The Fannie Awards Thread - Page 33
Global Justice Alliance

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 334

Thread: The Fannie Awards Thread

  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post

    Aw, sorry to here you missed your chance, Ace Ian. I had been wondering why you weren't up there!

    Oh well, glad to hear your grandfather was alright!
    Yeah, me too. I think what upsets me the most was not being there for your moment though. You definitely deserved your award, and I had been eager to see you get yours, savvy?
    LOL! Thanks! You deserved to win as well, it's a shame you didn't.
    Aw, shucks. (I do believe the only time I ever say that is on the Web)Well, considering I was competing against you, fireand'chutes, and other wonderful authors in my two categories, at least it was a good loss IMO.
    Well, there's always next year! And I intend to bring them up a notch this year! I have a fanbase now, after all!

  2. #322
    Registered User Senior Member Ran Hakubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The home office in Owasso, OK
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post

    Aw, sorry to here you missed your chance, Ace Ian. I had been wondering why you weren't up there!

    Oh well, glad to hear your grandfather was alright!
    Yeah, me too. I think what upsets me the most was not being there for your moment though. You definitely deserved your award, and I had been eager to see you get yours, savvy?
    LOL! Thanks! You deserved to win as well, it's a shame you didn't.
    Aw, shucks. (I do believe the only time I ever say that is on the Web)Well, considering I was competing against you, fireand'chutes, and other wonderful authors in my two categories, at least it was a good loss IMO.
    Well, there's always next year! And I intend to bring them up a notch this year! I have a fanbase now, after all!
    I hear that. Having three Fannie noms is motivation enough for me to actually try and win one or two next year. I've already got a number of targets in mind. Best Comedy, Best Series, Best Songfic, and Most Unusual Pairing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, in fact, I did have Mario bed sheets

  3. #323
    Registered User Regular Member Kwebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Ran Hakubi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post

    Aw, sorry to here you missed your chance, Ace Ian. I had been wondering why you weren't up there!

    Oh well, glad to hear your grandfather was alright!
    Yeah, me too. I think what upsets me the most was not being there for your moment though. You definitely deserved your award, and I had been eager to see you get yours, savvy?
    LOL! Thanks! You deserved to win as well, it's a shame you didn't.
    Aw, shucks. (I do believe the only time I ever say that is on the Web)Well, considering I was competing against you, fireand'chutes, and other wonderful authors in my two categories, at least it was a good loss IMO.
    Well, there's always next year! And I intend to bring them up a notch this year! I have a fanbase now, after all!
    I hear that. Having three Fannie noms is motivation enough for me to actually try and win one or two next year. I've already got a number of targets in mind. Best Comedy, Best Series, Best Songfic, and Most Unusual Pairing.
    So Ran, who are you gonna pair Rufus up with?

  4. #324
    Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    11,457
    Since when is there a Fannie award for Most Unusual Pairing?

  5. #325
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwebs View Post
    ....

    So Ran, who are you gonna pair Rufus up with?
    Sounds like the advent of the real K/R......
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  6. #326
    Registered User Senior Member Ran Hakubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The home office in Owasso, OK
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwebs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ran Hakubi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post

    Aw, sorry to here you missed your chance, Ace Ian. I had been wondering why you weren't up there!

    Oh well, glad to hear your grandfather was alright!
    Yeah, me too. I think what upsets me the most was not being there for your moment though. You definitely deserved your award, and I had been eager to see you get yours, savvy?
    LOL! Thanks! You deserved to win as well, it's a shame you didn't.
    Aw, shucks. (I do believe the only time I ever say that is on the Web)Well, considering I was competing against you, fireand'chutes, and other wonderful authors in my two categories, at least it was a good loss IMO.
    Well, there's always next year! And I intend to bring them up a notch this year! I have a fanbase now, after all!
    I hear that. Having three Fannie noms is motivation enough for me to actually try and win one or two next year. I've already got a number of targets in mind. Best Comedy, Best Series, Best Songfic, and Most Unusual Pairing.
    So Ran, who are you gonna pair Rufus up with?
    It could be called best alternate pairing...sorry, my brain is a little frazzled and I can't seem to get it to work write.

    I was actually talking about my Josh Mankey/Shego pairing. Which can be found here:

    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4063378/..._Saw_it_Coming

    As far as Rufus? I gotta stick to my home roots. RuGo through and through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, in fact, I did have Mario bed sheets

  7. #327
    Registered User Veteran Member Ace Ian Combat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Near the Middleton Pet Cemetery
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by Ran Hakubi View Post

    I was actually talking about my Josh Mankey/Shego pairing. Which can be found here:

    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4063378/..._Saw_it_Coming
    Darn it, I knew I should have gotten that pairing out earlier when I had the chance... don't know why I never started my Josh / Shego... I only have two prequels out for it. Man, I wish there was a playful fist-shaking emoticon.

    That reminds me: How many people remember this, coming out 2 months after StD, from my Turning Over a New Green Leaf?

    The group now turned their attention to the first contestant of the talent show. Kim gasped. Up on stage was her cousin, Joss Possible. Joss started singing. (In the next parts, I'm going to try to get these as accurate as I can.)

    "Just a day, just an ordinary day. Just trying to get by. Just a boy just an ordinary boy but he was looking to the sky. As he asked if I would come along I started to realize that everyday he finds just what he's looking for. Like a shooting star, he shines. And he said, 'Take my hand. Live while you can. Dont' you feel when dreams are right in the palm in of your hand. As he spoke he spoke ordinary words," Ron and Felix noticed that Wade was blushing a deep red, "Though they did not feel, no. For I felt what I had not felt before. You'd swear those words could heal. As I looked up into those eyes," Joss was now staring straight at Wade, who was blushing an even darker red, " his vision mirrors mine. And I know he's no stranger, for I feel I've held him for all of time. And he said, 'Take my hand. Live while you can. Dont' you feel when dreams are right in the palm in of your hand," Joss now stretched her hand out in front of her at Wade, who looked like an overgrown beet, "In the palm of your hand. Please come with me. See what I see. Touch the stars for time will not flee. Time will not flee. Can you see? Just a dream, just an ordinary dream as I wake in bed. And the boy, that ordinary boy, wasn't all in my head. Did he ask if I would come along? It all seemed so real. But as I looked to the door I saw that boy, standing there with a deal. And he said, 'Take my hand. Live while you can. Dont' you feel when dreams are right in the palm in of your hand.' In the palm of your hand. In the palm of your of your hand. Just a day, just an ordinary day. Just trying to get by. Just a boy just an ordinary boy but he was looking to the sky."
    Everyone clapped as Joss walked off stage and joined Wade.
    "So she's your girlfriend Wade asked?" Kim asked.
    "Yep," Wade said. Monique and Kim nodded to each other. They could accept their cousins' relationship. But they still stiffened when Joss kissed Wade on the cheek.
    I was just wondering since I was thinking about 'neb dubbing the pairing 'Jade' yesterday. Of course, I then yanked the story because it was horribly written about a year later. 'Neb's signature reminded me of this. Although for some reason I had Wade as Monique's cousin. Season 4 disproved that I guess (The Cupid Effect).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park

  8. #328
    Registered User Full Member GhostWhiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    79

    Congratulations & Thanks

    Best Original Character Name - Deidre "Dee" Lusional - Match Ado About Nothing – MrDrP
    Best Original Character - Grimm Probable – All Things Probable Series – Slyrr
    Best Minor Character – Tara – Mating Games – Campy
    Best Songfic – Over You - Zaratan
    Best Crossover/Fusion – Possibles Of The Caribbean – Twila Starla
    Best K/R – Tunnel Vision – CaptainKodak1
    Best Romance – ilyiw: Christmas with my New Daddy – cpneb
    Best One-Shot – Sweet Dreams - MrDrP
    Best Novel-Sized – Tunnel Vision – CaptainKodak1
    Best Short Story – Legacy – JAKT, Given to mkusenagi2 and Kathleen Ellen Anne O' Connor
    Best Series – All Things Probable series – Slyrr
    Most Voted Writer – Cpneb
    Best Writing Team – The Ronless Factor – Backroads/Zaratan
    Best New Writer – JAKT
    Best Story – Tunnel Vision - CaptainKodak1
    Best Writer - CaptainKodak1
    Just a short note to add my congratulations to all of the Fannie Award winners. The quality of much of the writing on the Kim Possible board at Fanfiction.net is a cut above anything else I have seen out there. To be named as the best amongst this group of peers in any category marks each of you as a writer capable of doing something exceptional.

    I also want to thank Z for his talent under extreme pressure in writing a great show in spite of everything going on in his day to day life at this time.

    Thank you for letting me be a part of it all.

  9. #329
    Registered User Senior Member cpneb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    443
    Ace Ian Combat:

    I'm sorry, but I never found this story when I first started searching for anything on FF.net on Wade and Joss back in July and August of 2006...this could have been an interesting read for me!

    My dubbing the pairing 'Jade' came about in after I published the first chapter of what is now the opening of the JadeKimVerse: BE,S 1: Blue Eyes, Shining (and, since I did win the Fonnie award for Best Self-Promotion, this somehow seems appropriate).
    Somehow, 'Woss' just didn't cut it, and it appeared to me that ships were being defined with ladies, first (old school, I know, but that's me: old school).

    This sounds like an interesting take on the pair; should you not regain interest in working on it, I would be interested in working with you on an idea using the material from the story (A cute little plot bunny ran in front of my car when I came home last night: now, I know why....)

    ...also makes me wonder who looks at the signatures anymore....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post

    That reminds me: How many people remember this, coming out 2 months after StD, from my Turning Over a New Green Leaf?

    The group now turned their attention to the first contestant of the talent show. Kim gasped. Up on stage was her cousin, Joss Possible. Joss started singing. (In the next parts, I'm going to try to get these as accurate as I can.)

    "Just a day, just an ordinary day. Just trying to get by. Just a boy just an ordinary boy but he was looking to the sky. As he asked if I would come along I started to realize that everyday he finds just what he's looking for. Like a shooting star, he shines. And he said, 'Take my hand. Live while you can. Dont' you feel when dreams are right in the palm in of your hand. As he spoke he spoke ordinary words," Ron and Felix noticed that Wade was blushing a deep red, "Though they did not feel, no. For I felt what I had not felt before. You'd swear those words could heal. As I looked up into those eyes," Joss was now staring straight at Wade, who was blushing an even darker red, " his vision mirrors mine. And I know he's no stranger, for I feel I've held him for all of time. And he said, 'Take my hand. Live while you can. Dont' you feel when dreams are right in the palm in of your hand," Joss now stretched her hand out in front of her at Wade, who looked like an overgrown beet, "In the palm of your hand. Please come with me. See what I see. Touch the stars for time will not flee. Time will not flee. Can you see? Just a dream, just an ordinary dream as I wake in bed. And the boy, that ordinary boy, wasn't all in my head. Did he ask if I would come along? It all seemed so real. But as I looked to the door I saw that boy, standing there with a deal. And he said, 'Take my hand. Live while you can. Dont' you feel when dreams are right in the palm in of your hand.' In the palm of your hand. In the palm of your of your hand. Just a day, just an ordinary day. Just trying to get by. Just a boy just an ordinary boy but he was looking to the sky."
    Everyone clapped as Joss walked off stage and joined Wade.
    "So she's your girlfriend Wade asked?" Kim asked.
    "Yep," Wade said. Monique and Kim nodded to each other. They could accept their cousins' relationship. But they still stiffened when Joss kissed Wade on the cheek.
    I was just wondering since I was thinking about 'neb dubbing the pairing 'Jade' yesterday. Of course, I then yanked the story because it was horribly written about a year later. 'Neb's signature reminded me of this. Although for some reason I had Wade as Monique's cousin. Season 4 disproved that I guess (The Cupid Effect).

  10. #330
    Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the United States of America
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by Ran Hakubi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwebs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ran Hakubi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post

    Aw, sorry to here you missed your chance, Ace Ian. I had been wondering why you weren't up there!

    Oh well, glad to hear your grandfather was alright!
    Yeah, me too. I think what upsets me the most was not being there for your moment though. You definitely deserved your award, and I had been eager to see you get yours, savvy?
    LOL! Thanks! You deserved to win as well, it's a shame you didn't.
    Aw, shucks. (I do believe the only time I ever say that is on the Web)Well, considering I was competing against you, fireand'chutes, and other wonderful authors in my two categories, at least it was a good loss IMO.
    Well, there's always next year! And I intend to bring them up a notch this year! I have a fanbase now, after all!
    I hear that. Having three Fannie noms is motivation enough for me to actually try and win one or two next year. I've already got a number of targets in mind. Best Comedy, Best Series, Best Songfic, and Most Unusual Pairing.
    So Ran, who are you gonna pair Rufus up with?
    It could be called best alternate pairing...sorry, my brain is a little frazzled and I can't seem to get it to work write.

    I was actually talking about my Josh Mankey/Shego pairing. Which can be found here:

    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4063378/..._Saw_it_Coming

    As far as Rufus? I gotta stick to my home roots. RuGo through and through.
    Ah, so your Fannie Buster for next year is going to be Josh/Shego, eh? I myself am aiming for at least being nominated next year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •