Ummm... arn't we missing someone? -----Not Anymore!
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ummm... arn't we missing someone? -----Not Anymore!

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar

Question Ummm... arn't we missing someone? -----Not Anymore!

I see on the main page that Greenmandmz was listed here but ummm... Yeah I don't see em'... did I miss something?

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    I see on the main page that Greenmandmz was listed here but ummm... Yeah I don't see em'... did I miss something?
    I'll be making an announcment on that shortly, Cloud. Give me a day or two as I need to go to the ED regarding this.
    "Say the Word"

Ok, I just wasn't sure if he changed to a different name and I missed it.

GreenmanDMZ status

I wanted to let the ED know before I made this announcement to the general membership.

We haven't seen Greenmandmz for a long time now due to a career change. He has been in full support of the forum and was involved in the inital stages of planning and building the forum in the early summer. However, he had been thinking about changing his job during this period of time. He has joined the Coast Guard and was in the process of getting ready for basic training. He knew that he was going to be going soon, but not exactly when. He warned me of this and that when he went to basic training, he would not be able to get online at all during that time. He stopped communicating on the board in early July, a little before I put the GJA up in its embryonic stages, just for the ED members to test it out in order to get it ready to go public. So, he's never had a chance to log on. He said his basic training would last thirteen weeks. If so, I expect he should be finished with it in mid-October or so. Hopefully we will hear back from him then.
    "Say the Word"

As long as he'll be coming here, then it's all good. Hope everything goes well with the Coast Guard thing too.

Registered User Full Member recon228's Avatar
    Good for greenmandmz for deciding to join the Coast Guard!

Did he mention what field he's hoping to go into, jeriddian? I've trained with some of their Marine Safety and Security Teams at Camp Pendleton on a few occasions now; they struck me as some pretty top-notch men and women.
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by recon228 View Post

Did he mention what field he's hoping to go into, jeriddian? I've trained with some of their Marine Safety and Security Teams at Camp Pendleton on a few occasions now; they struck me as some pretty top-notch men and women.
    I don't recall him saying going into anything specific. I think he only mentioned going into basic training and that was about it. I'm sure he'll let us know all about it when he comes back.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by recon228 View Post

I've worked with their security teams and LEO in various places, as well as the Coast Guard at large. They're sharp.
    On a joint operation, we once broke up a real Greenpeace protest that we had thought was a mock protest planned for the exercise, the CG guys and gals thought it was pretty cool, since we were able to vector them onto targets in a way that they couldn't do on their own. Apparently we got cutters onto the situation so fast that Greenpeace spent the next couple of months trying to find infiltrators that didn't exist.

As a general announcement, I am pleased to announce the return of Greenmandmz to the GJA fold! He has finished his basic training in boot camp with the Coast Guard, and is now able to get back on the internet and join us once again.

I'm sure everone here will join me in welcoming him back!
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Welcome back, greenmandmz!