What are you currently watching? - Page 20
Global Justice Alliance

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 501

Thread: What are you currently watching?

  1. #191
    Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    2,530
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamGirl View Post
    Georgia Rule

    No offense, but EWWWWW...


    ... and by that, I mean EWWWWWWW...

    I continue to hold true to my vow not to watch another live second of Detroit Lions football, unless they are over .500 and in contention by Thanksgiving; if they're not there, I'll continue to shun them completely.

    Just as well that I avoided them today in particular, because the Philadelphia Eagles' throwback uniforms were ugly as all out.

    I'm resuming Tylor, picking up with the 9th episode, "When You Wish Upon A Flower".

  2. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamGirl View Post
    Georgia Rule

    No offense, but EWWWWW...


    ... and by that, I mean EWWWWWWW...
    I'm guessing you don't like the movie? :P

    Now I'm watching Hannah Montana for a bit.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

  3. #193
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,584
    After watching the Cubs beat the Pirates 8 - 0, I watched an episode of "Hannah Montana" - the one where Miley defies her dad's wishes by sneaking off to Florida to compete in a charity concert against an obnoxious pop singer. There was a scene where Robby Ray (her dad) and Jackson (her older brother) are sitting back on the plane in coach, and the little kid sitting behind Jackson keeps kicking the back of Jackson's seat. When Jackson turns to confront the kid, the boy's dad - a big muscular guy with a Mohawk haircut - glares menacingly at Jackson, making him back down.
    That scene bothers me every time I see it, because I've experienced that sitch far too often in real life. Some kid acts up in public, and when an adult who's not his or her parent confronts the kid, the kid's parent, instead of apologizing and disciplining the kid, defends the little brat's actions and gets hostile toward the other adult for yelling at their kid. The parent's attitude in such confrontations quite often is, "How dare you yell at my kid? He can do whatever he wants, no matter how disruptive he's being. Now mind your own business!"
    It seems to me that a lot of folks are becoming more self-absorbed and less considerate of others' rights and feelings, which is only going to result in more scenes like the one above. In consequence, we're going to see civilized behavior on the decline as people step on other folks' toes (so to speak).
    Sorry - I just had to get that off my chest. I'll get off my soapbox now, and we can go back to discussing TV shows, cable, and movies.

  4. #194
    Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake,Va
    Posts
    1,437
    I just got finished watching my first Nascar race in a long time.... it was intresting finish. Cars wrecking every couple minutes at the last part it seemed like, but a really good race though.

  5. #195
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    8,438
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    After watching the Cubs beat the Pirates 8 - 0, I watched an episode of "Hannah Montana" - the one where Miley defies her dad's wishes by sneaking off to Florida to compete in a charity concert against an obnoxious pop singer. There was a scene where Robby Ray (her dad) and Jackson (her older brother) are sitting back on the plane in coach, and the little kid sitting behind Jackson keeps kicking the back of Jackson's seat. When Jackson turns to confront the kid, the boy's dad - a big muscular guy with a Mohawk haircut - glares menacingly at Jackson, making him back down.
    That scene bothers me every time I see it, because I've experienced that sitch far too often in real life. Some kid acts up in public, and when an adult who's not his or her parent confronts the kid, the kid's parent, instead of apologizing and disciplining the kid, defends the little brat's actions and gets hostile toward the other adult for yelling at their kid. The parent's attitude in such confrontations quite often is, "How dare you yell at my kid? He can do whatever he wants, no matter how disruptive he's being. Now mind your own business!"
    It seems to me that a lot of folks are becoming more self-absorbed and less considerate of others' rights and feelings, which is only going to result in more scenes like the one above. In consequence, we're going to see civilized behavior on the decline as people step on other folks' toes (so to speak).
    Sorry - I just had to get that off my chest. I'll get off my soapbox now, and we can go back to discussing TV shows, cable, and movies.
    It's okay. been through that myself. Couldn't agree more.
    "Say the Word"

  6. #196
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025
    The best experience I ever had with that was on a military contract flight to Italy from the US. Most of the passengers were dependants and there was a high proportion of small children. When the two kids behind me were'nt running up and dpwn the aisles, they were kicking the back of my seat, by contrast the little boy in the seat in front of me sat quietly with his parents and would look over the back, fascinated with the shoulder boards on my summer white uniform. We were about halfway between Iceland and Ireland when I discovered that I was the senior officer on the plane (basically, the crew was trying to decide whether to refuel at Shannon or or continue on to Germany, according to the rules they are suppossed to consult with the officer in charge of troops, which, by default, was me. I voted for Shannon). Awash in the glow of my newly discovered status I told the father of the two annoying kids that he had two choices: get them under control or get of the plane in Ireland, at whihc point getting to where he was going would be his problem, not the Navy's.
    The remainder of the flight was pleasant, the duty free shop at Shannon was very nice (as was the bar) and I landed at Capodochino looking like a 19th century type, with only one shoulder board (hey, I figured that good behavior should be rewarded).

  7. #197
    When I'm off or can get off work on time, I'm watching JAG on USA. Love that show. This morning the one on introduced most of the cast of NCIS. Very good stuff.

    The Kim & Ron Fundamentalist

  8. #198
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    8,438
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    The best experience I ever had with that was on a military contract flight to Italy from the US. Most of the passengers were dependants and there was a high proportion of small children. When the two kids behind me were'nt running up and dpwn the aisles, they were kicking the back of my seat, by contrast the little boy in the seat in front of me sat quietly with his parents and would look over the back, fascinated with the shoulder boards on my summer white uniform. We were about halfway between Iceland and Ireland when I discovered that I was the senior officer on the plane (basically, the crew was trying to decide whether to refuel at Shannon or or continue on to Germany, according to the rules they are suppossed to consult with the officer in charge of troops, which, by default, was me. I voted for Shannon). Awash in the glow of my newly discovered status I told the father of the two annoying kids that he had two choices: get them under control or get of the plane in Ireland, at whihc point getting to where he was going would be his problem, not the Navy's.
    The remainder of the flight was pleasant, the duty free shop at Shannon was very nice (as was the bar) and I landed at Capodochino looking like a 19th century type, with only one shoulder board (hey, I figured that good behavior should be rewarded).
    Good bullneck, lunchmeat. Darn good show. RHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Argus View Post
    When I'm off or can get off work on time, I'm watching JAG on USA. Love that show. This morning the one on introduced most of the cast of NCIS. Very good stuff.
    I loved JAG, also. But I missed the last season, never saw how it ended. I'm thinking I will break down and buy the DVD set for that season just for that.
    "Say the Word"

  9. #199
    Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake,Va
    Posts
    1,437
    I dunno how i'm watching this... but someone I'm listening to they lies that this phyco president of Iran on the news... this guy makes me sick.

  10. #200
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    8,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    I dunno how i'm watching this... but someone I'm listening to they lies that this phyco president of Iran on the news... this guy makes me sick.
    A politician is a politician is a politician.........but he's also a radical fanatic as well, I thnk. He just hides it well.

    I keep think of that rendition of the The Beach Boys' song, "Barbara Ann" by that group from Austin. Johnny (something) and the Rocket 88's....

    "Bomb, bomb, bomb.......bomb, bomb Iran......."
    "Say the Word"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •