How was your Day? Part 9 - Page 21
Global Justice Alliance

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your Day? Part 9

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Doing some data analysis today, due to upcoming project deadlines (plus there are fewer interuptions on Sundays), then anafternoon get together with friends.

Spent yesterday looking at used sailboats. Can't afford anything right now, but it will be nice to have an idea how much I'll need to save up.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your collision, ncnu. I know just what you're going through, having had my accident two years ago. Hopefully, they can repair your car (although I suggest you discuss the airbags with your dealer - that sounds like a definite warranty issue).
    As for my day(s):
    Yesterday morning, I shoveled the snow off those parts of our driveway that didn't get any sun to melt it off. In the afternoon, I went to Borders to spend a 30% coupon I got via e-mail (part of their Borders Rewards program). Bought a new DVD for $15.00 with it (I just love a bargain... ). Did some searching through other stores for some CDs, but didn't find any that I wanted. After dinner, I watched a DVD, then last night's epsiode of "Kim Possible."
    Today, I haven't done much more than play around on my computer, downloading stuff off the internet. My computer was running slowly and locking up at times, so I ran a spyware check, then defragged and cleaned up the hard drive. Now it's running faster.
    BTW, the spyware check found nothing, as did the full-system virus scan I ran yesterday. Maybe there's just an awful lot of traffic on the 'net today?...

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Spent a quiet Easter Sunday reading and browsing the 'Net.

I'm hoping to buy a new cell phone on eBay, but it looks like the price is going to go way up by the time the auction ends this evening, so not likely.

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Family's over for Easter and my nephew John's birthday; I've been up and down, as I'm currently ripping KP Season 1 so I can load it onto my iPod. I found a pretty decent program that works, CloneDVDmobile, which has a 21-day trial with full functionality. I've already loaded ASiT and StD into my iPod, and they look and sound great!

Had a very nice Easter Sunday, chilled out at home, chatted online with some friends, and almost made myself sick on jelly beans and chocolate.

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Didn't do to much yesterday other then went to moring services. I'm to old to have fun with easter and not old enough to have kids. I guess ill got easter shopping today (yes it's past and with 50% off candy it's the perfect time)

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Today is the first day of spring break!

I used our Rebounder exercise trampoline earlier this morning, and my mom and I just back from signing me up for exercise classes at the Y. An instructor taught me how to use all the different weight machines. They're certainly a step up from the school's stuff - you get an account set up on a central mainframe; when you punch in a PIN number on the machine itself, it wirelessly taps into your account. It tells you your machine/weight settings - which is what we were setting up today - and then tracks how much you've lifted, the time for each rep, and gives you a ROM graph so you're not lifting the weights too quickly or crashing them back down on the stack. Above each machine, there's a nice little CGI graphic that shows what muscle group each machine works.

Clearly, they're aiming to entice my generation.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Today is the first day of spring break!

I used our Rebounder exercise trampoline earlier this morning, and my mom and I just back from signing me up for exercise classes at the Y. An instructor taught me how to use all the different weight machines. They're certainly a step up from the school's stuff - you get an account set up on a central mainframe; when you punch in a PIN number on the machine itself, it wirelessly taps into your account. It tells you your machine/weight settings - which is what we were setting up today - and then tracks how much you've lifted, the time for each rep, and gives you a ROM graph so you're not lifting the weights too quickly or crashing them back down on the stack. Above each machine, there's a nice little CGI graphic that shows what muscle group each machine works.

Clearly, they're aiming to entice my generation.
    Young man, there's no need to feel down.
    I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
    I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
    There's no need to be unhappy.

Young man, there's a place you can go.
    I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
    You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
    Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
    It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Still a bit sore from bruises and muscle strain post accident, although my head is feeling steadily better. Some amazing technicolor bruises have surfaced on my torso, where the seatbelt was busy saving my life.

I was pretty much just going through the motions at the office during the previous twenty hours, but I finally got some real work done this afternoon. Meanwhile, one advantage of recovering from a concussion is that I have been sleeping just great at night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    An instructor taught me how to use all the different weight machines. They're certainly a step up from the school's stuff - you get an account set up on a central mainframe; when you punch in a PIN number on the machine itself, it wirelessly taps into your account. It tells you your machine/weight settings - which is what we were setting up today - and then tracks how much you've lifted, the time for each rep, and gives you a ROM graph so you're not lifting the weights too quickly or crashing them back down on the stack. Above each machine, there's a nice little CGI graphic that shows what muscle group each machine works.
    Yeah... the fit quest thing that your on, I got setup on that a few weeks ago. That scale helps alot to make sure you get the full benifit of the lift. I was told about 4 second total per rep was about the minimum target time you wanna hit. You get points per activity... even for cutting the grass if you log it.