Shego- The Diary of Jane
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Shego- The Diary of Jane

  1. #1

    Shego- The Diary of Jane

    Another angsty Shego vid. If I keep these up, I'm gonna start getting depressed.

    Okay, not really, but this one of my last really angsty ones. :P

    Anyway, onto the video! This one was pretty hard, and that's wierd, considering how short this song is. But I never realized how difficult this was to apply to Shego until I was making the video, so I made due and did the best I could.

    Originally, some of these lyrics could've applied to Kim instead of Drakken, but in doing that, it becomes Kigo, which I have offically sworn off doing (beginning to question as to how I'll handle my next requested vid featuring Kim and Shego, considering the lyrics of the song :P).

    So I stuck Drakken in there instead, which doesn't make half as much sense as I hoped it would, but everything came out nice as far I'm concerned. So please, use your imagination with this one. This was rough to get through.

    The Diary of Jane

  2. #2
    Registered User Senior Member Ran Hakubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The home office in Owasso, OK
    Posts
    262
    Allow me to be the first to say it.

    BOO-YAH!

    Great job Twila!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, in fact, I did have Mario bed sheets

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ran Hakubi View Post
    Allow me to be the first to say it.

    BOO-YAH!

    Great job Twila!
    Thank you!

  4. #4
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    ...so I made due and did the best I could.
    Great job, Twila! Very nice video!
    BTW, the above phrase is spelled, "made do." Just thought I'd point that out.

    A few questions, if I may: How does one go about putting together a video like this? Do you need a specific software package, or can I use the Windows Movie Maker (I think I have it) on my PC? Where do you get the font for your titles, and how do you animate them as well?
    I'd like to try my hand at this, but I'm not sure where to start. Any advice you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.
    PATY!

  5. #5
    Registered User Veteran Member Ace Ian Combat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Near the Middleton Pet Cemetery
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Another angsty Shego vid. If I keep these up, I'm gonna start getting depressed.

    Okay, not really, but this one of my last really angsty ones. :P

    Anyway, onto the video! This one was pretty hard, and that's wierd, considering how short this song is. But I never realized how difficult this was to apply to Shego until I was making the video, so I made due and did the best I could.

    Originally, some of these lyrics could've applied to Kim instead of Drakken, but in doing that, it becomes Kigo, which I have offically sworn off doing (beginning to question as to how I'll handle my next requested vid featuring Kim and Shego, considering the lyrics of the song :P).

    So I stuck Drakken in there instead, which doesn't make half as much sense as I hoped it would, but everything came out nice as far I'm concerned. So please, use your imagination with this one. This was rough to get through.

    The Diary of Jane
    Yeah, I read your video requests and wondered how you could possibly create it without crossing that line you've set for yourself. I'll have to look at your videos, I'm way behind sadly, thanks to a download limit on our internet. Three computers does not help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Another angsty Shego vid. If I keep these up, I'm gonna start getting depressed.

    Okay, not really, but this one of my last really angsty ones. :P
    So I take it we won't be seeing any videos set to Johnny Cash's rendition of Hurt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Anyway, onto the video! This one was pretty hard, and that's wierd, considering how short this song is. But I never realized how difficult this was to apply to Shego until I was making the video, so I made due and did the best I could.

    Originally, some of these lyrics could've applied to Kim instead of Drakken, but in doing that, it becomes Kigo, which I have offically sworn off doing (beginning to question as to how I'll handle my next requested vid featuring Kim and Shego, considering the lyrics of the song :P).
    Yeah, some of the lyrics can be just a wii borderline in that respect ('every roommate kept awake' and what directly follows that line for instance). Still... and do stop me if I start sounding like a backseat music video maker here... I guess the the love parts could just be played up as nothing more than platonic friendship kind of love (Stop Team Go or any episode where the two team up for a little come to mind)... but then again the song does jump from one extreme to the other. Hmph, now I'm stumped on the whole matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    So I stuck Drakken in there instead, which doesn't make half as much sense as I hoped it would, but everything came out nice as far I'm concerned. So please, use your imagination with this one. This was rough to get through.
    I'd still say the video came out looking real good nonetheless. The clips and music still matched up very well (any part with Shego nearly lipsyncing "Do you like that?" was amusing in its own right, and the bit with Shego burning up the pictures worked out well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    ...so I made due and did the best I could.
    Great job, Twila! Very nice video!
    BTW, the above phrase is spelled, "made do." Just thought I'd point that out.

    A few questions, if I may: How does one go about putting together a video like this? Do you need a specific software package, or can I use the Windows Movie Maker (I think I have it) on my PC? Where do you get the font for your titles, and how do you animate them as well?
    I'd like to try my hand at this, but I'm not sure where to start. Any advice you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.
    PATY!
    My advice is to start on WMM, it may not work at top-notch, but that's how I learned to make these things. I work with Adobe Premiere Elements now, and that can be quite pricey (I got my copy from an uncle of mine who works with this software).


    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Another angsty Shego vid. If I keep these up, I'm gonna start getting depressed.

    Okay, not really, but this one of my last really angsty ones. :P
    So I take it we won't be seeing any videos set to Johnny Cash's rendition of Hurt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Anyway, onto the video! This one was pretty hard, and that's wierd, considering how short this song is. But I never realized how difficult this was to apply to Shego until I was making the video, so I made due and did the best I could.

    Originally, some of these lyrics could've applied to Kim instead of Drakken, but in doing that, it becomes Kigo, which I have offically sworn off doing (beginning to question as to how I'll handle my next requested vid featuring Kim and Shego, considering the lyrics of the song :P).
    Yeah, some of the lyrics can be just a wii borderline in that respect ('every roommate kept awake' and what directly follows that line for instance). Still... and do stop me if I start sounding like a backseat music video maker here... I guess the the love parts could just be played up as nothing more than platonic friendship kind of love (Stop Team Go or any episode where the two team up for a little come to mind)... but then again the song does jump from one extreme to the other. Hmph, now I'm stumped on the whole matter.
    Exactly! I figured I could go with friendship, but the song does tread that fine line. I'm just gonna work through it, and if I feel it crosses my comfort zone as far as Kigo goes, I'll use the edited version fireand'chutes made for me.

  8. #8
    Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    Yeah, some of the lyrics can be just a wii borderline in that respect
    ...

    CURSE YOU, NINTENDO!!! YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR! TOO FAR, DARN YOU!!!!!

    *ahem* anyway...

    Great job, Twila!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    Yeah, some of the lyrics can be just a wii borderline in that respect
    ...

    CURSE YOU, NINTENDO!!! YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR! TOO FAR, DARN YOU!!!!!

    *ahem* anyway...

    Great job, Twila!
    LOL! Thanks!

  10. #10
    Mike_Industries
    Guest
    First off, Great video Twila! You never seem to dissapoint the many who watch 'em.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post

    My advice is to start on WMM, it may not work at top-notch, but that's how I learned to make these things. I work with Adobe Premiere Elements now, and that can be quite pricey (I got my copy from an uncle of mine who works with this software).
    This is just out of my own curiousity, since you have Adobe Premiere Elements, Does a DivX video file play fine on it? With WMM, it slows down the proccess. I am looking into upgrading my video editing software, just looking for someone who may know.

Similar Threads

  1. The mr & mrs campy cruise diary
    By campy in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 12:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •