Original Work Thread
Global Justice Alliance

Thread: Original Work Thread

Registered User Junior Member Ultimate Naco Topping's Avatar

Original Work Thread

Okay, I didn't see any threads in the archives like this so I thought I'd start one. And rather than just making it my own work, I'd like it to be open for everyone. So, feel free to post any original art, videos, stories, etc. you want to share. Here's a couple of my short films I've written and directed this year:

This one was shot back in February and was the deadCenter Film Festival in Oklahoma City this past June:

Extras...

More recently completed:

Three Little Words

(and yes, I also play the bartender)

Enjoy!

I've been doing a lot of writing outside of KP. I quit writing fanfiction because I didn't like being limited to someone else's characters/setting, plus it didn't allow for kind of writing I wanted to do. (I intend no disrespect for fanfiction writers—I still read your stuff. )

I'll link to some of my favorite pieces on deviantART.

Killing Flies — A short allegorical piece.
    Where the Black Stars Hang — A longish (>1700 words) horror piece written for a contest (which hasn't been judged yet).
    Candles — A short semi-romantic (read: not romantic) piece.
    Godeater — A short, spooky piece with a somewhat mythic quality that I wrote for a contest. I won third place.

(Board-Required Warning: random browsing on deviantART may lead one to mature content, although the linked stories do not contain such content.)

Ultimate Naco Topping: I'm going to watch your films, but later. Can't wait.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Sounds good, guys,

This thread can be like the Fan Art and Fan Fiction thread for KP, but this will be for Non-KP work. Thanks for the appropriate warnings on the links where needed.
    "Say the Word"

Those are pretty clever, Naco Topping. I especially like the irony of the ending of Three Little Words. I'd have probably been able to come up with a witty answer to that woman's statement, but I'd probably have flubbed it or been tongue-tied. :P

Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Not The CrimpMaster View Post
    Those are pretty clever, Naco Topping. I especially like the irony of the ending of Three Little Words. I'd have probably been able to come up with a witty answer to that woman's statement, but I'd probably have flubbed it or been tongue-tied. :P

Good work.
    Thanks. Unlike Ron, I relish irony. But I don't relish relish... Ironic.

Also, I've found a new site to host videos called Vimeo.com. It's like YouTube only for content creators and filmmakers with a great community and receptive site administrators. And the best part? High Definition streaming! Take a gander:

HD Version

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Is deviantART the only place to post original fiction, or are there other sites we can use? I have a completed short-short story (less than 1,000 words) that I'd like to post and share with you.
    It's an original work, too; not a fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Is deviantART the only place to post original fiction, or are there other sites we can use? I have a completed short-short story (less than 1,000 words) that I'd like to post and share with you.
    Try Fictionpress.com, Fanfiction.com's sister site.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Just a reminder to what I've said in the past, I am working on a database system for posting Fan Fiction here on the Main Page of the GJA. I'm sure we'll be able to include a section for Non-KP fiction as well. But it will be a little while before we can do that.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Naco Topping View Post
    Thanks, Naco T.! I'll pop over there and have a look at their site before I post my tale.

Registered User Senior Member cpneb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Naco Topping View Post
    Thanks, Naco T.! I'll pop over there and have a look at their site before I post my tale.
    I'll second the FictionPress.com site, TWD. I have original Science Fiction and poetry over there under my cpneb penname, as well.

One thing onf which you shuld be aware, however. Don't expect the hit-count or review numbers of a KP FanFiction story: writing there (ff dot net/kp), you get spoiled, real fast. This will put you back into reality very quickly!