Global Justice Alliance

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things KP - Merchandise and Memorabilia

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KimforHim View Post
    Here's some more auctions from ebay that finished up recently:

The small KP snow globe:
    This brings to mind Weird Al's "I Bought it on eBay" song.

"...A rare... mint snow-globe..."

$67.25?!??
    Now I'm glad I bought mine at the Disney Store when I did! I think I paid $8.25 for mine...it was under ten bucks, anyway. :P
    EDIT: Does anyone else have the six buildable KP figures from Tomy? If so, did you need any glue to join the two halves of each figure together, or will they hold together without adhesives of any kind? I'd like to know before I try to build mine, so I don't ruin them with the wrong kind of glue.

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    BTW, I did decide to go ahead and pick up that German S1 release off of Amazon.de, myself... and it looks like it's shipped today! I got an e-mail with a UPS tracking number, and the expected delivery date is Friday, March 7th!

We shall see how this turns out....

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post

The small KP snow globe:

$67.25?!??
    Now I'm glad I bought mine at the Disney Store when I did! I think I paid $8.25 for mine...it was under ten bucks, anyway. :P
    EDIT: Does anyone else have the six buildable KP figures from Tomy? If so, did you need any glue to join the two halves of each figure together, or will they hold together without adhesives of any kind? I'd like to know before I try to build mine, so I don't ruin them with the wrong kind of glue.
    if you are talking about the 40mm figurines (I got mine out of a machine in a Safeway in Vancouver, WA for a buck, Drakken, Ron, Shego, Rufus, Kim, mission clothes, Kim, blue capris and crop top), they hold together by friction, no glue needed.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post

The small KP snow globe:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=007

$67.25?!??
    if you are talking about the 40mm figurines (I got mine out of a machine in a Safeway in Vancouver, WA for a buck, Drakken, Ron, Shego, Rufus, Kim, mission clothes, Kim, blue capris and crop top), they hold together by friction, no glue needed.
    "Snap-together," huh? OK, thanks, lunchmeat. That's good to know.

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Actually, I was pretty happy just the other day, as I had gotten four of those figures back in '06 (a vending machine at a Kroger in Garden City had them), but when I moved in January '07, I thought I'd lost the computer "stand" for Rufus. Going through stuff looking for something else entirely, I managed to findthe stand! So, now, Rufus has something to stand on, and can stand next to Mission Kim, Shego, and Ron on my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Actually, I was pretty happy just the other day, as I had gotten four of those figures back in '06 (a vending machine at a Kroger in Garden City had them), but when I moved in January '07, I thought I'd lost the computer "stand" for Rufus. Going through stuff looking for something else entirely, I managed to find the stand! So, now, Rufus has something to stand on, and can stand next to Mission Kim, Shego, and Ron on my desktop.
    Glad you found it, Rob!
    (And I imagine Rufus was happy, too... :P)
    I've got to put my figurines together, although I don't know where I'm going to display them. I might have to pack something away to make room for them (on top of either my computer monitor, or my carousel CD player).

I put my figurines together, but I found I had to use glue on three of them because the pegs fit into their sockets too loosely. Drakken, Kim in her school clothes, and Rufus each required a little glue to hold them firmly together. I used a glue called "Aileen's Tacky Glue" to join them. It comes out white like Elmer's Glue, but dries clear. It also holds a lot better (and joins more different surfaces) than Elmer's does. And it's less permanent - and less risky - than Krazy Glue (I'm not too fond of gluing my fingers together).
    Kim in her mission clothes, Ron cringing, and Shego all went together without needing any glue.
    BTW, I just love the pose Ron's in, and the expression on his face. If that isn't in keeping with his character, someone please tell me what is!

A couple of months ago, I picked up a lot of around 80 of the KP vending machine Ganja Balls on eBay. A mixed lot of the "buildables" and "danglies". I should have enough to last me a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good for you, ncnu!
    I put my "buildables" on display on top of my computer monitor. I have a level shelf I have up there for putting things, and I just cleaned off all the clutter that had been accumulating there over the last few years.
    The "buildables" are slightly smaller than the figurines in the 8-piece playset, which I have displayed on top of my carousel CD player. I noticed, however, that Drakken's figure strikes the same pose in each set. Maybe all that the sculptors for each manufacturer had to work on was the one drawing of Dr. D.?

Today at work, I got to thinking about the size difference between my "buildable" KP figures, and the ones in the 8-piece Disney Store playset. I just measured them, and the tallest of the buildables, the Drakken figure, is 2 1/2" from the bottom of his base to the top of the hair on his head (it stands up a little). The tallest figure in the DS playset, again the Drakken figure, measures 3 1/8" tall - from the soles of his feet (no base on this figure) to the top of his hair. The next-tallest figures in the playset are the two Kim figures (mission clothes and cheer squad). Both are just about 3" tall.