The push for season Box set!
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The push for season Box set!

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar

The push for season Box set!

Well, since I and a few other have talked about box sets in random places... i figure it's time to give this subject a home. Now we can keep all of our ideas and thoughs in the right place . I am curious though, has anyone ever heard back from the suit on this idea and what was said? I know I haven't but maybe someone else did?

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Nope, no reply from the suits. I'm sure we won't hear from them for a very long time, either, on this issue.
    "Say the Word"

What would it take though? Actually flying out there with a scheduled appointment with them to bring a presentation on why it would work and show the diagrams of the money they'd make? I dont know what it cost to actually make a dvd but I know they sell 100 packs at the stofe for like $20 so buy the fancy boxes and put a paper lable around it and have it printed out of the country to make the cost even lower... what could it possably cost ... a $1 or $2 then they mark it up about 2000% and sell it. Geez... Maybe I sould call congress and see if they'll act on it cause thats what it seems that it will take to make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    What would it take though? Actually flying out there with a scheduled appointment with them to bring a presentation on why it would work and show the diagrams of the money they'd make? I dont know what it cost to actually make a dvd but I know they sell 100 packs at the stofe for like $20 so buy the fancy boxes and put a paper lable around it and have it printed out of the country to make the cost even lower... what could it possably cost ... a $1 or $2 then they mark it up about 2000% and sell it. Geez... Maybe I sould call congress and see if they'll act on it cause thats what it seems that it will take to make this happen.
    I'm afraid so. But I think that if they do it at all, they will wait until they stop showing the reruns. And even though they can make money from selling the box sets, it may not be enough for them to take the trouble to do it. Who knows how the suits think?
    "Say the Word"

Smile

I'd pay good money for a quality KP boxed set.

What kind of extras would you guys like to see? Cast and crew audio commentaries? Deleted scenes? A documentary on the origins of the characters? Interviews with the voice cast?

Quote Originally Posted by The Creeping Spleen View Post

What kind of extras would you guys like to see? Cast and crew audio commentaries? Deleted scenes? A documentary on the origins of the characters? Interviews with the voice cast?
    Oh, yeah...ALL of it!
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Full Member Zephyr's Avatar
    I'd pay good money for a quality KP boxed set. ...

...Deleted scenes?
    Actually, there are very few deleted scenes. In animation they do most of the cuts before they even send the work overseas to be animated. The most we could probably hope for is something small like in StD, some cut animatic scenes, or pictures of the cut storyboard sequences, all of which I'm sure we'd all be grateful for.

Yeah, Cut scene where far and few. Kurt Weldon made that clear that there really arn't that many... If any. StD was an example of something that did have it, but if there wasn't time for a scene then it was never done to begin with. Case in point he stated in I'll suited that there was a whole scene that was cut were Jim and Tim helped Ron into the battle suit... but the scene was never animated so it doesn't matter. Maybe there could be Cast and crew interviews and what they though about things as a special feature... and show some of the never seen story board animations and such and a bonus feature.

That would all be very interesting-especially the latter two. Interviews are always interesting, and I'd definitely want to know how they came up with the characters and, possibly in some cases, what characters lives were like before the time frame of KP.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    ...Case in point he stated in I'll Suited that there was a whole scene that was cut were Jim and Tim helped Ron into the battle suit... but the scene was never animated.
    Heck, with stuff like that, I'd settle for a script, an animatic, and let my imagination take over from there.

...A documentary on the origins of the characters?
    I'd like to see that. Looking back on original character sketches, it'd be fascinating to see how they came up with the design we finally saw.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.