Have you noticed how Ned's mellowed?
Global Justice Alliance

Thread: Have you noticed how Ned's mellowed?

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Have you noticed how Ned's mellowed?

A thought just occurred to me today: Ned, the assistant manager at the local Bueno Nacho, has mellowed considerably since we first met him in the episode "Bueno Nacho." As you'll recall, as Kim and Ron's boss, Ned acted every bit the overzealous petty dictator - letting the authority he had over them go to his head. Over the course of the series, though, his attitude's changed - he's become more sociable to the point where he greets Ron like an old friend whenever Ron comes into the restaurant (in "Grande Size Me," he even offers Ron one of the new salads BN was selling), and greets Kim warmly when she and Cousin Larry find him in the comic book shop about to play a role-playing game ("Larry's Birthday").
    Could it be Ned's being friendly to Kim and Ron simply because he's no longer their boss? Or is he actually maturing as time goes on?

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I think it's a combination of both, myself.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    ... (in "Grande Size Me," he even offers Ron one of the new salads BN was selling), ...
    Could it be Ned's being friendly to Kim and Ron simply because he's no longer their boss? Or is he actually maturing as time goes on?
    I'm not sure GSM means anything. Corporate probably sent out a memo ordering all team members to push the salads.

It would be nice to think some male got more mature during KP's run.

Registered User Veteran Member Ace Ian Combat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    It would be nice to think some male got more mature during KP's run.
    Besides Brick? :P Actually, we didn't see Brick mature per se, it was merely implied by him no longer wanting anything to do with Bonnie.

But you're right; I can't think of any male that did mature.

EDIT: I think Ned did some, and maybe Larry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    Besides Brick? :P Actually, we didn't see Brick mature per se, it was merely implied by him no longer wanting anything to do with Bonnie.
    The mere fact that he did break up with Bonnie is a step forward in itself. It also implies that Brick is learning to think more for himself, and will not allow himself to be manipulated any longer - especially by someone as pushy as Bonnie. He even referred to her as "the mean girl" in his phone conversation with Ron in "Homecoming Upset."
    Even though it happened off-screen, it's still character growth, and is a step toward maturity, IMHO.