Kim Possible: The best friend pairing, A copying idea?
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim Possible: The best friend pairing, A copying idea?

Mike_Industries

Kim Possible: The best friend pairing, A copying idea? Thread Now Random!!!

I have notice that the best friends pairing seems to happen alot more in shows now.

The one that comes to mind is Danny Phantom. For those of you who don't know what its about, Danny Fenton, A teen boy with ghost powers saves the world with his two best friends, a gothic vegatarian, Sam Manson and a computer tech geek, Tucker Foley. The show is on Nick.

Now KP began hinting the Kim/Ron idea in the third season. The then series finale saw K/R getting together.

Ironically, DP also began hinting Danny/Sam in the third season. And in the series finale, Phantom Planet (Copying KP somewhat) They finally got together.

My question is did the production team of DP copy this idea? Being the Third season of DP has just recently ended, and the 3rd season of KP was a year ago. It's just a thought I had running through my head and was wondering has anybody else noticed this?

I think it's just a natural way to end a series, and a lot of Disney Channel shows have it. I guess it's because many boys and girls who are friends start to half feelings for each other. And it makes for happy endings.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

What GoTeamGirl said. That's a fairly common theme, the main character ending up with his/her best friend of the opposite gender, some shows/movies that have pulled it include Lizzie McGuire, Teen Titans, Pirates of The Caribbean, Boy Meets World, Sky High (another Mark and Bob production), etc. The list goes on.

Mike_Industries
    hmmm...

I am wondering now as to why all these shows and movies are doing this. Maybe I'm being ignorant, but is this happening in the real world alot? My closest friend of 13 years is female, but we are just that. So maybe I am ignorant...

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Industries View Post
    hmmm...

I am wondering now as to why all these shows and movies are doing this. Maybe I'm being ignorant, but is this happening in the real world alot? My closest friend of 13 years is female, but we are just that. So maybe I am ignorant...
    Not at all, Mike, not at all. A great many friendships between a boy and a girl growing up stay exactly that way throughout their lives. Every now and then, it does develop into something more. It doesn't mean it should.

I think they are making somewhat of a big thing out of it because when you have a romantic pairing developing out of a true best friendship, it's one of the best foundations to build that kind of relationship. I think Disney especailly likes the idea as it really fits the family values image they always wish to present. It makes you think that a married couple, for instance, must have a really solid relationship if they are also best friends.

But as I said, it doesn't mean a romantic relationship should happen to best friends who happen to be of the opposite sex.
    "Say the Word"

Mike_Industries
    See, this is my problem. Are companies trying to shove this date your best friend down my throat? I don't have any problem with the idea, but a majiority of shows on Nick & Disney are pushing this. Is this the new standard for a pairing?

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I guess they are pushing it a little too hard, actually. It's just they get a lot of mileage out of that from the shippers.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Full Member Zephyr's Avatar
    They probably do it for rating also, because A LOT of people like to see the two best friends get together and become a couple.. It's good TV.

Mike_Industries
    There is no denying that the best friends dating rolls in alot of people for ratings.

A lot like it.

But I just am starting to get tired of seeing it happen in alot of things I watch on TV. Anybody else feel the same?

It doesn't bother me in the least. In fact, I like it tremendously

The Kim & Ron Fundamentalist