We Got our afternoon time slot back! - Page 3
Global Justice Alliance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We Got our afternoon time slot back!

Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    I don't know what there aiming for but I feel sorry for all our high/middle school fans. Back when I was at my high school years it was 3:30pm when Kp was scheduled. I feel bad for them.
    *Fume*

Why can't the schedule it around 4 or 4:30? That's when I get home from school...
    That time would be great! But, sadly, it was not to be....
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    I don't know what there aiming for but I feel sorry for all our high/middle school fans. Back when I was at my high school years it was 3:30pm when Kp was scheduled. I feel bad for them.
    *Fume*

Why can't the schedule it around 4 or 4:30? That's when I get home from school...
    That time would be great! But, sadly, it was not to be....
    Asking for the 4:30pm time slot would be WAY to much to ask... It might have to cut in to the mutiable daily showings of either The Suite Life of Zack & Cody & Hannah Montana. God knows we can't do that.

Registered User Senior Member cpneb's Avatar
    Asking for the 4:30pm time slot would be WAY to much to ask... It might have to cut in to the mutiable daily showings of either The Suite Life of Zack & Cody & Hannah Montana. God knows we can't do that.
    Cloud23465, That was not a 'note' of sarcasm, that was the entire 1st movement of Beethovan's 9th Symphony.

To quote Triple-S: Well played, sir, well played!

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNaco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpneb View Post
    Disney just released the staff of the show that has probably given them the most heartburn of any recently...
    Actually, I'd have to disagree with you on that one - from what I've read of the producers' blog, American Dragon: Jake Long has probably given the execs more heartburn than KP has. (Sure, KP has its dramatic moments/episodes, but the ADJL crew insisted on having drama and continuing story arcs in addition to comedy and standalone eps from day one.)

Just clarifying (I think.)
    NinjaNaco, you cut the quote short:
    "Disney just released the staff of the show that has probably given them the most heartburn of any recently because of 'those meddling' adults (apologies to SD fans) and viewers, and they finally acquiesced to a dual-time slot showing."

I was referencing the fans causing the grief, not the crew (like ADJL). I haven't seen an uprising of ADJL fans similar to the KP fans; then again, I may just be running around on the wrong boards.

btw: nice signature pic: three of my favorite ladies from the show....

Cloud23465, That was not a 'note' of sarcasm, that was the entire 1st movement of Beethovan's 9th Symphony.

Thanks. Even though what I've said makes alot of sense... perhaps to much sense... I don't think the suits could understand. It just ticks me off that they throw KP to the side like yesterdays news and put these aweful shows in the spotlight. But that's the nature of the beast... once you've served your purpose (ratings and $$$ makin') then your moved to the side.

Thanks. Even though what I've said makes alot of sense... perhaps to much sense... I don't think the suits could understand. It just ticks me off that they throw KP to the side like yesterdays news and put these aweful shows in the spotlight. But that's the nature of the beast... once you've served your purpose (ratings and $$$ makin') then your moved to the side.
    The most frightening thing abut 'Hannah Montana:' most of the suits and their wives danced to Achy Breaky Heart! so we know one reason that they have a sofft spot in their hearts...that, and lots of girls like Hanna/Miley (and aren't KP fans: definitely different demographics: darn difficult, determinate use of alliteration, no?)

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Asking for the 4:30pm time slot would be WAY too much to ask... It might have to cut into the multiple daily showings of either The Suite Life of Zack & Cody & Hannah Montana. God knows we can't do that.
    Cloud23465, That was not a 'note' of sarcasm, that was the entire 1st movement of Beethoven's 9th Symphony.

Thanks. Even though what I've said makes a lot of sense... perhaps too much sense... I don't think the suits could understand. It just ticks me off that they throw KP to the side like yesterday's news and put these awful shows in the spotlight. But that's the nature of the beast... once you've served your purpose (ratings and $$$ makin') then you're moved to the side.
    The most frightening thing abut 'Hannah Montana:' most of the suits and their wives danced to Achy Breaky Heart! so we know one reason that they have a soft spot in their hearts...that, and lots of girls like Hannah/Miley (and aren't KP fans: definitely different demographics: darn difficult, determinate use of alliteration, no?)
    Right now, Disney Channel is showing those multiple episodes of "Suite Life" and "Hannah Montana" daily to serve as "filler" during the end of the summer-rerun period. On October 1, their new fall season begins and with it, a new schedule. Besides, I just read somewhere that they recently completed the final episode of "Suite Life."
    And yes, it's a sad fact of life, but TV and cable programmers will move an older show to a different time slot to make room for a new program. And yes, it is done in the name of ratings and revenue. It's not easy to face, but that's the way things are in the world of broadcasting. But remember this: "Kim Possible" is a lot more popular than other recent Disney Channel shows, like "Dave the Barbarian" or "The Buzz on Maggie;" that's why Kim's still running on Disney Channel in a pair of reasonable time slots while "Dave" and "Maggie" have been sent to the gulag of early-morning scheduling (between 2 and 5 AM).
    So let's count our blessings. Kim still has a home on DC; and will continue to run there for a while yet. And besides, if you've been recording the episodes on tape, disc, or Tivo, then you can watch Kim and friends anytime you want, regardless of the schedule. In that respect, it's like owning a copy of your favorite book - it's there for you to enjoy at your leisure.

I think it's time for me to get Toon Disney... they have mutiable showings... it's not really consistent but it's way better then what DC showings.

My TV listings were wrong. KP apparently came on at 1:30 today. I turned on the TV at 2:30 and The Replacements started. Bleh!

The Kim & Ron Fundamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Argus View Post
    My TV listings were wrong. KP apparently came on at 1:30 today. I turned on the TV at 2:30 and The Replacements started. Bleh!
    Check post #13.