Trying to find a program...
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to find a program...

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar

Trying to find a program...

Pc-doctor for windows. They have to stil make it but i cant find a retailer that sells it. I have it on my desktop and it's barely a year old... my laptops having major issues and I wanted to get it to run it on there.. anyone know this program and where I could find it? maybe a website?

Registered User Full Member san's Avatar
    do you mean something like that? http://www.pcdocpro.com/order.php

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    do you mean something like that? http://www.pcdocpro.com/order.php
    Well... this isn't the exact program I'm looking for... but it may do what I need it to do... Thanks for the link.

that was the only promising result after consulting google for about 5 min.

i personally wouldn't spend any money on those kind of software, because there has to be freeware for that too, might be less professional support, if necessary. can't give you another alternative, not using those kind of software.
    well maybe it's just me, i try to figure out why where the problem is and maybe solve it on my own. and i can't see if it would be successful if there are too many major problems.

I tried the program... sadly its not what I was hoping it would be. It scans the registry and programs but not the hardware.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    What exactly is the problem you are having with the computer?
    "Say the Word"

hmm hardware, that's what you can test:
    RAM: http://www.memtest.org/
    Harddisk: try the diagnostic tool from the manufacturer
    Graphics card/CPU: well there can you try stress tests. and they aren't working properly there might be failure (i'd have to look them up, if necessary)

but like jeriddian said: what are the problems?
    that's the best to start with. anything else is just a wild guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    It's running SLOW! I put a brand new 100gb 7200Rpm seagate hard drive in it (So if it is the HD It has a 5 year warranty and ill get it swapped out) and seems like it got slower. I'd like to test the hard drive and the rest of the system to see if I can find what the issue is.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    It's running SLOW! I put a brand new 100gb 7200Rpm seagate hard drive in it (So if it is the HD It has a 5 year warranty and ill get it swapped out) and seems like it got slower. I'd like to test the hard drive and the rest of the system to see if I can find what the issue is.
    I doubt it's the hard drive. Most issues with slow speed have to do with the system bus and RAM, when it's a hardware issue. More than likely it's going to be a software issue such as a virus or malware. What's your OS? How many different programs do you have running on the computer? How long has it been since you had the OS installed? Do you regularly upgrade the OS with updates? Have you defragged the HDD? (of course with a new one that's not an issue). Is your registry cleaned up well? These are some of the questions that run through my mind.
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    I doubt it's the hard drive. Most issues with slow speed have to do with the system bus and RAM, when it's a hardware issue. More than likely it's going to be a software issue such as a virus or malware. What's your OS? How many different programs do you have running on the computer? How long has it been since you had the OS installed? Do you regularly upgrade the OS with updates? Have you defragged the HDD? (of course with a new one that's not an issue). Is your registry cleaned up well? These are some of the questions that run through my mind.
    Answers to those questions
    OS is XP Pro w/sp2.
    I'm lucky If I can get one to run at a steady speed.
    Yes I get all the regular update from windows.
    Yes I've ran scan disk and defrag several times.
    registry's cleaned.
    also I have norton system works 2005 and spy sweeper and they've all been ran and cleaned up anything they found.. and still the same slow pace.