How was your Day? Part 9 - Page 20
Global Justice Alliance

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your Day? Part 9

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Glad to know your aunt's doing better, Cloud, although it's too bad about the other person...

Right now, I'm listening in on a conference call for work. It's boring as all get out, but I'm required to sit through it even though about 70% of it doesn't even directly pertain to my level.
    Nice to see you can still log onto the GJA in the middle of that.:P
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Nice thing about being isolated in the shipping area...

... Man, do I have a headache. All sorts of "fun" stuff going down... glad it's almost time to shut down and go home!

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Yesterday I worked overtime until 7 PM after I thought I wouldn't have to. But I managed to get all the letters Marketing gave me inserted & sealed.
    This morning was the real nightmare.
    My main postage meter went on the fritz again. It wasn't printing the indicia (that's what we call the postage imprint on each letter) right, despite my running the "Intense clean of print heads" function. Turns out the print heads needed replacing. So while those were ordered, I used my little tabletop meter to do all the outgoing mail - much slower. That wasn't my only problem, though; I was running out of ink in that meter. I requested new cartridges for it, keeping an eye on my ink level as I went. Luckily the new cartridges arrived before I ran dry. Putting them in allowed me to finish the outgoing mail in time for it to be picked up on time, but it meant taking my lunch late.
    This afternoon was much better. I managed to finish inserting the very last of my backlogged invoices; and even metered them with tomorrow's date. I spent the last 45 minutes of my day trying to do some adjustments on the tabletop meter, until Zac from Tech Support came in and looked at the unit. He told me it needed a good thorough cleaning, and he'd have someone do that first thing tomorrow.
    I actually clocked out on time today, and drove home while the sun was still up! (Fancy that! ) Since it's my turn to take out the trash, I did that right away; then took a nice hot shower and cooked myself some French-bread pizzas for dinner.
    After that, I downloaded the latest free version of Lavasoft's Ad-Aware anti-spyware program (I just learned that the previous edition, which I had, was obsolete and no longer being supported by the company). I then ran a complete scan of my computer and rid it of 82 items that Ad-Aware found.
    (I'd been having trouble downloading Ad-Aware's latest spyware definitions over the last month or so; now I understand why. So I downloaded Ad-Aware 2007, which replaces Ad-Aware SE.)
    I haven't done my taxes yet; I really should, if only to find out how much (if anything) I'm getting back from Uncle Sam. I'll do that over the weekend.

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Well yesterday... uh... more format changing of video... and today more of the same. So much fun... so little time.

Ugh. Today was brutal, as we had to go through an audit. We passed, but the process was definitely grueling.

And tomorrow's going to be busy - in fact, I should be getting offline now and going to bed.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Slow morning, since I got everything caught up before leaving work yesterday. Very little outgoing or incoming mail. In the afternoon, we had a party for two employees' anniversaries - Dean from Tech Support celebrated his 30th year with the company, while Sophie from Accounts Payable reached the 25-year mark. Our company president and the Human Resources supervisor each gave a little speech, and we all had cake. Billing brought me some more invoices this afternoon; four piles of them, dated March 31. I ran two piles through both inserters before quitting time at 5 PM.
    Now let's see how much snow we'll get tomorrow...

I'm supposed to be working here in my cubical, but I'm still a bit loopy today. Wednesday night my car was creamed by a yo-yo blowing through a red light. We're not talking any amber-gamble here: the light was green for me for a minute or so before I got to the intersection, and it was still green. He must have been yakking to his spouse/girlfriend/whatever, and never saw the red or me.

Whammo! He hit my left front quarter, including a bit of the driver's door. My little Prius went rocketing off like a well-struck cue ball, until my right front tried contesting time and space with a granite-boulder retaining wall (it lost, noisily).

I was aware of none of this, as the freakin' airbags did not deploy. For a big guy like me, in the close confines of the Prius cabin, it was like going over Niagra in a barrel. And me without my helmet!

I've got lumps and bumps all over the left side of my head. Having a fat head was a real advantage: my brains were slightly scrambled, but nothing serious (I hope). Meanwhile, its a little hard to concentrate on my work duties. Happily, the office is almost dead on my floor, with a snowstorm on top of Good Friday keeping people away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Well i dont know where to begin... first I get my that new cpu cooling setup and it wont secure down where the old cpu cooler was... I had to thermal greese so having never done this before i applied it and now im on a thin edge wondering if my Cpu is going to burn up or not. The tempature jumps alot faster then it used to when i went full throttle but it does also cool down faster too. So i have a cpu cooler i cant use and more then likely will RMA because it said it fit any socket 775 and it didnt fit mine. I give up... if it aint broke dont fix it... thats all i can say ive learned from this.

Quote Originally Posted by ncnu View Post
    I'm supposed to be working here in my cubical, but I'm still a bit loopy today. Wednesday night my car was creamed by a yo-yo blowing through a red light. We're not talking any amber-gamble here: the light was green for me for a minute or so before I got to the intersection, and it was still green. He must have been yakking to his spouse/girlfriend/whatever, and never saw the red or me.

Whammo! He hit my left front quarter, including a bit of the driver's door. My little Prius went rocketing off like a well-struck cue ball, until my right front tried contesting time and space with a granite-boulder retaining wall (it lost, noisily).

I was aware of none of this, as the freakin' airbags did not deploy. For a big guy like me, in the close confines of the Prius cabin, it was like going over Niagra in a barrel. And me without my helmet!
    I've got lumps and bumps all over the left side of my head. Having a fat head was a real advantage: my brains were slightly scrambled, but nothing serious (I hope). Meanwhile, its a little hard to concentrate on my work duties. Happily, the office is almost dead on my floor, with a snowstorm on top of Good Friday keeping people away.
    Sorry to hear about the accident, ncnu... I've been through a couple of major accidents before, and a couple of minor ones.

Friday night was quite the adventure getting home in the snowstorm. I actually lollygagged and took my sweet time, but it was tough going. Turning off onto a side street that has an island dividing traffic, I slid, and even though I was going pretty slow, I still banged against the island's curb, and today I was clearly able to see that my left front rim is a little dented.

It's the second time that's happened to me - last time, it was the right front, sliding out while making a left turn in similar weather a couple of years ago. The dent this time isn't as great as the last one, but still, it's enough to cause a few vibrations. I'll likely end up rotating the tires (I'm due anyway) so that it goes to the back, where it'll stay on straight, and then I'll eventually get it banged out to normal like the last one.

On the plus side, aside from surviving the audit at work, the preparations for my trip to LA next month are just about complete! After much debate and consideration over different brands and models, I've gone ahead and gotten myself an iPod! One 80GB black Classic, and once you get used to the scroll-wheel function, it's pretty dang nifty!

I'm re-ripping some of my music, including my KP soundtrack. The MP3s I uploaded to it earlier seem to be buggy - Rappin' Drakken skips out before "... give me a beat!" for no apparent reason; other tracks are being re-ripped because track info didn't transfer properly, and I'm not spending hours manually re-entering all that stuff!

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ncnu View Post

Dang! ncnu! I m sure glad you seem to be all right and no more than a little banged up. But I'll bet your Prius is badly smashed up. I hope it isn't totaled. It is funny the air bags didn't deploy. You should check with the dealership about that one, I think. Anyway, My day went fairly well. I've been working all day on my new DAW, getting into shape to do audio work.
    "Say the Word"