Fan Fiction - Page 15
Global Justice Alliance

Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Fiction

Registered User Junior Member King in Yellow's Avatar
    Well, I can't technically accuse my good friend of bait-and-switch for his glowing recommendation:

Quote Originally Posted by cpneb View Post
    please read and review his first KP FanFic...
    And I would never accuse an example of sterling moral character like cpneb of bait-and-switch under any circumstances. But EM-C joined FFN about a year and a half before cpneb - and even longer than that before me. He's not exactly a noob even if this is his first KP.

BTW, it really is a good story, even though I have suspicions about where he has been receiving angst lessons.

KiY

Registered User Senior Member cpneb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King in Yellow View Post
    Well, I can't technically accuse my good friend of bait-and-switch for his glowing recommendation:

please read and review his first KP FanFic...
    And I would never accuse an example of sterling moral character like cpneb of bait-and-switch under any circumstances. But EM-C joined FFN about a year and a half before cpneb - and even longer than that before me. He's not exactly a noob even if this is his first KP.

BTW, it really is a good story, even though I have suspicions about where he has been receiving angst lessons.

KiY
    King, King, King, King, King....('neb taps foot sadly) jellin' much?

I never said that he was a noob...and he's had three other non-KP stories posted.

And, regarding angst lessons: the first rule of writing is 'write what you know,' and he's writing from experience of loss. I gave him no lessons on angst; in fact, I could learn from him on this one.

I guess someone was confused, here...I guess that happens when you spend that much time with Shego and Kim: your brain fries....

I'm not jellin'. I went over to encourage a new writer based on it being his first KP fiction. I then discover that said new KP writer has been around FFN about as long as the two of us put together. Then I notice the claim that said new KP writer is some sort of protégé of yours. And I'm looking at amped up level of angst and I'm thinking "Something is rotten in Denmark." I'm not jellin' I'm just sort of wondering if the truth in advertising laws of the FCC apply in the situation.

None of which changes the fact it is a good story.

KiY

I'm not jellin'. I went over to encourage a new writer based on it being his first KP fiction. I then discover that said new KP writer has been around FFN about as long as the two of us put together. Then I notice the claim that said new KP writer is some sort of protégé of yours. And I'm looking at amped up level of angst and I'm thinking "Something is rotten in Denmark." I'm not jellin' I'm just sort of wondering if the truth in advertising laws of the FCC apply in the situation.

None of which changes the fact it is a good story.

KiY
    So, let's follow the facts:

- Said writer is a new KP writer - fact
    - Said writer was not identified as a new poster to FF.net - fact
    - Said writer has been around on site since '04 - fact; said writer has had others post his three Teen Titan stories on the board for him: he's never posted a story himself until today.
    - Said writer was never identified as a 'protégé' of mine - fact; I have encouraged him to post this story and provided assistance in navigating the posting process (since he's never done it before).

Truth in advertising violated: not where I can see it. I'll admit to lots of things I've done (that are public knowledge, of course), but not to acts not committed.

What I posted on ff.net is different from what was posted here only by bolding text (see below):

Larry's Obsession, Charlotte's Loss
    All I can say is:

I wish I'd written this, but I didn't, and I'm glad I was able to coax Endearing Man-Child into writing this amazing tale about two 'minor' characters who truly are not minor: Larry Possible and Charlotte.

please read and review his first KP FanFic: I read and reviewed it, and I can asssure you that will touch your heart.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3914212/...harlottes_Loss

I'm cpneb, and I heartily recommend and approve this read!
    Where's the beef, other than the fact that I encouraged a writer?

King, I'm missing something here. Please show me where I might have misled, and I'll apologize publicly.

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    Gentlemen, I think perhaps this discussion belongs in the PM realm?

I believe we are simply teasing each other slightly. That is certainly my intent. Well, one of my two intents. The other was to echo his endorsement of the particular story (you'll note I affirm it being a good story in each of my posts - and I will mention that my underlining of that fact in this parenthetical digression counts for yet another 'Amen' to brother 'neb's preaching.) I thought my slightly over the top accusations would have made that clear enough. I don't know cpneb's style as well as my own. He sounds more serious and I have a vague fear with his second reply that I have managed to offend him slightly. OTOH his style, in general, carries a more serious tone than my own and so I'm hoping that his tongue may be somewhat in his cheek, as is mine... In my cheek I mean. Don't want any confusion on that subject.

KiY

I believe we are simply teasing each other slightly. That is certainly my intent. Well, one of my two intents. The other was to echo his endorsement of the particular story (you'll note I affirm it being a good story in each of my posts - and I will mention that my underlining of that fact in this parenthetical digression counts for yet another 'Amen' to brother 'neb's preaching.) I thought my slightly over the top accusations would have made that clear enough. I don't know cpneb's style as well as my own. He sounds more serious and I have a vague fear with his second reply that I have managed to offend him slightly. OTOH his style, in general, carries a more serious tone than my own and so I'm hoping that his tongue may be somewhat in his cheek, as is mine... In my cheek I mean. Don't want any confusion on that subject.

KiY
    As we start the rousing chorus:

"Keep that tongue in your-own mouth cheek:
    "Du-dah, Du-dah,
    "Keep that tongue in your-own mouth cheek:
    "Oh, de Du-dah Dayyyyyyyyy!"

Sometimes, campy, even we don't know when we're kidding...seriously.

King, nuttin' but love! EM-C must have had an amazing life: he had to, to be able to write a story such as this. All I did was suggest the characters, and I think that Larry and Charlotte moved in with him to write this one (much like Joss moved in with me when I started Blue Eyes....).

And, for those of you: your minds from the gutter, you must remove! Joss is not that kind of young lady!

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar

Smile

All I can say is:

I wish I'd written this, but I didn't, and I'm glad I was able to coax Endearing Man-Child into writing this amazing tale about two 'minor' characters who truly are not minor: Larry Possible and Charlotte.

please read and review his first KP FanFic: I read and reviewed it, and I can asssure you that will touch your heart.

I read the fic last night, and second the recommendation.

I've known of EMC since his Rescue Ranger fan days, and this story is excellent, just like the other fics of his I've read.

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNaco View Post

All I can say is:

I read the fic last night, and second the recommendation.

I've known of EMC since his Rescue Ranger fan days, and this story is excellent, just like the other fics of his I've read.
    I can't say his chosen screen name inspires much confidence, though... :P
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNaco View Post
    coax Endearing Man-Child into writing this amazing tale
    I can't say his chosen screen name inspires much confidence, though... :P
    Well, some girls have been known to go for guys who are full of child-like wonder ...

In fiction, anyway.