Which browser do you use?
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which browser do you use?

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar

Which browser do you use?

In the process of reworking the transcript pages, I discovered that they look great in Internet Explorer, however, In Mozilla Firefox, the graphics at the top of the page are off. Firefox has this problem in that they handle graphics in tables differently than IE does, and this is a problem across all web sites. Firefox users seem to be used to seeing a lot of web sites in which the graphics are just off. My understanding is that the Firefox people have responded that they aren't going to fix the problem and that people are just going to have deal with it. I am in the process of starting to go back and fix the HTML code so that the pages look good in both browsers. I was just curious as to which browser people use.
    "Say the Word"

I use Firefox but I haven't noticed anything wrong with the graphics. I see the GJA-KP banner on top. It's left justified instead of being centered -- is that what you mean?
    Why is everyone who drives slower than me an idiot, and everyone who drives faster a maniac?

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Funny, I remember a topic exactly like this on ARA. Phil and others usually liked to tear IE to shreds.

As for me, I'm running IE... *checks version*.... not sure. It doesn't say. I'm using it mainly because it already comes preinstalled on my school laptop and our PC.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

I use Firefox as well, and haven't noticed much off but, then again, I've only used Internet Explorer a handful of times.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

I'm not talking about the forum pages here. VBulletin has made it compatible with all of the browsers.

Go to the Main Page (www.globaljusticealliance.com) and click on the "Transcripts" button. The first page will be okay, and if you click on the episode "Crush", that transcript page will be okay in Firefox, because that's the one we fixed as a test case. However, any other transcript page will be off in Firefox, because the picture graphic will appear above the main top graphic and to the right instead of beside it. I'll be fixing that in the next few days or so.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I use Firefox, and I see what you mean about the pictures. I doubt I would have noticed the problem if you hadn't mentioned it, though.

Registered User Full Member GhostWhiter's Avatar
    I use Firefox with the NoSript and SiteAdvisor extensions in both XP and Ubuntu Linux.
    Firefox has this problem in that they handle graphics in tables differently than IE does...My understanding is that the Firefox people have responded that they aren't going to fix the problem
    The designers of Firefox have refused to support additional "standards" adopted by Microsoft that cannot be used on other Operating Systems (OS X or Linux) and that do not comply with W3C web standards. This stance helps ensure that a website will look the same in Firefox whether it is viewed in Firefox under Windows, Linux or OS X.

I use Firefox. Microsoft stopped supporting IE for Mac OS X (my operating system) a while ago, and Safari (Apple's browser) lacks customizability that I would prefer. Besides, I'm running an old version of OS X (10.2, latest is 10.5) and the latest version of Safari that will run on it is painfully slow. (Newer versions are much faster.)

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    I use Firefox v2.0.0.9, and the only thing I've noticed on this site is that when I go to reply, the entry field is shifted over, like so: http://home.earthlink.net/~kyojikass...screencap1.png

I've actually run into problems with IE 7 because of so many changes they made that resulted in some sites geared toward IE 6 not being fully compatible.

I kind of figured there were a good number of Firefox users here. Then it's good I fix this. I'll be sure and check ther other pages I do for compatability with Firefox.
    "Say the Word"