Super Bowl Sunday
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Sunday

Registered User Senior Member Ran Hakubi's Avatar

Super Bowl Sunday

Now that the playoffs are over, its time to crown a champion of football. This years match-up is between the New York Football Giants (Yes, that is their full name) and the New England Patriots.

My money is on the Pats. While the Giants are a good team, I really don't think that they can stand up to the powerhouse of New England. When given enough time in the pocket, Tom Brady can pull off stuff that you ain't never seen before. Plus I think it would be pretty awesome to see the Patriots go from the start of the season to the finish and never taste the bitter flavor of defete. History and all that.

So, who do you think will pull out a victory and be crowned the champions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, in fact, I did have Mario bed sheets

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ran Hakubi View Post
    Now that the playoffs are over, its time to crown a champion of football. This years match-up is between the New York Football Giants (Yes, that is their full name) and the New England Patriots.

My money is on the Pats. While the Giants are a good team, I really don't think that they can stand up to the powerhouse of New England. When given enough time in the pocket, Tom Brady can pull off stuff that you ain't never seen before. Plus I think it would be pretty awesome to see the Patriots go from the start of the season to the finish and never taste the bitter flavor of defete. History and all that.

So, who do you think will pull out a victory and be crowned the champions?
    I'm not sure...I haven't been following the football teams that closely this year. I'm still disillusioned about the Bears getting to last year's Super Bowl, only to lose to the Indianapolis Colts...

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    I do believe the Giants have the talent to compete with the Patriots, and quite possibly even win. Eli Manning has stepped up huge (not quite monkey style, of course), and they're a really good team.

However, I think that part of it is attitude, and the Pats have attitude to spare. They're determined to finish this off, and when it comes to bitter coaches, not even "Stalag" Coughlin can out-bitter the Hoodie, Bill Belichick.

Of course, no matter which team wins, a star from the University of Michigan's getting a ring - either Tom Brady will get his fourth, or Amani Toomer his first.

I gotta give the edge to the Pats.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    It'll probably go the the Pats, if their 18-0 record is any indicator. Still, upsets can happen...

As for me, I'll get involved in the game if it turns into a sporting contest, but I don't have much stake in it. Truthfully, I'm more interested in the infamous Super Bowl Commericals.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Even though I live in Massachusetts, I've never been a Patriots fan. I'm going to root for the Giants. They have a larger BC connection—2 players vs. 1, plus Tom Coughlin, who coached BC for 3 seasons.

I'm rooting for the the Patriots - just because I think a perfect season would be pretty neat. Except for that, I don't have an emotional attachment to either team.
    Why is everyone who drives slower than me an idiot, and everyone who drives faster a maniac?

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Oddly enough, when it was Packers-Patriots 11 years ago, in Super Bowl XXXI, I was firmly anti-Pats. But, as personnel changed, so did my stance on that team.

So, since the thread does say "Super Bowl Sunday", how about discussing whether or not any of us have plans? I'll be having family over to watch the game... my sister and I both have Tom Brady jerseys to wear. XD (I might've gotten a Junior Seau shirt for myself, since I've always liked 55, but couldn't find one available - they just had Brady and Moss around here.)

Family, pizza, chips, shrimp, and the chance for history with 19-0 at stake... it's going to be a good time. ^_^

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    To be honest I don't like football (and yes I USED to) but once I got into auto racing it became really boring. I watch basically for the commercials

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I don't plan on watching the game; I'm going over to some friends' house Sunday afternoon then back home early. My friend, who's hosting the event, will probably want to watch.

Registered User Senior Member Ran Hakubi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    To be honest I don't like football (and yes I USED to) but once I got into auto racing it became really boring. I watch basically for the commercials
    My dad is the same way. Its ironic too, because he was the one that got me into football to begin with.

Anyways, I won't be doing much of anything. Just sittin in my chair and munching on snacks while watching the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, in fact, I did have Mario bed sheets