Shego and Drakken
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Shego and Drakken

  1. #1

    Shego and Drakken

    Given how the Shego-Drakken relationship ended in Graduation, I wonder if the writers already had this in mind when they wrote Mad Dog and Aliens.

    When Mad Dog and Aliens first aired my take on Shego's reaction to Warmonga was simply that Shego was annoyed at the implication that Warmonga (or anyone, for that matter) was better than her, professional jealousy so to speak, rather than romantic.

    So that's why I'm curious as to when the writers decided to end it like they did in the finale, which, for me at least, came as a surprise.
    Why is everyone who drives slower than me an idiot, and everyone who drives faster a maniac?

  2. #2
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,054
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck31003 View Post
    Given how the Shego-Drakken relationship ended in Graduation, I wonder if the writers already had this in mind when they wrote Mad Dog and Aliens.

    When Mad Dog and Aliens first aired my take on Shego's reaction to Warmonga was simply that Shego was annoyed at the implication that Warmonga (or anyone, for that matter) was better than her, professional jealousy so to speak, rather than romantic.

    So that's why I'm curious as to when the writers decided to end it like they did in the finale, which, for me at least, came as a surprise.
    This was the end of the series. Disney always has a habit of making everything into a happy ending for everybody. So KIM and Ron have a happy ending. Bonnie and SSJ, The Possible and Stoppable families, even Barkin in a way. But Shego and Drakken are a special case because they are the villains. Now in a long running series of this nature that is coming to a presumed permanent close, what else is there to do? There aren't goign to be any more fights, any more schemes to pull off, no more take over the world tries. This leaves Drakken in a position where his life's ambition is completely unfulfilled. So unless you kill him off (a la Ursula in The Little Mermaid or Clayton in Tarzan), it would be very hard to just leave him hanging. Disney ahs done that before, but it almost is always in something in which the series will return and the viallina will get another try. Not so in this case. This is it, Goodbye.

    Even Steve said that the decision to bring Shego and Drakken together like that was a last minute thing. My impression is that they argued long and loud about what to do with them, and finally decided to go with the tried and true Disney policy of a happy ending for everyone. This meant Drakken and Shego would no longer be doing evil per se, i.e. looking to take over the world, thus the medal ceremony as a kickoff for a new change in the direction they would take, and then of course the possibility that they would actually be a couple. It was a feasible way to end the series. A little ludicrous maybe to some, but it fit their view of the "rule of cool", I think. And if you think about it, I believe it fits really well into a set up for future Kim Possible episodes. It sets the stage for a transition. everyone moves on to the next stage in life. Kim in college would get a new super villain. Drakken and Shego would end up being a couple. She would start calling him Drew. He probably would putter around like an absent minded professor somewhere creating stuff, and she would just kind of take care of him and shake her head, smiling the whole time. I still haven't quite figured out what she would do for a job though....
    "Say the Word"

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I still haven't quite figured out what she would do for a job though....
    Shego should be Middleton High's new Dean of Discipline. :P
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

  4. #4
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,054
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I still haven't quite figured out what she would do for a job though....
    Shego should be Middleton High's new Dean of Discipline. :P
    That's right!! I forgot. She does have her degree in child development. She could teach high school at Middleton High! Think of all the cool interactions she could have with 'Stevie', trying to get him to bug off now that she's with Drakken, and how she and the tweebs would interact. I can see Kim now....."Great! My ex arch-foe is teaching my tweeb brothers on how they can further aggravate me........"
    "Say the Word"

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I still haven't quite figured out what she would do for a job though....
    Shego should be Middleton High's new Dean of Discipline. :P
    That's right!! I forgot. She does have her degree in child development. She could teach high school at Middleton High! Think of all the cool interactions she could have with 'Stevie', trying to get him to bug off now that she's with Drakken, and how she and the tweebs would interact. I can see Kim now....."Great! My ex arch-foe is teaching my tweeb brothers on how they can further aggravate me........"
    Season Five, anyone?

    Heh, Shego would make a great Dean. She's tough enough, and I'm sure Tim and Jim would annoy her more than she could ever get them to annoy Kim.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

  6. #6
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,054
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamGirl View Post
    Season Five, anyone?

    Heh, Shego would make a great Dean. She's tough enough, and I'm sure Tim and Jim would annoy her more than she could ever get them to annoy Kim.
    I don't know................I just see Tim and Jim's mischevious streak being something Shego would actually enjoy a bit, so every now and then.... but yeah, the tweebs would probably aggravate the heck out of her too.:P
    "Say the Word"

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamGirl View Post
    Season Five, anyone?

    Heh, Shego would make a great Dean. She's tough enough, and I'm sure Tim and Jim would annoy her more than she could ever get them to annoy Kim.
    I don't know................I just see Tim and Jim's mischevious streak being something Shego would actually enjoy a bit, so every now and then.... but yeah, the tweebs would probably aggravate the heck out of her too.:P
    They would sit around plotting: "How much do you think we can annoy Shego without her shooting her green ray-thingies at us?"
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

  8. #8
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I still haven't quite figured out what she would do for a job though....
    Shego should be Middleton High's new Dean of Discipline. :P
    That's right!! I forgot. She does have her degree in child development. She could teach high school at Middleton High! Think of all the cool interactions she could have with 'Stevie', trying to get him to bug off now that she's with Drakken, and how she and the tweebs would interact. I can see Kim now....."Great! My ex arch-foe is teaching my tweeb brothers on how they can further aggravate me........"
    Season Five, anyone?

    Heh, Shego would make a great Dean. She's tough enough, and I'm sure Tim and Jim would annoy her more than she could ever get them to annoy Kim.
    Tim: You mean... You're getting rid of detentions?!

    Jim: Hica-bica-boo!

    Tim: Hoosha!

    *Shego grins slightly, chillingly, in a way that makes the teens' hands fall limp from their hi-five* Oh, yes... You now have two options. Uno, stop cutting up and wasting my time; Midas was getting to the good part... As for dos....

    *With a crackling pavoom, plasma emulsifies up her wrist and lightly curved fingers, flaring into the air above her hand in a swirling column of viridian.*

    Jim and Tim:

    ---

    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  9. #9
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Tim: You mean... You're getting rid of detentions?!

    Jim: Hica-bica-boo!

    Tim: Hoosha!

    *Shego grins slightly, chillingly, in a way that makes the teens' hands fall limp from their hi-five* Oh, yes... You now have two options. Uno, stop cutting up and wasting my time; Midas was getting to the good part... As for dos....

    *With a crackling pavoom, plasma emulsifies up her wrist and lightly curved fingers, flaring into the air above her hand in a swirling column of viridian.*

    Jim and Tim:

    ---

    Well of course.....Shego's contract with the school district would naturally require the presence of her personal masseuse, and the Tweebs should know better than to interrupt that.

    Kim: They did what??

    Shego: You heard me. You should know from the time you interrupted me that it was a BAD thing to do. Your brothers need to understand that. When Midas is around, no interruptions!

    Kim: Okay, okay. But shouldn't you be talking to my parents about them?

    Shego: They referred me to you.

    Kim: Me?? why me?? I'm only their sister!

    Shego: They said I should talk to you because I'm your ex-arch foe.

    Kim: What does that have to do with it? I'm halfway across the country!

    Shego: Hey don't look at me. They're your parents........

    Kim: Arrggh! okay! I'll come home and talk to them!

    Shego: Oh yeah. and when you come back through Go City, could you pick up some hot dogs for me? You know the good ones with chili cheese and mustard?..............:P
    "Say the Word"

  10. #10
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,121
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    ...It sets the stage for a transition. everyone moves on to the next stage in life. Kim in college would get a new super villain. Drakken and Shego would end up being a couple. She would start calling him Drew. He probably would putter around like an absent minded professor somewhere creating stuff, and she would just kind of take care of him and shake her head, smiling the whole time.

    I have this image in my head of Drakken attempting one get-rich-quick scheme after another (each involving some new invention of his), and after each one fails, complaining loudly, "It was my best plan ever!"

Similar Threads

  1. Here Comes Dr. Drakken -AMV-
    By Twila Starla in forum Kim Possible
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 12:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •