How was your Day? Part 9 - Page 51
Global Justice Alliance

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: How was your Day? Part 9

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    so-called improvements of Vista. For one thing, under XP, I know how to use the search options to get what I want, but with Vista, the "Advanced Search" options don't even have a filetype option, which is crucial to my searches.
    I definitely think I'm going to try a Macintosh when it's time to replace my XP laptop.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    so-called improvements of Vista. For one thing, under XP, I know how to use the search options to get what I want, but with Vista, the "Advanced Search" options don't even have a filetype option, which is crucial to my searches.
    I definitely think I'm going to try a Macintosh when it's time to replace my XP laptop.
    I'm waiting for Windows, Version 7. In the meantime, I'm hanging on to my XP platforms wherever I can.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Helped Mom bring in the groceries; did a little shopping; then went to buy us dinner from Protillo's.
    Now I'm doing my laundry. Which reminds me - it's time to go change loads in the washer & dryer.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Went to the gun show, mmmmm new toys.........
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Went to the gun show, mmmmm new toys.........
    When you find a bargain there, can you say you got "more bang for the buck?" :P
    Sorry; I couldn't resist....

I am the terror that posts in the night... I am the iceberg that sinks the ship some fanatically devote their very lives to... I am... Well, that goes without saying. And now, having spent a better portion of my day fiddling with my computer to get things up and running, I'm back.

So yes, my day was spent trying to make things work in regards to my computer... oh, and going to a not-so-local mall for a little while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    I am the terror that posts in the night... I am the iceberg that sinks the ship some fanatically devote their very lives to... I am... Well, that goes without saying. And now, having spent a better portion of my day fiddling with my computer to get things up and running, I'm back.

So yes, my day was spent trying to make things work in regards to my computer... oh, and going to a not-so-local mall for a little while.
    Hmmmm.....yes. I was doing much the same thing only, with the vBulletin software, but finally got that problem solved (Sheesh!). Otherwise, I spent the day trying to relax. I re-read a lot of my "Resolution" story, mostly for the fun of it, tweaking a word here or there. Working on the screenplay adaptation now of the Season Four rewrite of it.....getting set for tomorrow as I'm back on call......
    "Say the Word"