Say Hi! to New Members Here!..Introductory thread! - Page 15
Global Justice Alliance

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Say Hi! to New Members Here!..Introductory thread!

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Mel works! Much easier to type!

BonnieFanguy
    Hi,

I have some doubts about the profile. Is there an option to change my display name? and is there an option to delete the account? I'm asking this because there are these options on proboards forums.

About me. I'm not here to advertise my website and forum. I'll only post the links of my sites if someone does ask for it. And, I won't talk or use pics of my character, Bonnie.

About the KP DVDs. I know the KP season 1 DVD box was already released in Europe and season 2 will be release next month there. Does someone know when they will release (or not) the DVD box of the KP seasons in the others parts of the World?

Note. The DVD 'The Villains Files' of the Region 2 doesn't have as bonus the episode 'Showdown at the Crooked D'.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfg View Post
    Hi,

I have some doubts about the profile. Is there an option to change my display name? and is there an option to delete the account? I'm asking this because there are these options on proboards forums.

About me. I'm not here to advertise my website and forum. I'll only post the links of my sites if someone does ask for it. And, I won't talk or use pics of my character, Bonnie.

About the KP DVDs. I know the KP season 1 DVD box was already released in Europe and season 2 will be release next month there. Does someone know when they will release (or not) the DVD box of the KP seasons in the others parts of the World?

Note. The DVD 'The Villains Files' of the Region 2 doesn't have as bonus the episode 'Showdown at the Crooked D'.
    There is no option to change your name or delete your account on the bare bones vBulletin software we use here. However, these are options that are easily added on from modifications listed on the vBulletin website page. We just haven't found the need to add them into this forum. It's easy enough for that request to be done through an admin. But if there is a request for such features (or others), the governing members will consider it.

Also, you are free to talk moderately about your website and forum if you like, where you think it's appropriate, and are free to talk about or use pictures of your character, Bonnie. She is a valid KP topic, after all, but I appreciate your courtesy.
    "Say the Word"

Who doesn't like to look at pictures of Bonnie?

As for DVD releases, as far as I know there are no plans for releases in this part of the world.

We have a member whose wife knows a Disney exec, so if there's any change we might get a head's-up.

EDIT: Welcome again, BonnieFanguy! (formerly bfg)

BonnieFanguy
    To jeriddian. Thanks for the information.

To campy. You are member of a forum with Bonnie art, you can check it there.
    Ok, thanks. I'd like a good explanation for only releasing in Europe. Are the KP DVD Box in fullscreen (it should be in widescreen)?

Sorry if I'm being off topic.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieFanguy View Post
    To jeriddian. Thanks for the information.

To campy. You are member of a forum with Bonnie art, you can check it there.
    Ok, thanks. I'd like a good explanation for only releasing in Europe. Are the KP DVD Box in fullscreen (it should be in widescreen)?

Sorry if I'm being off topic.
    We've gone off topic before as long as we make it short and get back on quickly. I'll explain this here and then any further questions should shift over as a new topic in the KP forum.

As you may know, KP appears to be more popular in Germany than it is here in the US. With all due respect to elvisjj, I feel a large part of the reason season four came about was because of the German Syndication deal which was aimed at taking advantage of that better popularity. That's simply because money talks.

My feeling is that Disney and the German syndicate company felt that the risks of making a decent profit selling the box sets in Europe were worth taking, but not elsewhere where popularity of the series is not as strong outside Region 2. Whether or not that's the case is not at issue, I think, because that seems to be what those two outfits are thinking. As such, it would seem they thought it not necessary to market the DVD's anywhere else but in Region 2. I grant it's speculation to a degree, but it's logical. And of course, they are still going to use the region system to combat piracy. So we are stuck with region 2 disks.

However, there are ways around it. All DVD players have secret codes that enable you to change the region disks that they can play. There are lists out there that will give you those codes. The down side is that you can only change the code four times, and then it will freeze on whatever the last code change is, and that DVD player will only play that region from then on, period. Some people have taken to buying a second DVD player and setting it for region 2 disks and leaving it that way.

My solution is that I watch my box set DVD's on the computer, not my TV screen. (of course, I have a 30" Apple Cinema Display, so it's just as good as TV), and I use a program called DVDGhost ($39.95). This program lets your computer DVD player play any region DVD at any time permanently. There are some other similar programs out there, but they aren't free as far as I can tell.

Also, the box sets are only in full screen, not wide screen. Although KP was produced in full 1080i format, it was rendered down to SD format for all markets with the exception of Australia, I believe, because they had apparently made the switch to digital transmission ahead of other countries, and so the Australians got the benefit of the HD version of KP.

I may be a little fuzzy on the details, but I think this is correct.
    "Say the Word"

No offence taken jeriddian especially when your completely RIGHT! Right on target there jeriddian and that's why the DVD's were released in Germany first over a North American release which is mostly unheard of, seeing North America is suppose to get everything first. But again we're going off topic but this is a topic we should talk about and I'm keen in creating it unless you'd like too. Cause the topic involves the very people who helped us get Season Four and that is Super RTL.

And again this site is really starting to grow with new members keep it up gang, as there's a link to this site at RS.net as well.

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    I'd like to extend a welcome to our newest member, Gagala!
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar
    Indeed. Welcome to the site, Gagala. Based on your first post (since deleted) I'm sure it'll be a . . . interesting time.

Welcome to the GJA, Gagala!