Do you think Kim will try out for the college cheer squad?
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think Kim will try out for the college cheer squad?

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Do you think Kim will try out for the college cheer squad?

This may seem like a dumb question, but, like the title says, I found myself wondering if Kim would try out for the cheerleader squad of whatever college she finally attends (if it's in the US, of course; she did initially apply to colleges in London, Venice, and Hong Kong, and I'm not sure if those schools even have cheerleaders). Would she make the cut? And what if (heaven forbid) she doesn't? What would Kim do then?
    Don't forget that college is a fresh start. Even those who make it to the "top of the heap" in high school have to start at the bottom (again!) in college. So people like Kim, a popular honor student and cheerleader captain, and Bonnie, who scratched and clawed her way to the top of Middleton High's social order, will find themselves once more at Square One. And they'll be facing more competition than they did in high school.
    I personally think Kim has a good chance of getting on a college cheer squad. Her experience at Middleton High (especially as captain of the MHS squad) and her athletic abilities make her a serious contender for any openings on a college squad.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    I'd imagine that Kim would become too engrossed in her studies to have much time for cheerleading, especially since it's pretty easy to imagine her planning on a graduate program.

Conversely a buddy of mine did end up playing college football for a pretty big program while pursuing an MBA. He and a friend of his were walk-ons during tryouts. They'd had a bit to drink and while initially doing it as a gag, both made the team. My friend was approached by the pros about the time he finished the MBA but decided he wanted to go to flight school instead.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    I'd imagine that Kim would become too engrossed in her studies to have much time for cheerleading, especially since it's pretty easy to imagine her planning on a graduate program.
    Good point. But remember, Kim maintained an "A+" grade average in high school, while also being involved in cheerleading, tutoring, swim team (mentioned by Ron in an early episode), yearbook staff, various dance committees; not to mention volunteer work in the community. So she might not worry about doing cheerleading while working towards a graduate degree in college.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    If Ron's at the same school playing football, then yes. If not, maybe she'd hang up the pom poms.

Registered User Full Member GhostWhiter's Avatar
    This may seem like a dumb question, but, like the title says, I found myself wondering if Kim would try out for the cheerleader squad of whatever college she finally attends
    Since the TV series has ended, this question will only be answered in fan fiction. And unlike many other fandoms, Kim Possible fan fiction writers are mostly male. Making the college cheer squad would give those writers many chances to depict Kim and bunch of pretty girls shaking their pom-poms in skimpy or form-fitting outfits...

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised that FF.net hasn't had to create a separate category for this (so far).:P

Quote Originally Posted by GhostWhiter View Post

Since the TV series has ended, this question will only be answered in fan fiction.
    Maybe, but it's still fun for non-fanfic writers to speculate on... :P

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Good point. But remember, Kim maintained an "A+" grade average in high school, while also being involved in cheerleading, tutoring, swim team (mentioned by Ron in an early episode), yearbook staff, various dance committees; not to mention volunteer work in the community. So she might not worry about doing cheerleading while working towards a graduate degree in college.
    True, but high school isn't near as rigerous or demanding as college is. I recall high school being more a laboratory for social dynamics rather than mastering thought processes and worthwhile skills. could have easily skipped the whole thing, myself.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    So the question is....Will Kim try out for the college cheer squad?.....

IMHO..........Absolutely!
    "Say the Word"

Administrator Senior Member Greenmandmz's Avatar
    True, but high school isn't near as rigerous or demanding as college is. I recall high school being more a laboratory for social dynamics rather than mastering thought processes and worthwhile skills. could have easily skipped the whole thing, myself.
    That may be true, but I from what we've seen of her on the series, Kim takes her schoolwork seriously. Trying to actually learn something as compared to some of her peers. She does tend to pile on the extra-circulars; Queen Bebe being a prime example of this. In that episode she volunteered for park clean-up, chaired the dance, and came up with a new routine for the cheersquad that afternoon. Not to mention foiling the Bebes' plot to take over the human race! :P She stayed quite busy with all of that.

As far as the cheerleading itself goes, I think it would be pretty natural for her to continue that into college. It's something she genuinely seems to enjoy doing, and I speculate that it would be a welcome diversion to her other college studies.

Remember, she's been up the Amazon and down a volcano; she dog sledded through the arctic, swam the English Channel, scaled Mount Everest. Not to mention acing the cheerleading regionals. So, taking cheerleading in college would be as she would say, "No big."
    Gah! Quit mocking me. -AinoMinako
    [I]

Kim & Ron: Best of friends!

She absolutely would try out, no doubt in my mind. After this comes two subsequent questions:

1. Would she make the squad?

2. Would she stay on the squad?

Depending on the predispositions of the entrenched power structure of the group, they may be reluctant to take Kim on. She is at least known to the average person, thanks to the "Humans" cover story and news media, so they'll have heard of her. They may be intimidated by her fame, or unwilling to tolerate her need for schedule flexibility, or they may just kick her off for the good of mankind, in a misguided attempt to steer her right.

As for staying on given acceptance, depending on whether or not the school she attends is a big sports school, she may not need to travel long distances for high-profile away games; not all good universities have super-developed varsity programs. If it doesn't cut into her schedule to an unacceptable level, she'll stick it out; Kim does not quit lightly. It may be a heartwrenching choice for her at some point, but if she does need to do too much contrary traveling, she would choose the more important thing; academics and world-saving.

The other related point: would Ron play college ball? I think he'd try out, depending on the school make second-string, and be trounced repeatedly by the guys at the college level who are as fast as him, and bigger by a large margin. The bench is a lot deeper in college, and Ron's basically a novelty act on the gridiron. So, if Ron's stuck on campus all season, Kim's less likely to travel.