Do you think Kim will try out for the college cheer squad?
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Kim will try out for the college cheer squad?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Do you think Kim will try out for the college cheer squad?

This may seem like a dumb question, but, like the title says, I found myself wondering if Kim would try out for the cheerleader squad of whatever college she finally attends (if it's in the US, of course; she did initially apply to colleges in London, Venice, and Hong Kong, and I'm not sure if those schools even have cheerleaders). Would she make the cut? And what if (heaven forbid) she doesn't? What would Kim do then?
    Don't forget that college is a fresh start. Even those who make it to the "top of the heap" in high school have to start at the bottom (again!) in college. So people like Kim, a popular honor student and cheerleader captain, and Bonnie, who scratched and clawed her way to the top of Middleton High's social order, will find themselves once more at Square One. And they'll be facing more competition than they did in high school.
    I personally think Kim has a good chance of getting on a college cheer squad. Her experience at Middleton High (especially as captain of the MHS squad) and her athletic abilities make her a serious contender for any openings on a college squad.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    I'd imagine that Kim would become too engrossed in her studies to have much time for cheerleading, especially since it's pretty easy to imagine her planning on a graduate program.

Conversely a buddy of mine did end up playing college football for a pretty big program while pursuing an MBA. He and a friend of his were walk-ons during tryouts. They'd had a bit to drink and while initially doing it as a gag, both made the team. My friend was approached by the pros about the time he finished the MBA but decided he wanted to go to flight school instead.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    I'd imagine that Kim would become too engrossed in her studies to have much time for cheerleading, especially since it's pretty easy to imagine her planning on a graduate program.
    Good point. But remember, Kim maintained an "A+" grade average in high school, while also being involved in cheerleading, tutoring, swim team (mentioned by Ron in an early episode), yearbook staff, various dance committees; not to mention volunteer work in the community. So she might not worry about doing cheerleading while working towards a graduate degree in college.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    If Ron's at the same school playing football, then yes. If not, maybe she'd hang up the pom poms.

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Good point. But remember, Kim maintained an "A+" grade average in high school, while also being involved in cheerleading, tutoring, swim team (mentioned by Ron in an early episode), yearbook staff, various dance committees; not to mention volunteer work in the community. So she might not worry about doing cheerleading while working towards a graduate degree in college.
    True, but high school isn't near as rigerous or demanding as college is. I recall high school being more a laboratory for social dynamics rather than mastering thought processes and worthwhile skills. could have easily skipped the whole thing, myself.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    So the question is....Will Kim try out for the college cheer squad?.....

IMHO..........Absolutely!
    "Say the Word"

Administrator Senior Member Greenmandmz's Avatar
    True, but high school isn't near as rigerous or demanding as college is. I recall high school being more a laboratory for social dynamics rather than mastering thought processes and worthwhile skills. could have easily skipped the whole thing, myself.
    That may be true, but I from what we've seen of her on the series, Kim takes her schoolwork seriously. Trying to actually learn something as compared to some of her peers. She does tend to pile on the extra-circulars; Queen Bebe being a prime example of this. In that episode she volunteered for park clean-up, chaired the dance, and came up with a new routine for the cheersquad that afternoon. Not to mention foiling the Bebes' plot to take over the human race! :P She stayed quite busy with all of that.

As far as the cheerleading itself goes, I think it would be pretty natural for her to continue that into college. It's something she genuinely seems to enjoy doing, and I speculate that it would be a welcome diversion to her other college studies.

Remember, she's been up the Amazon and down a volcano; she dog sledded through the arctic, swam the English Channel, scaled Mount Everest. Not to mention acing the cheerleading regionals. So, taking cheerleading in college would be as she would say, "No big."
    Gah! Quit mocking me. -AinoMinako
    [I]

Kim & Ron: Best of friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmandmz View Post
    That may be true, but I from what we've seen of her on the series, Kim takes her schoolwork seriously. Trying to actually learn something as compared to some of her peers. She does tend to pile on the extra-circulars; Queen Bebe being a prime example of this. In that episode she volunteered for park clean-up, chaired the dance, and came up with a new routine for the cheersquad that afternoon. Not to mention foiling the Bebes' plot to take over the human race! :P She stayed quite busy with all of that.

As far as the cheerleading itself goes, I think it would be pretty natural for her to continue that into college. It's something she genuinely seems to enjoy doing, and I speculate that it would be a welcome diversion to her other college studies.

Remember, she's been up the Amazon and down a volcano; she dog sledded through the arctic, swam the English Channel, scaled Mount Everest. Not to mention acing the cheerleading regionals. So, taking cheerleading in college would be as she would say, "No big."
    True, but I never found high school as remotely challenging or labor intensive as college. The other thing is, people's interests do change once they get into college. I'v known a number of folks who had done cheerleading and various atheletic endeavors in high school and dropped them once in college. One factor would certainly be the travel, a college away game is more time consuming than one in high school is since they frequently involve interstate trips. Part of this may simply be a function of most of my associates being in technical fields and having to spend a lot of time doing laboratory work. Although I did have one classmate who was the mascot for football games, if memory serves he did end up taking somewhat longer to finish the program, however.

Registered User Veteran Member Ace Ian Combat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    I found it rather ironic that despite the fact that Kim did maintain A+ grades, she was not valedictorian. Felix must really be pulling in the grades then. All I can say is in the next two years somebody better not come and take my title away then.

But yes, I do think Kim will pursue cheerleading, until either the condescending girls annoy her too much or she believes she must focus more on studies... and Ron.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park

Registered User Full Member GhostWhiter's Avatar
    This may seem like a dumb question, but, like the title says, I found myself wondering if Kim would try out for the cheerleader squad of whatever college she finally attends
    Since the TV series has ended, this question will only be answered in fan fiction. And unlike many other fandoms, Kim Possible fan fiction writers are mostly male. Making the college cheer squad would give those writers many chances to depict Kim and bunch of pretty girls shaking their pom-poms in skimpy or form-fitting outfits...

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised that FF.net hasn't had to create a separate category for this (so far).:P