Is it just me or has the weather channel lost it?
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or has the weather channel lost it?

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar

Is it just me or has the weather channel lost it?

I hate politics and as of late I can't stand to watch the Weather channel that much anymore because of all the crap they go on about going green, global warming and all that. Then theres storm stories with there low grade special effects and stories about weather that I dont wanna hear about. I dont know where the money changed hand to ruin it but they did a good job. The weather channel used to be a place you could go and alls they did was report the weather and thats it. If i wanted to hear about politics and global warming crap ill watch the news channels. They should of stuck to what they were good at Instead of trying to be something else that they dont really need to be. Maybe its just me thinking this but thats what I feel anyways.

Mike_Industries
    Well, this is somewhat based on this...

Our local CBS Channel 4 WCCO has been going on and on about global warming in the weather too.

Now they went too far stating that getting snow in May was a cause of global warming... SNOW! IT HAS TO BE BELOW 30 DEGREES F!!!!!! Do they even listen to themselves anymore when it comes to weather?

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Industries View Post
    Well, this is somewhat based on this...

Our local CBS Channel 4 WCCO has been going on and on about global warming in the weather too.

Now they went too far stating that getting snow in May was a cause of global warming... SNOW! IT HAS TO BE BELOW 30 DEGREES F!!!!!! Do they even listen to themselves anymore when it comes to weather?
    The problem with global warming - perhaps climate change is a better moniker - is that is screws with preexisting weather systems. The disruption of water currents can generate weird weather in places that have never experienced it before, or at the wrong times. Even though it might be snowing bombers in one place, it might be broiling in another; both unusual systems would be the result of messed-up weather patterns due to changed sea/air temperatures. During this run-up phase, warming might not be stable across the board - we'll thrash between extremes.

But, yes, I agree with you that the Weather Channel should cut the fluff. We've already got established channels, such as Discovery, for "storm stories." I just want the Local on the Eights, please...
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Mike_Industries
    But snow in May is not wierd around here, Its very rare, but it has happened in our weather history from when they began keeping records (I checked) So to blame it on global warming now is just kinda wierd...

My grandpa hates the weather channel because all they do is yap about something he dosen't care about. Why can't it be like Olly from Family Guy?

"It's Gonna Rain!"

"It's Gonna Snow!"

"Eggo!"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Do the people on Weather Channel ever address these questions?:

What is the ideal climate for the Planet Earth?

If human activities are the cause of climate change on Earth, what is causing other planets' climates to change?

Mike_Industries
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Do the people on Weather Channel ever address these questions?:

If human activities are the cause of climate change on Earth, what is causing other planets' climates to change?
    I don't think I have ever heard that on the weather channel. Ever. Do you think they have no idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    But, yes, I agree with you that the Weather Channel should cut the fluff. We've already got established channels, such as Discovery, for "storm stories." I just want the Local on the Eights, please...
    No kidding. There's been so many times that i've tuned in the late evening and it around the 8th of the hour and... theres a storm story or something and they never show it.... so i end up having to boot up the computer to find out and at that point im ticked because I had planned on being in bed trying to get some sleep by then.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    — What is the ideal climate for the Planet Earth?
    I don't know... But I'd rather like to keep the one we have now for as long as possible, wouldn't you?

— If human activities are the cause of climate change on Earth, what is causing other planets' climates to change?
    If you're talking about Venus and other such planets, I'd expect massive volcanic activity. As for Jupiter and the other gas giants, I'm thinking their intense magnetic fields, fast rotations, and the fact there's almost nothing solid on them - just gases.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

I know about the average tempetures, and most the time were average or maybe a few degrees above... but we haven't had any huge above normal days for weeks or month were i live... so global warming must of left here... or it doesnt exist?

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    I don't know... But I'd rather like to keep the one we have now for as long as possible, wouldn't you?

If you're talking about Venus and other such planets, I'd expect massive volcanic activity. As for Jupiter and the other gas giants, I'm thinking their intense magnetic fields, fast rotations, and the fact there's almost nothing solid on them - just gases.
    Very condensed gasses.

I pretty much agree with you all here. I still think that they are not getting the whole picture on the global warming thing. It seems to me like what they're doing is similar to determining an entire two hour movie plot from a single frame shot. I am not so convinced yet.
    "Say the Word"