Fan Fiction - Page 63
Global Justice Alliance

Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

Thread: Fan Fiction

Registered User Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkrage6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I'm thinking about doing a continuation of "The Light at the End" and i'm interested to know how people on here would feel about that.
    I assume you mean the 2006 story by the late Commander Argus?
    Yes that's the one.
    Honestly, I'd recommend not doing so. If you wish to do something as a tribute to the late Commander Argus, then what you might want to consider doing is writing your own story maybe borrowing some elements from his story--an alternate universe perhaps with important differences to distinguish it from his work. And then, maybe as an author's note mention that your story is a homage to Commander Argus and that his story inspired your work. I think that would be a far better tribute to him.

Registered User Veteran Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    That is a lot to take on
    I'm thinking about doing a continuation of "The Light at the End" and i'm interested to know how people on here would feel about that.
    Yes that's the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel103 View Post
    That is a lot to take on
    Yes that's the one.
    Oh I know and ordinarily i'd never even consider attempting a task like this, but after living through a pandemic(and four years of fascism)for a year i've realized how short and fleeting life truly is and that's inspired me to do some things that under normal circumstances i'd never even think of doing. Plus today I just got temp-banned from another forum I frequent for 4 months for no good reason at all, and that ticked me off and lit a fire under me, so might as well put those 4 months to good use.

Something deep inside me is telling me that I have to at least give this a try, otherwise it's going to eat away at me. I think what i'll do is i'll try and do a continuation of Meet the Rockwaller's and see how well that goes. If it goes well then i'll get more ambitious and attempt continuations of Heart of the Fury and Light at the End.

Don't try to copy Nelson's style though, make it different.

Don't try to copy Nelson's style though, make it different.
    Oh I intend to, and anyways I couldn't copy someone else's style if I tried. I've got my own style and since i've only ever written erotic fanfiction before, this'll be a nice challenge for me to step out of my comfort zone.

I don't write that stuff, mostly drama and adventure.

I don't write that stuff, mostly drama and adventure.
    I mostly got into that because it was easier for me to write then any other genre of fiction, so that's what I stuck with for over a decade, but now i'm excited to branch out for the first time.

Some others I know came in that way.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    The nomination period for the Sweet 16th Kim Possible Fan Fiction Awards is now open. Details here.

I am preparing my nomination form now. At least one GJA member can expect to be nominated in multiple categories.

I've also suggested that my time-travel story The Cheerleader on the Edge of Forever might be a good candidate for Most Unlikely/Unique Story. After all, what's more unlikely than a shapeshifting eternal being taking the form of Kirsten Dunst in the 2000 film Bring it On in order to hand a magical time-traveling spirit stick to a Middleton High cheerleader who isn't Kim?

If you agree, you might consider nominating it.
    Last edited by campy; 06-28-2021 at 02:25 PM. Reason: grammar

Hey Campy, it's a good thing you do.