Fan Fiction - Page 56
Global Justice Alliance

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Thread: Fan Fiction

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    It's a valid AU pairing, David. Run with it!
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    It's a valid AU pairing, David. Run with it!
    I just posted part 20 of Double Entendre at Archive of Our Own and it's got some Josh/Kim goodness in it and it ends on an upbeat note for Ron too as it looks like he might have found someone...

Part 21 of Double Entendre has just been posted at Archive of Our Own. More Josh/Kim and Ron comes through!

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Jessica finds out how her trip to the past changed history in a new chapter of The Cheerleader on the Edge of Forever.

(Many years ago in the message board from which this one was spun off, a young author named Fireand'chutes77 had Kim meet a "Dr. Maturin," a character named in homage to the late Patrick O'Brian's 20+ Royal Navy novels. I resolved then that I would one day borrow a different character from that series for my own fanfic. I have now kept that promise.)
    Last edited by campy; 03-21-2020 at 06:45 PM.

And now with the posting of the epilogue the story is now complete.

(Let's see, what else do I have lying around here unfinished? Oh yeah...)

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post

Oh, Yeah! I'm still waiting on you finishing 'Mating Games'! ..............Of course, depending on what you do, I may have to edit "Queen's Gambit Declined".....
    "Say the Word"

Oh, Yeah! I'm still waiting on you finishing 'Mating Games'! ..............Of course, depending on what you do, I may have to edit "Queen's Gambit Declined".....
    No promises, but I'm actually thinking I might be able to complete it before my remaining life expectancy runs out. (Offer void in case of plague.)

So, just out of curiosity: where in your story are the parts where you refer to my finale?

I know I could reread your whole story but that's like 122,000 words. That's more than I've written in my entire literary career. I only passed 100,000 with my latest chapter.
    Last edited by campy; 03-23-2020 at 12:29 AM.

No promises, but I'm actually thinking I might be able to complete it before my remaining life expectancy runs out. (Offer void in case of plague.)

So, just out of curiosity: where in your story are the parts where you refer to my finale?

I know I could reread your whole story but that's like 122,000 words. That's more than I've written in my entire literary career. I only passed 100,000 with my latest chapter.
    There are times I referred back in passing to the beach party. For example, there is the argument/near fight between Kevin/Tara and Jason/Bonnie you have described, where Tara actually stood up to Bonnie and pretty much ended their friendship at the time, in orded to defend Kevin. Kevin discussed that with Dr. Estevez in Chapter Two. Also there were a couple of times when I referred to that big fight later on through Tara's remembrance to Kevin or to KP herself (if I remember correctly). There was also the time when Kevin and Tara actually kissed (I think in the pool), and they were was observed by his mother doing that (though that might have been earlier in the story), which Kevin's mother discsussed with Tara in Chapter Thirteen or so (I think). You never actually described that big fight scene at the beach party though, I believe, saving it for your last chapter which you've yet to write. It's been a while since I looked at my story, so I don't remember exactly where all of those references were. I can look them up if you want. You're right. It's a long story.

So I did reference your story a few times. Your story is essentially canon for mine, so depending on what you write, I may have to go in and do a little minor editing on mine.

I didn't actually know, so I looked it up. My stories total 483,000 words! I hadn't really though about that.....
    Last edited by jeriddian; 03-23-2020 at 04:37 AM.
    "Say the Word"

I didn't actually know, so I looked it up. My stories total 483,000 words! I hadn't really though about that.....
    Nothing wrong with a lot of words if you're telling a story worth reading, like you did. I happen to prefer to work in shorter forms, myself. Not counting Mating Games my 8 complete stories add up to around 44,000 words.

If you're interested, maybe I could have you beta read the finale when (and if) I get in in shape.
    Last edited by campy; 03-23-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Nothing wrong with a lot of words if you're telling a story worth reading, like you did. I happen to prefer to work in shorter forms, myself. Not counting Mating Games my 8 complete stories add up to around 44,000 words.

If you're interested, maybe I could have you beta read the finale when (and if) I get in in shape.
    I'd love to, campy. Call on me anytime.
    "Say the Word"

Chapter 23 of "Double Entendre" has just been posted on Archive of Our Own.