Has KP Affected Your Speech Patterns, Too?
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has KP Affected Your Speech Patterns, Too?

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Has KP Affected Your Speech Patterns, Too?

Since watching "Kim Possible," I've found myself using catchphrases from the show in my everyday conversation - for instance, if someone asks me if I want something, I usually respond with, "Please and thank you!" If I succeed in doing something, I exclaim, "Boo-yah!" (Quietly, of course...) I've even found myself using Kim's standards, "No big," and "So not the drama" from time to time.
    I've even picked up phrases from other Disney Channel shows - when I get annoyed by something, I've actually used a phrase Miley Cyrus has uttered under similar circumstances on "Hannah Montana" - "Oh, sweet niblets!"
    Has anyone else found themselves using KP-talk on a daily basis? If so, what phrases; and where or when?

Registered User Veteran Member Ace Ian Combat's Avatar
    With the great dialogue Kim Possible has, it's kind of hard not to take parts of K.P. speech and use it as my own. I use the 'please and thank you', 'no big', 'badical', 'bon-diggety', 'hoosha', 'what's the sitch' on occasion. 'Booyah' is a must as well. A.P. and my favorite part of K.P. speech to use is Shego's line "Woo hoo. Extra hoo.", usually when our other two friends try to get us to wear makeup or get boyfriends. 'As if' is a favorite of mine too. I'm sure there are others I use, but you get the idea.

In situations like Miley usually has where she uses 'sweet niblets', for some reason I use stuff I've made up, such as 'demon nacos', 'cripes', or 'glory'. Don't know why though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    With the great dialogue Kim Possible has, it's kind of hard not to take parts of K.P. speech and use it as my own. I use the 'please and thank you', 'no big', 'badical', 'bon-diggety', 'hoosha', 'what's the sitch' on occasion. 'Booyah' is a must as well. A.P. and my favorite part of K.P. speech to use is Shego's line "Woo hoo. Extra hoo.", usually when our other two friends try to get us to wear makeup or get boyfriends. 'As if' is a favorite of mine too. I'm sure there are others I use, but you get the idea.

In situations like Miley usually has where she uses 'sweet niblets', for some reason I use stuff I've made up, such as 'demon nacos', 'cripes', or 'glory'. Don't know why though.

"Demon nacos"... I like that!
    I've used "Woo hoo..extra hoo" myself on occasion, and I've also caught myself referring to chocolate milk as "cocoa-moo."
    (Just remembered those last two...thanks for reminding me, Ace!)

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post

I've used "Woo hoo..extra hoo" myself on occasion, and I've also caught myself referring to chocolate milk as "cocoa-moo."
    I could never bring myself to use "cocoa-moo" or "doodles" myself. Lupe uses 'seriously' a lot 'cause he likes Motor Ed. Seriously. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post

I could never bring myself to use "cocoa-moo" or "doodles" myself. Lupe uses 'seriously' a lot 'cause he likes Motor Ed. Seriously. :P
    I don't use 'seriously', but my mom and dad do. :P

I use 'so not the drama', 'no big', 'hicka-bicka-boo', 'hoosha', 'badical', and 'sitch' a lot, and boy do I quote KP well!

Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    I don't use 'seriously', but my mom and dad do. :P

I use 'so not the drama', 'no big', 'hicka-bicka-boo', 'hoosha', 'badical', and 'sitch' a lot, and boy do I quote KP well!
    Yeah, I quote KP quite a lot. Usually it ends up with people thinking I said something profound until I laugh then realize nobody else gets the hidden joke.

Though how anybody could ever think "Aiee! Giant monkey!" was profound is still beyond me.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Not me so much as my fishing buddy, who has taken to saying booyah over the last several years. No, he doesn't look remotely like Ronm although they're both skinny.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    I've picked up on "No big," and "What's the sitch?" most notably. "Booyah and "Woo hoo... extra hoo" come up a little less often.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

I've used "Woo hoo... extra hoo" perhaps far too much in my daily speak. Oh, and sugarfoot is the best replacement for swearing ever. Of course people will stare at you a long time if they hear you say it. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    Oh, and sugarfoot is the best replacement for swearing ever.
    I don't know, I'm partial to "Oh, frackle" myself. :P