Michael Vick
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Vick

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar

Michael Vick

Ok, I dunno how many of you are follow the dog fighting case on this guy but the medias flooded in my are because he's from the same hampton roads area and the house that was held were all the dog fighting occured wasnt that far away either. I love dogs, Im not a peta person by any means though. After hearing all what this guy did to these dogs and he may loose carrier because if it. I say he deserves it an applaud the NFL for suspending him and the team that he played for is seeking $20 million back from him.

Celebrities and professional athletes think that there better then every everyone else and it makes me sick with what they get away with. Nothing more then slaps on the wrist from crime that if you and i commited would be thrown in jail for a long time. I hope this guy gets everything that he's got coming because someone that does something so barbaric to "mans best friend" just for entertainment is just sick!

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Absolutely right, my friend...

Cloud, I agree with you 100%. What Mr. Vick did was "sick and wrong" in the extreme, and you're right - he should be punished for it. If this ends his NFL career, well, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
    I also agree with you that a lot of celebrities (actors, athletes, etc.) seem to be getting away with crimes that would put ordinary folks like you and me behind bars. That's mostly because they're rich, and can afford high-priced lawyers skilled at getting their clients off on technicalities or negotiating plea bargains. Even those that do get punished don't learn anything from it; look at how Lindsay Lohan got arrested twice this year for drunk driving: once in May, then again in July. And she's only going to serve one day in jail for her crimes! (Of course, Nicole Richie got sentenced to four days in jail and only served 82 minutes of that before being released, so how long will Lindsay really spend behind bars?)
    IMHO, it's getting ridiculous - celebrities are only human, just like the rest of us. They should be treated the same as us in the judicial system, no matter how famous or wealthy they are.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    It is true that his barbarity towards animals is nothing less than evil and cruel, and I agree he deserves to expelled from the NFL, at least in my book. But we shall see what happens.
    "Say the Word"

82 minutes? You sure she just wasn't locked up by mistake? Oh, I know maybe she got let out on good behaviour. What's even worse is some of these people have the nerve to say "oh, the cops are only messing with them because there celebrities or famous." Yes, that what it is... im sure of it. RIGHT. You keep thinking that...and i guess you think the earths flat and the sun revolves around the earth too huh?

I'm not buying that hes sorry at all.

Wow! I dont believe one word this low life said. He made statements after he pled guilty. I find it ironic that he had all intentions to pleaing Not guilty untill his buddys turned tail on him. His voice and facial expression to me and the way he just acted and moved around says that he's just phony. Read his body language...and you'll see it. All he wants to do is everyone forgive him, slap him on the wrist and say dont to it again and just go on like nothing ever happend. Makes me sick! I look at my dog and think this guy cant have a consous to do what he did. I hope they throw the book at him and he looses everything in the NFL. He knew what he was doing was illegal and wrong so he should pay the price.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    I hope they throw the book at him and he looses everything in the NFL. He knew what he was doing was illegal and wrong so he should pay the price.
    Let 'im burn....

My family and I have also been very skeptical about how he made a big show of promising to plead "not guilty....", and were vindicated when he essentially collapsed once his partners bailed out on him.

I also agree with you that a lot of celebrities (actors, athletes, etc.) seem to be getting away with crimes that would put ordinary folks like you and me behind bars. That's mostly because they're rich, and can afford high-priced lawyers skilled at getting their clients off on technicalities or negotiating plea bargains.
    ...Always see it on T.V.,
    Or read in the magazines,
    Celebrities who want sympathy.
    All they do is p*ss and moan
    Inside the Rolling Stone,
    Talking 'bout how tough life can be!

I’d like to see them spend the week
    Livin’ life out on the street
    I don’t think they would survive!
    If they could spend a day or two
    Walkin' in someone else’s shoes,
    I think they’d stumble and they’d fall
    They would fall (faaaallllll)!

Lifestyles of the rich and the famous!
    They’re always complaining,
    always complainin'!
    If money
    Is such a problem,
    Why they got mansions?!
    ...Think we should rob them (rob them)!

Did you know when you were famous,
    You could kill your wife
    And there’s no such thing as 25-to-life
    As long as you’ve got the cash to pay for Cochran!
    And did you know if you were caught and you were smoking crack,
    McDonald’s wouldn’t even want to take you back,
    You could always just run for mayor of D.C...!

- Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous
    Good Charlotte
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Full Member Zephyr's Avatar
    I think the thing that differentiates celebrities from your average Joe is the money. With their money, they can afford lawyers who know how to work the system; the better the work the system, the better they fair.

Sorry for the "duh" statement above.. ^

Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    My family and I have also been very skeptical about how he made a big show of promising to plead "not guilty....", and were vindicated when he essentially collapsed once his partners bailed out on him.
    What about the piece where he said that if I did do beting and won though I never collected any money? So what makes it different if you did? Is that supposed to be a slate cleaner or something? Tell that to the poor dogs that were killed for your entertainment.

Whats really sad is our local news media is really sticking up for this scum. Mainly because our area is not known for producing Celebrities/star athletes. Our local media covers the city of Newport News, Va which is where Vicks home town is. I know Newport News is a very bad area and has the highest crime rate of the Citys that are near it. Thats what also made me sick is this one guy said "Oh, Vick came from da hood. Now there just trying to bring him back down because of what he did." Which from what he says sound like oh it's ok for him to do what he did because he came from a bad neighborhood. We all have to make choices, were you came from has nothing to do with it.
    I hate to have to wait 'till december to see what this guys gets.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    We all have to make choices, were you came from has nothing to do with it.
    Very well put.

What about the piece where he said that if I did do beting and won though I never collected any money?
    That sounds like OJ Simpson, seriously.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    I was just watching the forum discussion on Jim Rome is Burning, and one of the panelists noted that, in all that Michael Vick said about "making a mistake", and "being immature", not once did he stand before the public and admit that he is, in fact, a criminal. As it was said, being immature is staying out after curfew when you're 15. Making a mistake is forgetting to pay a bill on time, once. Hell, I can even see where a DUI - one single time - can be a mistake.

But this was over six years. And, as also mentioned on that show, you don't do something like that for six years unless you get a sick pleasure out of it. Heck, there are a lot of things that a lot of people don't do for six years straight. So, the whole "mistake" thing, I refuse to buy. The immaturity part? There might be something there, but it's no excuse.