Fan Fiction - Page 58
Global Justice Alliance

Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Fiction

Registered User Regular Member
    That's great to hear. And don't feel bad about skipping ahead, in a way, it makes it a little easier as you know already how it ends, now you just have to get there. Also looking forward to the new story.

Registered User Regular Member sharper1988's Avatar
    I'm still trying to finish Nacos and a Movie....
    My avatar above was created and designed by Slyrr.
    A true K/R, Canderemy, and Phinbella fan!

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Sometimes all you can do is just write - it may turn out lousy, but if you keep going eventually you'll produce the good stuff you need to finish your tale.
    It took me a loooong time to finish one short story I was working on; after sitting down & thinking about it, I came up with a way to get my protagonists to where I wanted them to be at the story's end.
    You just have to work at it.
    Again, don't worry if what you write seems lousy; that's what editing & rewrites are for. Just write!

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Well, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is, a few minutes ago I typed out the final lines of the final scene of the final chapter of Mating Games.

The bad news is, I haven't completed the penultimate or ante-penultimate scenes yet. I skipped ahead in order to get the finale into pixels before I lost it.

(Sorry, I've been working on this thing for thirteen years. If I couldn't laugh at the absurdity I'd have to cry.)

Also, the first chapter of the next story is nearly complete.
    That works. That's what I did with "Queen's Gambit Accepted." I wrote the first three chapters initially, then wrote the last six chapters after that. Then I filled up the middle.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    The final chapter of Mating Games is now posted.

All right!!!!! Happy Dance!!!! On my way to read it!

ETA: Just finished reading it and left my review. Folks, this is a great ending to the story--go check it out if you haven't already done so. And campy, again, great ending to a great story!

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Well, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is, a few minutes ago I typed out the final lines of the final scene of the final chapter of Mating Games.

The bad news is, I haven't completed the penultimate or ante-penultimate scenes yet. I skipped ahead in order to get the finale into pixels before I lost it.

(Sorry, I've been working on this thing for thirteen years. If I couldn't laugh at the absurdity I'd have to cry.)

Also, the first chapter of the next story is nearly complete.
    That works. That's what I did with "Queen's Gambit Accepted." I wrote the first three chapters initially, then wrote the last six chapters after that. Then I filled up the middle.
    I did something similar with a short story I wrote. I wrote the last several paragraphs as soon as they popped into my head before I finished writing the whole story. I did this because I outlined my tale first - I knew where I wanted my characters to end up, and what to do, at the story's end. It just took me a while to get them to that point in a plausible manner. (I ended up sitting on the unfinished tale for a couple of years before arriving at my solution!)

Well, when it comes to writing a story out of order nothing tops my first story, Essential Ron-ness. Over a few weeks I penned about six or so small Kim&Ron vignettes, hoping in vain to develop one of them into something larger. It wasn't until I looked at them again that I decided they could all be fitted together. Then I wrote transitions from one to another, rearranging them several times before the final order was settled.

And the very last thing I wrote at the very last minute, the "feedback from Middleton," actually led to all the rest of my stories. Without it, they wouldn't exist.

Announcing Cri de Guerre, my new fanfic.

Because it contains nudity, adult themes, and some bawdy badinage, it's rated M for Mature Audiences, though the humor in it is probably more suitable for those Elderly-But-Still-Immature like its author.

Just read it and left a review. Jess really knows how to stir things up. Looks like it's going to be a wild ride.