T-Minus ## And Counting...
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-Minus ## And Counting...

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar

T-Minus ## And Counting...

It's somewhat of a tradition of mine to use a space launch allegory for massive turning points in the KP franchise. I've used it for "So the Drama," when KP seemed to be over, when the series started back up (the shuttle's reentry), and now, for the third and last time, when KP rockets into her final adventure (in more ways than one!). Ironically, the space allusion is now more than fitting.

Ordinarily, I'd give a number for each real-time day of countdown, but seeing as I didn't start this 15 days earlier, I'll dash through this five steps at a time.

Godspeed, Commander Possible, godspeed!

-----

Launch of STS Mission 87, aboard Shuttle Kim Possible.

----

Florida
    Cape Canaveral
    NASA's Vehicle Assembly Building

Inspection and nomenclature parameters completed. Shuttle is ready for launch.

Preparation for installation of Shuttle on Crawler for transport to launch pad...

T-minus 15 and counting....

=========================================

Florida
    Cape Canaveral
    Crawlway

Shuttle is in transit on the Crawler, headed from the VAB toward Pad #408-05.

Distance to pad via crawlway: 3.6 miles.

T-minus 14 and counting...

Florida
    Cape Canaveral
    Launch Pad #408-05

Shuttle is at pad in position, and secure at the Tower for launch. Kim Krew now boarding. Equipment and supplies loaded.

T-minus 13 and counting...

Florida
    Cape Canaveral
    Launch Pad #408-05

Begin cryogenic O2 and H2 fuel loading into External Tank. Calibrating electronics, gyroscopes, and maneuvering software.
    Gimbaling the main nozzles into launch position.

T-minus 12 and counting...

Florida
    Cape Canaveral
    Launch Pad #408-05

Fueling complete. Cyro. pipes away.
    Weather: Clear and Calm.
    We have engines on-line.

T-minus 11 and counting...

Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Senior Member cpneb's Avatar

interesting concept...

I am looking forward to Friday, even having heard snippits of the events (and, no, I'm not telling!). I only have one disappointment; if you know me, you can imagine what it is....

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpneb View Post
    I am looking forward to Friday, even having heard snippits of the events (and, no, I'm not telling!). I only have one disappointment; if you know me, you can imagine what it is....

No Lectroids from Dimension Six?

Registered User Senior Member MrDrP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpneb View Post

No Lectroids from Dimension Six?
    That made me laugh.

Despite the availability of the finale, I'm waiting to watch it on TV. It's the last new episode we'll ever get to watch, so rushing to watch it in an itty-bitty streaming video box just doesn't seem right.

Same here. While I was admittably impatient to some extent to read the spoilers in regards to the episode, I am in no rush to actually watch it before the big day arrives. Dig out the recordable VHS tapes and the popcorn, 'cause that day is gonna be one to remember.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Well with 2 and 1/2 hours to go 'till the big 3 day event gets ready to happen my check list is complete. Scan disk & defrag are complete and hard drives got 231 gigs of free space to work with. Computers recorder schedule is set and ready to go for its first 18 hour run... not to much longer now.

Registered User Regular Member Molloy's Avatar

Smile

I am holding off as well.

It may become difficult as the week wears on and more and more people watch the utube version to avoid any spoilers however.

So I will try to stay focused on my writing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Freedom involves being able truly to care about other people & to sacrifice for them over and over in myriad petty, unsexy ways every day. --David Foster Wallace

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    well 10 minutes to go... any final thoughts/words before history is going to be made?
    I'm pretty much speachless myself now that the day is here.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    Same here. While I was admittably impatient to some extent to read the spoilers in regards to the episode, I am in no rush to actually watch it before the big day arrives. Dig out the recordable VHS tapes and the popcorn, 'cause that day is gonna be one to remember.

Reminds me of the last episode of MASH, The fanfare, I remind beening in a funk for weeks. I fine the same now.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Well, I don't care, I watched the finale already. It's not like a streaming video window is a whole lot smaller than my TV anyway. Besides, I could step under a bus tomorrow.