All Things KP - Merchandise and Memorabilia - Page 7
Global Justice Alliance

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things KP - Merchandise and Memorabilia

Registered User Veteran Member Ace Ian Combat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Well, now that the Christmas sales are over, all the stores are really pushing the Valentine's Day stuff - especially the cards for kids based on TV shows, movies, or current topics of interest. I've seen a card set based on the Disney pic "Rattatouie," as well as a "Hannah Montana" set. I've also found the boxed sets of "Kim Possible" cards once again - a set of 32 fold & seal cards with heart-shaped seals in each box. But I'm still looking for the KP "Flashy Foil" valentines, which I can't seem to find anywhere...
    Do you know how long I spent looking the other day for either one of those? I've been trying with no luck for a couple of years now. I'm glad you managed to find some then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    Well, now that the Christmas sales are over, all the stores are really pushing the Valentine's Day stuff - especially the cards for kids based on TV shows, movies, or current topics of interest. I've seen a card set based on the Disney pic "Rattatouie," as well as a "Hannah Montana" set. I've also found the boxed sets of "Kim Possible" cards once again - a set of 32 fold & seal cards with heart-shaped seals in each box. But I'm still looking for the KP "Flashy Foil" valentines, which I can't seem to find anywhere...
    Do you know how long I spent looking the other day for either one of those? I've been trying with no luck for a couple of years now. I'm glad you managed to find some then.
    My sister used the foil ones in her class a few years ago, but I haven't seen any KP valentines since...
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Does Walgreen's have stores in your area? If so, check there... I saw the non-foil KP valentines in my local Walgreen's, on sale for $1.99 a box. They're stocked in a pinkish-red cardboard display box, in the same aisle as all the other Valentine's Day gifts and candies. The KP valentines are mixed in with boxes of other kid show and movie-related Valentine's cards, like I described in my previous post. Good luck and happy hunting!

Registered User Veteran Member Ace Ian Combat's Avatar
    Does Walgreen's have stores in your area? If so, check there... I saw the non-foil KP valentines in my local Walgreen's, on sale for $1.99 a box. They're stocked in a pinkish-red cardboard display box, in the same aisle as all the other Valentine's Day gifts and candies. The KP valentines are mixed in with boxes of other kid show and movie-related Valentine's cards, like I described in my previous post. Good luck and happy hunting!
    Walgreen's usually seems to have K.P. stuff, so I'll look there if I get a chance. Thanks for the tip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park

Registered User Full Member KimforHim's Avatar
    There's always ebay, as well. I've seen several auctions come up recently for KP Valentine cards, but am not sure what type they were. Old and new KP stuff constantly flows through that website. You may want to check there, Ace Ian Combat.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Walgreen's usually seems to have K.P. stuff, so I'll look there if I get a chance. Thanks for the tip.
    You're welcome! Glad I could help!

Registered User Junior Member Darth_Comrade's Avatar
    You know once those box sets start coming out in Region 1 I think we'll be seeing far better things in the future.

GrandpaRD over at RS.net stated that he was contacted by a Disney official, who was complaining about us contacting a lot of people who have nothing to do with KP. According to RD, he said that we are making an impact, and for us that means things are looking bright.

RD was never hopeful before about the Fight For Five, and even resigned at one point, I don't know what was said in that phone conversation, but suddenly his posts have shown a lot of enthusiasm!

They key is success in two areas at the moment:

EPCOT, where the unveiling of the new Kim Possible adventure thing is going to happen soon.

And KP DVD Season 1 Boxsets, which are being released in Germany this summer.

We need to promote these two if we're ever gonna see merchandising and a fifth season.

You'll find RD's post here:
    http://ronstoppable.proboards89.com/...ead=1201230637
    Fight For Five:

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    I tend to be skeptical of this sort of thing until I see the press release/One of the KP crew confirms it. RS.net did this whole hoopla back in 2005 ("Big News," anyone?), and I'll be damned if we're going to be dragged right back through it again. Yes, there was eventually an S4, but the two yes/no camps beforehand and the resulting wild speculation really created some acrimony.

Yeah, gotta say that it was a distinct pleasure to be contacted by this individual and let us know that our efforts with snail mail and our e-mail are having a definite effect on people at Disney.
    That, or your efforts are just tweaking people off. I'm not sure how that conclusion was drawn from a request to stop flooding those people's inboxes.

We already knew about the Epcot project; it'll be interesting to see how that turns out. I'm hopeful that it might have some effect too, but I prefer to get some hard stats in hand before hyping myself up over it.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Comrade View Post
    You know once those box sets start coming out in Region 1 I think we'll be seeing far better things in the future.

GrandpaRD over at RS.net stated that he was contacted by a Disney official, who was complaining about us contacting a lot of people who have nothing to do with KP. According to RD, he said that we are making an impact, and for us that means things are looking bright.

RD was never hopeful before about the Fight For Five, and even resigned at one point, I don't know what was said in that phone conversation, but suddenly his posts have shown a lot of enthusiasm!

They key is success in two areas at the moment:

EPCOT, where the unveiling of the new Kim Possible adventure thing is going to happen soon.

And KP DVD Season 1 Boxsets, which are being released in Germany this summer.

We need to promote these two if we're ever gonna see merchandising and a fifth season.

You'll find RD's post here:
    http://ronstoppable.proboards89.com/...ead=1201230637
    I find nothing in Grandpa's post to suggest any kind of a bright future for the renewal of the series. It says nothing except that you are annoying the hell out of a good number of people at Disney. This is not going to support the Fight For Five movement, and if anything will actually hurt FFF's intentions. For all of the bluster that RSnet has made about thinking that they actually convinced Disney to changed their minds and commission the twenty two episodes of Season Four, it simply is not the case. The one thing that made Disney do it was money, pure and simple. It was the money that they recieved in the syndication deal with the German televsion network in which part of the deal was the extra episodes.

And yes, I know that Loter and company gave all the credit to the fans and said that they were defintely the main factor in getting the renewal for season four. But what you simply cannot see is that they are not going to say otherwise. No employee of Disney in that situation is ever going to come out and say the fans made no difference in the popularity of one of their series. Even though the fans actually made very little, if any difference, Loter and company aren't going to say that publicly. They are going to say that you did make the difference, even though it isn't true, because you are the fans, and the cardinal rule is that you don't anger the fans when you think it will increase revenue. Even in the last chat on RSnet they referred indirectly that the syndication deal was the real reason, that there simply wasn't enough fan support, and still the RSnet people still didn't see it.

PS: I mean no disrespect, Darth. I applaud your dedication and the commitment that the FFF people demonstrate in their goal of getting KP renewed. I do not belittle your efforts, but I do believe that FFF simply is not taking a realistic view of the situation.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Senior Member MrDrP's Avatar

KP S4 renewal

Mark McCorkle said the German syndication deal was what gave KP its fourth season. So, if any fans are going to be credited with getting us those 22 extra episodes, it should be our fellow Kim Possible fans in Deutschland.