Pirates of the Caribbean
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean

Pirates of the Caribbean

So, what does everyone think of this trilogy? What's your favorite character? Favorite of the movies?

I love it! Jack Sparrow is awesome (Johnny Depp really made this character who he is). I, most likely being in the minority, loved At World's End. It had a really epic feel to it, and ended in a final way that was also open-ended.

The musical score for all 3 movies is amazing.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

I love the Pirates movies, it's my favorite movie trilogy of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    I love the Pirates movies, it's my favorite movie trilogy of all time!
    I think the second and third Pirates movies are the only sequels that Disney really carefully planned out. Although Disney was a little wary of what they were doing-especially Johnny Depp. But he's awesome.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

I'm admittably a late fan to the series, but better late than never, right? I've yet to see At World's End (like I said, I was late to the whole thing), so I'm left between choosing from the first two films. I did enjoy Curse of the Black Pearl more than the sequel... mainly because my favorite character of the series had a whole lot more screentime in the first film. Barbossa just plain rocks. "So what now, Jack Sparrow? Are we to be two immortals locked in an epic battle until Judgment Day and trumpets sound?"

The release of the At World's End DVD can't come soon enough...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    Barbossa just plain rocks. "So what now, Jack Sparrow? Are we to be two immortals locked in an epic battle until Judgment Day and trumpets sound?"
    "...Or you could just surrender."

There's just something so alluring about about level-headed bady guys...
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    I'm admittably a late fan to the series, but better late than never, right? I've yet to see At World's End (like I said, I was late to the whole thing), so I'm left between choosing from the first two films. I did enjoy Curse of the Black Pearl more than the sequel... mainly because my favorite character of the series had a whole lot more screentime in the first film. Barbossa just plain rocks. "So what now, Jack Sparrow? Are we to be two immortals locked in an epic battle until Judgment Day and trumpets sound?"

The release of the At World's End DVD can't come soon enough...
    December 4th. That is so far away for a movie that was released in May.

Barbossa does get plenty of screen time in At World's End, so you won't be disappointed there. The interactions between him and Jack are awesome.

Speaking of Jack, you can never tell which side he's on. I love how he does tend to veer towards the good side, but throughout the whole series, with few exceptions, he's really only having his own interests in mind. Quite opposite of Will, who's always trying to help someone (like Elizabeth, or his father).

Registered User Junior Member Darth_Comrade's Avatar
    The Pirates of the Carribbean trilogy is among the few epic sagas that came out in our life time among them are Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings.

Hans Zimmer is indeed a musical legend. Very few people appreciate such artists.

I loved the first movie, but I only became a fan after the second. Jack is a hilarious character, but he can only be appreciated among his fellow crew like Will, Elizabeth, Barbossa and the rest.

Barbossa is also a lot of fun!
    Fight For Five:

Jack's characterization in the second and third movies is interesting, what with his struggle with doing the right thing, and whether he really is a good man. I'm glad that even though Jack is hilarious, his character also has some depth.

Elizabeth and Will go through some pretty major character changes in the 3 movies. It's quite fun to watch. Barbossa, while awesome, doesn't change throughout the movies.

I love Hans Zimmer's music for Pirates, especially for At World's End. The music for that movie is very different than the other two, and yet still has some of the same themes.

Registered User Junior Member Darth_Comrade's Avatar
    The wait for the third and final installement was quite exciting for me.

I mean, the final battle was by far the most thing I was looking forward to. And I was NOT dissappointed!

Although, I did wish for both fleets to collide and have a bigger mess at the end, but the battle between just the two main ships was more than enough...

It was sad to see Elizabeth's father go, he was a nice man- a little silly, but that's part of his character.

I like how in the end everything goes around in one big circle!
    Fight For Five:

I think that Will and Elizabeth's "wedding" was priceless. The battle itself was spectacular, and when Beckett's ship went down I was a bit shocked. Just the way it happened was odd.

Jack always has the best entrances in the movies. The entrance in the first movie is my favorite, and sure to become a classic, but the third movie's entrance was so...odd...but in a good way.