What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #5 - Page 21
Global Justice Alliance

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #5

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Argus View Post
    Well, I just pulled a Kim on my cargo pants...and they're my "Ron" pants (thatch brown cargo pants - almost exactly the color of his everyday cargos)

I dropped my car off at the garage and used one of my bikes to get home - and snagged them on the main chainring. Riiiipppppp!!
    The only question now is can you still get them at Club 'B', or will you have to replace them with the cheap knock-offs.
    Therein lay the rub - "Club Banana" (Old Navy) never seems to have the same thing available two weeks in a row!

The Kim & Ron Fundamentalist

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Well, I just pulled a Kim on my cargo pants...and they're my "Ron" pants (thatch brown cargo pants - almost exactly the color of his everyday cargos)

I dropped my car off at the garage and used one of my bikes to get home - and snagged them on the main chainring. Riiiipppppp!!
    The only question now is can you still get them at Club 'B', or will you have to replace them with the cheap knock-offs.
    Therein lay the rub - "Club Banana" (Old Navy) never seems to have the same thing available two weeks in a row!
    Same holds true for any clothing store...I once worked part-time at a women's clothing store where I swear they rearranged the entire stock set-up on a weekly basis. Part of my job was returning clothes the ladies tried on to the racks where they belonged, and quite often I couldn't find where they got half the stuff from. Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to spend 20 minutes walking around with a blouse on a hanger, trying to find where it goes?
    Now I know why a friend of mine, who works in a grocery store, occasionally wears a badge he made up that says, "I no longer fear Hell - I've worked retail!"

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Now I know why a friend of mine, who works in a grocery store, occasionally wears a badge he made up that says, "I no longer fear Hell - I've worked retail!"
    I like that! I work part-time as a cashier at Target and occasionally they'll send me to the sales floor. Probably one of the sadder things is the store opened July 29th, and I only know of 3-4 people who were hired when I was (before it opened) who are still there.
    2|,,|

Quote Originally Posted by AinoMinako View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    I like that! I work part-time as a cashier at Target and occasionally they'll send me to the sales floor. Probably one of the sadder things is the store opened July 29th, and I only know of 3-4 people who were hired when I was (before it opened) who are still there.
    Guess where I work

I'm an overnight Logistics Team Member (I'm the Team Lead for "Backroom" for the overnight flow process) I've been there a little over a year and I'm the senior person on my team.

You don't have to tell me about how clothing changes in retail. I sort pallets of "Soft Lines Transitions" every night.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar

That's what you get for buying your components from a fishing tackle maker.

Registered User Regular Member Sir Sebastian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post

I heard that. Shimano makes a mean fishing reel, but other than that... They should stick to what they do best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There's this barber in our town who's a real local character. He's got costumes for every occasion: Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, a giant peach for our annual Peach Festival. He also puts a new message in his shop window just about every day. Today's was wishing a happy birthday to a Kevin Middleton. :P

A QBP "Engagement Ring" on a RaceFace Next LP crank is from a fishing tackle company? Wow, didn't know that

(I love high-end Shimano components, but NOT their current crop of cranks or chainrings)

A QBP "Engagement Ring" on a RaceFace Next LP crank is from a fishing tackle company? Wow, didn't know that
    Any Brand S on the bike at all? It's all connected, y'know.

Oh, the rest of the DT is Deore XT (with classic thumbshifters modded for 8 speed) - but it's the crank itself that snagged and ripped my pants.

Darn, just came back from Smarty Mart - could have picked up some thread to repair the pants.