Commercials Page - Page 2
Global Justice Alliance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commercials Page

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Looks like a great resource. Too bad none of the .avi's will play on my system.
    I wondered if that might be a problem. The AVI files are in MPEG-4 format, so I know some older software players cannot play them, although Windows Media Player does play them. I think the MAC standard video player should be able to play them too. You'll have to find a player that will play them, but they should be out there as free software.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Full Member GhostWhiter's Avatar
    You could try the free VLC media player for Windows. All 3 of the commercials I downloaded played on mine (after I clicked through an error message) and I don't even have the latest version.

Google it or download it here: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostWhiter View Post
    You could try the free VLC media player for Windows. All 3 of the commercials I downloaded played on mine (after I clicked through an error message) and I don't even have the latest version.

Google it or download it here: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
    I have VLC. The player menu bar leaves something to be desired (it's counterintutitve; the slider/player bar is on the bottom, but the control buttons run across the top, and I can't figure out how to switch the control bar to the bottom.) In addition, the fast-forward/rewind buttons don't seem to like to stop, and so far I haven't seen any frame-by-frame viewing capacity. (One reason I use QuickTime. Quicktime is for frame-by-frame and KP episodes, WMP for normal viewing, and VLC for anything that won't play in QT or WMP.)

You could try downloading DivX, too.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Full Member GhostWhiter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostWhiter View Post

I have VLC. The player menu bar leaves something to be desired (it's counterintutitve; the slider/player bar is on the bottom, but the control buttons run across the top, and I can't figure out how to switch the control bar to the bottom.) In addition, the fast-forward/rewind buttons don't seem to like to stop, and so far I haven't seen any frame-by-frame viewing capacity. (One reason I use QuickTime. Quicktime is for frame-by-frame and KP episodes, WMP for normal viewing, and VLC for anything that won't play in QT or WMP.)

You could try downloading DivX, too.
    But for a simple download that doesn't take over your computer (like WMP 11) to play nearly any video you can throw at it from end to end (which is what most users are looking to do), I find VLC hard to beat. You can even get a portable version that you run in Windows from a USB data key.

Of course, the other option may be that the reason campy can't play the videos is because he doesn't have the MPEG-4 codecs installed either. That might be all that's needed. I'll have to look those up when I get the chance.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Regular Member wallaceb's Avatar
    i have all the season 4 promos on my youtube page and i have the AVI's on the KPFW server if you want them
    KPFW Admin

Thanks, WallaceB,

When I get a chance, I'll look them over.
    "Say the Word"