Define Josh
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Define Josh

Define Josh

What is your opinion of the relationship between Kim and Josh prior to "Emotion Sickness."

Were they officially 'dating?'
    Was he just Kim's crush who she went out with one or two times?
    Could he even be called a boyfriend?

The Kim & Ron Fundamentalist

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    In my opinion, the date we saw was the only one. I don't believe what Kim said in "Emotion Sickness" necessarily implies anything stronger.

Never really gave it much thought. But now that I do... In the words of the venerable Shego, "I approve." Nice guy as far as characters go, and he helped add to the high school side of Kim's storytelling back in the day. Though it's kind of a shame he didn't get much screentime following Emotion Sickness; whether or not he was the one Kim was crushing on or not, it would have been nice for him to at least get a line of dialogue here and there. It's not like he disappeared off the face of the KP 'verse Earth... or did he? Oh, a plot bunny strikes...

'Anyway, Shego pretty gave him two green glowing thumbs up in Blush and I shall do the same... well, with the exception of the green glowing part of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My take is that Kim and Josh may have had a few dates, but that's all before the crush fizzled out.
    Why is everyone who drives slower than me an idiot, and everyone who drives faster a maniac?

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Given the way Kim says we drifted apart, I figured that they had continued dating up until fairly shortly before Emotion Sickness, particularly in light of Ron's frantic pursuit of dates in episodes such as SSS. I pretty much assumed that it that were not the case that she and Ron would have been hanging out together even on a non-romantic basis.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Registered User Senior Member cpneb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Argus View Post
    What is your opinion of the relationship between Kim and Josh prior to "Emotion Sickness."

Were they officially 'dating?'
    Was he just Kim's crush who she went out with one or two times?
    Could he even be called a boyfriend?
    Commander:
    My take on the Josh/Kim relationship:
    Take one Type-A science-driven woman, add a Type-B arts-driven man, put them together, and it lasts for a bit until they finally break up. They continue to have common friends, and the side of Kim that wants to help people continues to support Josh as he moves forward in his music and artistic career.

Their relationship?
    I've taken a shot at documenting some of the past as well as some of its future in:
    BaR 01: My Eyes Adored You, chapter 3, (the story is written together with the father/daughter team of JAKT) and in
    BaR 05: Scarlet Innocence: the Death of Kim Possible.

He seems like a laid-back and likable guy, but I can't really assess anything beyond that because of his lack of screentime.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I think that Kim really was attracted to his good looks and to his laid back and easy going personality, his ability to get along with everybody, his talents at drawing and in music. As they got to know each other better, Kim realized she really did like Josh, but only as a friend because he was not the dogged achiever she is. Her type A personallity had a problem dealing with his non-type A style, so that probably cooled her ardor, and the fact that they really didn't have all that much in common. She still thinks he's a great guy, liked hanging with him, but they didn't have that much to do with each other, hanging in different circles, and so they drifted apart.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    ...As they got to know each other better, Kim realized she really did like Josh, but only as a friend because he was not the dogged achiever she is. Her type A personallity had a problem dealing with his non-type A style, so that probably cooled her ardor, and the fact that they really didn't have all that much in common. She still thinks he's a great guy, liked hanging with him, but they didn't have that much to do with each other, hanging in different circles, and so they drifted apart.
    One wonders, then, how in the world Kim/Ron ever got off the ground. :P

"I like you, don't I? What're the odds of that?"

*Ron cranks it through his calculator.*

"...Slim-to-none."

---

EDIT: Oddly enough, this thread title reminds me of a fanfic series by cpneb... (Look, 'neb - you're able to get plugs even when you're not actually typing! )
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    One wonders, then, how in the world Kim/Ron ever got off the ground. :P

"I like you, don't I? What're the odds of that?"

*Ron cranks it through his calculator.*

"...Slim-to-none."

Remember, Kim likes weird.............

Now if only the cheerleaders in my school were like that when I was Ron's age.
    "Say the Word"