a line, in many of the myriad ways I can be reached.

Later!

Registered User Regular Member wallaceb's Avatar
    might as well make an official intro post.

I am wallaceb, i joined the KP community about 1.5 years ago, and i have been watching KP for about 3 years. When i first got started, SDS was the first place i went to. through them i found RS.net where i started to spend more time because of the higher level of activity it has. I also looked and liked the ARA but i really only looked around, and made like 1 post per month.
    about a month after i joined RS.net i noticed how people where always asking for screen shots from the show. many took their own shots, but some posted links to the ARA's collection. when i saw it i liked it, but i thought to myself, they do not have every episode, and you cannot see the image until you click the link. so i started by caps site/collection.

While working on that, i met Adam Humpherys who at the time was working on a new site KPfanworld.com
    he needed help and i first started about 2 months after i joined the community. between the 2 of us, we were able to get KPFW up and running very fast. when adam had to leave for his missionary work, i was given full control over the site. Since then i have been adding new and more material to the site to make it the biggest source of all things Kim.

With all the work i did on KPFW, and the work i did on RS.net's main site where i coded quite a few pages, i was made a moderator of the forum about 2 months ago. then i was promoted to admin about 1 month ago.

I have only been with the community for 1.5 years, but i have spent it all doing as much as i can for it.
    I am starting my Junior year of college to be an electrical engineer, and though i will have les free time, i will still make sure to be part of the KP world
    KPFW Admin

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    It's great to see all these familiar faces... particularly those who disappeared from the ARA front for a while for whatever reasons!

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by recon228 View Post
    ...I enjoy just about every aspect of law enforcement and love discussing it, so if you have any questions or are writing a story and want some technical advice, don't hesitate to contact me.
    *Raises hand*

Ooo! Ooo! :P

Given my reputation, it is, unsurprisingly, about a ballistics.

Or, well, maybe more of a math problem.

My robotics club is building an air cannon that we will bolt to a robot and use to fire T-shirts into the crowd at football games (Don't worry - the mortars will be reserved for the opposing team. :P). We're looking to find a proper barrel length.

So, the question - if we're using (X) projectile force, say 110 psi, with a (Y) barrel caliber - 4-inch PVC, for example - how long should the barrel (Z) be to give us maximum power/range?
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    It's great to see all these familiar faces... particularly those who disappeared from the ARA front for a while for whatever reasons!
    Yes, it is...welcome back, folks. We missed you!
    And a hearty "Welcome" to all the new members of the GJA!
    Glad to have you with us!

Registered User Full Member recon228's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    My robotics club is building an air cannon that we will bolt to a robot and use to fire T-shirts into the crowd at football games (Don't worry - the mortars will be reserved for the opposing team. :P). We're looking to find a proper barrel length.

So, the question - if we're using (X) projectile force, say 110 psi, with a (Y) barrel caliber - 4-inch PVC, for example - how long should the barrel (Z) be to give us maximum power/range?
    Barrel length really only has a major affect when it comes to traditional firearms. This is due to the fact that the projectile force, in this case burning powder, increases exponentially in both force and velocity the longer it stays confined within the barrel. To put it simply: a bullet fired through a 26-inch barrel is going to burn longer and therefore push the bullet out at a faster velocity than in an 11-inch barrel. The other factor that comes into play is the fact that firearms have a rifling in the barrel that spins the bullet. Thus, the longer the barrel, the more turns the bullet takes before exiting the barrel, and the straighter it flies.

So in conclusion, the barrel length on an air cannon only needs to be as long as is necessary to aim the projectile... there's really no change in accuracy or velocity.

Hope that helps,

- Sean
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein