What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #5 - Page 9
Global Justice Alliance

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #5

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I caught a bit of the football game between Boston College and Georgia Tech tonight. As I watched a Georgia Tech player miss catching a pass thrown his way, I couldn't help but think, "Those guys could use some help from Ron Stoppable wearing the battle suit."

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    The NY Times crossword puzzle from Wednesday that I solved this morning had "CHICK FLICKS" as an answer. That reminded me of "Stop Team Go," when Kim & Shego (and Rufus) go to see The Memo Pad.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Forgive the double post, but I have to mention the crossword I just finished solving that had three great KP reminders in the answers. One across, clued "Passing grade of the past," turned out to be GENTLEMAN'S C, like Ron's Geography grade in "And the Mole Rat ..."; 40 across, "Karate teacher" was SENSEI, and 30 down, "Sulks" led to POUTS, (puppy dog variety?)

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    On Friday, the ladies from Accounts Receivable gave me a pile of dunning letters to mail out (FYI, dunning letters are letters sent to collect money owed by deadbeat customers. ). The first sentence in one of these letters read, "The account for the rent on your postage meter is seriously delinquent." As soon as I saw the word "seriously," I thought of Motor Ed.
    No - seriously, I did... :P
    And today, while watching the Cubs play the Pittsburgh Pirates, I remembered that last night's KP episode was "Cap'n Drakken."
    BTW, the Cubs won 8 - 0.
    As Kim would say, "Well, yo ho, yo ho."

An ice cream truck just went by (in this day and age, I am NOT buying from those nasty things) playing "It's a Small World" and all I could think of was Drakken's torture chamber.

The Kim & Ron Fundamentalist

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Argus View Post
    An ice cream truck just went by (in this day and age, I am NOT buying from those nasty things) playing "It's a Small World" and all I could think of was Drakken's torture chamber.
    I've always thought that the ice cream truck drivers must get to hate that tune as much as retailers hate Christmas music.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

During English while taking notes I actually wrote "sitch" to describe what was going on. (It was only notes, though.)

And when the bus door "whooshed" I thought of the SSS quote. :P
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Most of the ice cream truck drivers and street vendors around here are illegal aliens, er, undocumented guest workers. I used to buy ice cream from the trucks sometimes, but the local grocery store started carrying dreamsickles so that's no longer necessary (used to be you couldn't get them in stores).

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Most of the ice cream truck drivers and street vendors around here are illegal aliens, er, undocumented guest workers. I used to buy ice cream from the trucks sometimes, but the local grocery store started carrying dreamsickles so that's no longer necessary (used to be you couldn't get them in stores).
    Whenever I hear the ice cream truck go by, the tune I always seem to hear is "musicbox dancer".
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    The one I used to hear all the time was "Turkey In The Straw", personally I'd go with an easy listening version of "Ironman".....