Moving... I need some color ideas
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Moving... I need some color ideas

  1. #1
    Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake,Va
    Posts
    1,437

    Moving... I need some color ideas

    Ok, it's scheudled that were going to close on this house that were moving to in earily October... the problem is the room im getting... was a girls room and the walls were painted pink . I'm obviouly going to paint over that but i'm not sure what color I wanna go with... I'm thinking of a light or just regular blue. But i'm not sure what to go with. Any Color ideas? Keeping in mind i have to live with this ..

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    7,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    Ok, it's scheudled that were going to close on this house that were moving to in earily October... the problem is the room im getting... was a girls room and the walls were painted pink . I'm obviouly going to paint over that but i'm not sure what color I wanna go with... I'm thinking of a light or just regular blue. But i'm not sure what to go with. Any Color ideas? Keeping in mind i have to live with this ..
    My daughter painted her new room yellow with white trim, and it looks really bright and cheerful in the pictures she sent.

  3. #3
    Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake,Va
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    Ok, it's scheudled that were going to close on this house that were moving to in earily October... the problem is the room im getting... was a girls room and the walls were painted pink . I'm obviouly going to paint over that but i'm not sure what color I wanna go with... I'm thinking of a light or just regular blue. But i'm not sure what to go with. Any Color ideas? Keeping in mind i have to live with this ..
    My daughter painted her new room yellow with white trim, and it looks really bright and cheerful in the pictures she sent.
    Hmmm... yellow.... Might not be to bad, but i've been thinking of a darker color then what i've got now in my room... White so anything really is better then that. bright yellow, Lime green or sky blue is the current front runners.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    7,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    Hmmm... yellow.... Might not be to bad, but i've been thinking of a darker color then what i've got now in my room... White so anything really is better then that. bright yellow, Lime green or sky blue is the current front runners.
    I find really dark works well too. I had a very small (10' x 10') den in our old house that had five windows. I painted the walls and trim all the same dark red and it was really cozy.

    The lime green sounds good too, though. Like sitting inside a Key Lime pie. :P (Or a Margarita!)

  5. #5
    Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake,Va
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    Hmmm... yellow.... Might not be to bad, but i've been thinking of a darker color then what i've got now in my room... White so anything really is better then that. bright yellow, Lime green or sky blue is the current front runners.
    I find really dark works well too. I had a very small (10' x 10') den in our old house that had five windows. I painted the walls and trim all the same dark red and it was really cozy.

    The lime green sounds good too, though. Like sitting inside a Key Lime pie. :P (Or a Margarita!)
    Wow.. 10'x10'? That's about the size of i'll be getting but it's only got 2 windows. As for the lime green... well my family and myself are long time daimler-chrysler owners. I've always loved the lime green that the plymouth hemi-cuda was painted...even though it was two tone. Man... if I had the time and money I'd paint the walls up with artwork but thats just a dream at this point. I'm going to have to take a good look though at what really looks good on the wall before I make the final discission.

  6. #6
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    Hmmm... yellow.... Might not be to bad, but i've been thinking of a darker color then what i've got now in my room... White so anything really is better then that. bright yellow, Lime green or sky blue is the current front runners.
    Lime green? Not my choice of room color, but then, it isn't my room. Sky blue would probably look real nice, though. The pale color might give the room a more airy feeling, while deeper colors may make it seem smaller.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    Hmmm... yellow.... Might not be to bad, but i've been thinking of a darker color then what i've got now in my room... White so anything really is better then that. bright yellow, Lime green or sky blue is the current front runners.
    Lime green? Not my choice of room color, but then, it isn't my room. Sky blue would probably look real nice, though. The pale color might give the room a more airy feeling, while deeper colors may make it seem smaller.
    My room was a really odd asparagus color when I moved in, but it's now sky blue. Lighter colors will help the room look bigger. You could always paint three walls one color and one differently.

    Or you could leave it pink. It'd match pretty much all of the KP merchandise in the US.

  8. #8
    Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake,Va
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Lime green? Not my choice of room color, but then, it isn't my room. Sky blue would probably look real nice, though. The pale color might give the room a more airy feeling, while deeper colors may make it seem smaller.
    I could be thinking wrong though... I cant help but think when I'm feeling sick and in bed .... ok Greens out. I'm going to have to take a good look at what the yellow and blue look like.

    Quote Originally Posted by AinoMinako View Post
    Or you could leave it pink. It'd match pretty much all of the KP merchandise in the US.
    People might start to look at a guy a little... wierd with pink color walls in a room full of manly stuff... so im going to have to say to that idea.

  9. #9
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025
    White or light gray with a mild tint of green or blue has always worked well for me. It's not so glaring that you get tired of it and most good quality primers will cover the previous color (sure you want to get rid of the pink? We could chip in for a My Little Pony Lamp ).

  10. #10
    Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake,Va
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    White or light gray with a mild tint of green or blue has always worked well for me. It's not so glaring that you get tired of it and most good quality primers will cover the previous color (sure you want to get rid of the pink? We could chip in for a My Little Pony Lamp ).
    Oh, Please no! Not my little pony!? My older sister is a my little pony fanatic! She's been to local fan club gatherings and had a friend of this come all the way from Spain to visit. Please dont torture me anymore with it...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •