Fan Art - Page 41
Global Justice Alliance

Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Art

Registered User Veteran Member hrodwulf123's Avatar

I've got the idea for this while watching music video of Muse's song "Knights of Cydonia". The music video itself looks like a spaghetti western that takes place in what could be terraformed Mars (Cydonia is a region on Mars that's widely known for that mesa which looks like a face when viewed from above and a mountain which looks like a 5-sided pyramid).
    Now, Tara is dressed like the main female character in that video, princess Shane Kuriyami which is also a curly blonde.

I tried to re-create the look and feel of Martian surface as a background.

Kim Possible and Tara are (c) by Disney
    Knights of Cydonia (c) by Muse.

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar

Smile

Joss Possible as a Catholic schoolgirl:

(deviantART page - full-size pic available there)

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNaco View Post
    Joss Possible as a Catholic schoolgirl:

(deviantART page - full-size pic available there)
    Wow, Kentucky Fried Movie flashback.....
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Question

Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post

I'm afraid I don't get the reference...

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post

I'm afraid I don't get the reference...
    Probably just as well, it's a satiric ensemble comedy film from the 70s. The outfit also reminds of what a couple of friends showed up in for dates a few times, it was a style among college girls for a while. The girls, themselves were a bit different, though, one is a tall, athletic blonde and the other looks iike a short version of Bonnie with dark red brown hair. The dates were memorable and left a favorable impression of the Catholic high school girl style.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    The art is good. Double 'N', but I must say that I would have a difficult time seeing Jos as being Catholic.
    "Say the Word"

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    The art is good. Double 'N', but I must say that I would have a difficult time seeing Jos as being Catholic.
    I wasn't trying to stir up a religious debate here. While, admittedly, I do like to think of the Possible family as Catholic, there are quite a few non-Catholics who go to Catholic schools. If you're referring to the "Catholic schoolgirl" in the title, I was not neccessarily referring to Joss' religious affiliation, but rather to the fact that, in whatever universe the picture takes place in, she is attending a Catholic high school (and subsequently wears said school's uniform.)

Now, if you're claiming that Joss' fangirl obssession with Kim (and later Ron) in "Crooked D" bordered on (and/or was in fact) idolatry, then, well, you might have a point there.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I wasn't trying to stir up a religious debate here. While, admittedly, I do like to think of the Possible family as Catholic, there are quite a few non-Catholics who go to Catholic schools. If you're referring to the "Catholic schoolgirl" in the title, I was not neccessarily referring to Joss' religious affiliation, but rather to the fact that, in whatever universe the picture takes place in, she is attending a Catholic high school (and subsequently wears said school's uniform.)

Now, if you're claiming that Joss' fangirl obssession with Kim (and later Ron) in "Crooked D" bordered on (and/or was in fact) idolatry, then, well, you might have a point there.
    No, no religious debate here, Double 'N'. And Heaven forbid, no idolatry either. :P I don't object to her being Catholic. My consideration is that she's from Montana, part of the Western ranch culture, has a strong Western accent and jargon, which makes it more likely she would be of a Protestant faith rather than Catholic, although I admit it doesn't rule out the possibility.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

No, no religious debate here, Double 'N'. And Heaven forbid, no idolatry either. :P I don't object to her being Catholic. My consideration is that she's from Montana, part of the Western ranch culture, has a strong Western accent and jargon, which makes it more likely she would be of a Protestant faith rather than Catholic, although I admit it doesn't rule out the possibility.
    Yeah, I've always seen the Possible family as Protestants myself - mostly because I'm a Protestant. But hey, that's just me....

Honestly, I've ruled the current Possible family as tokenly religious at most, and then some sort of Protestant denomination since that's the predominant one in America. Mostly a result of two scientist parents who would probably not espouse Creationism to their kids seriously, Kim's cross-global jaunts has her see so many different cultures that she's pretty skeptical that any single one creed is completely true, and the Tweebs are pretty dang close to mad scientists.

I mean, we don't see any major indications of it and the only thing you really have to argue with is "they celebrate Christmas". Which is not saying much in America where that holiday is sort of the detault for most Americans, even those who aren't religious, due to cultural inertia. Now, I can buy Nana being one of the more religious in the family just from a generational thing, and some intertia for the generation of Kim/Joss' parents, but I can easily see Kim/the Tweebs/Joss not being as much as their parents.

Mind, this is my opinion of it. You can make some good arguments in multiple directions. But, that's something for another thread, I think, if we want to take this convo and extend it.

PS: Well done on the pic, NN.