Which browser do you use? - Page 2
Global Justice Alliance

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which browser do you use?

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    BTW, I also have Opera 9.24 on my computer. I started it up and noticed it handles the transcript page images correctly.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I use the latest version of Firefox as my browser. That way, I can avoid the pop-up ads known to plague IE. Man, I hate those...

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    I use the latest version of Firefox as my browser. That way, I can avoid the pop-up ads known to plague IE. Man, I hate those...
    As an aside, what also annoys me are websites that *require* me to accept cookies in order to use or access them. Ugh.
    Why is everyone who drives slower than me an idiot, and everyone who drives faster a maniac?

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck31003 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    As an aside, what also annoys me are websites that *require* me to accept cookies in order to use or access them. Ugh.
    You can safely delete cookies when you use the Disk Cleanup system tool in your Accessories menu (that is, if you use a PC. I'm not sure what it's called on a Mac). You just have to use Disk Cleanup on a regular basis.

You can safely delete cookies when you use the Disk Cleanup system tool in your Accessories menu (that is, if you use a PC. I'm not sure what it's called on a Mac). You just have to use Disk Cleanup on a regular basis.
    Yeah, I either do that or I just delete the appropriate cookies manually once I'm done with the site. What bugs me is the principal of the thing -- I don't think I should have to go through that extra step to prevent someone from storing their stuff on my computer.

Anywhoo, another thing I like about Firefox is the ability to accept cookies only for the session -- a feature that the last time I looked IE doesn't have.
    Why is everyone who drives slower than me an idiot, and everyone who drives faster a maniac?

I'm a long-time FireFox user, and problem graphics don't bother me since I block a lot of stuff with AdBlock (like the main banner for this site since I don't constantly need to see it)

The Kim & Ron Fundamentalist

Registered User Senior Member MrDrP's Avatar
    Firefox for me.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Well, I've gone thorugh and fixed the transcript pasges for their appearance on Firefox, adn they should appear the same way they do on IE. I still have to fix the top graphic a little bit, but it's a minor change that's almost unnoticeable. It seems that a majority of folk here seem to prefer Firefox, so I have to be careful that all future work on the main page will appear correctly on it.
    "Say the Word"

Despite the glitches, I far prefer Firefox to IE, mainly because I can block scripts and I get very little spyware. With IE, I'd run Adaware almost daily, removing dozens of cookies and such. Now I run once a month and rarely have more than 5 or 6. The only thing I have to use IE for is my work website (which, for some odd reason, prevents the use of other browsers)

The Kim & Ron Fundamentalist

Registered User Junior Member Ultimate Naco Topping's Avatar
    I'm on Macs at both home and school. I use Firefox as my main browser because I like to change the skins and the pop-up blocking is great. But I use Safari when I need to do back door downloading.