Global Justice Alliance

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: What in real life reminds you of KP? #6

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Yesterday at work, I mailed an invoice to a customer named Frank Wade... :P

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by screaming phoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    One good thing, off topic I admit, is that at least DC is starting to show some non-S4 episodes.
    Yeah but they are on at 1:30 A.M. where I live. It makes for a short night. Of course It also says something about me that I still stay up to watch and record it.

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm nuts, obsessed, or just your regular KP fan.
    Oh, definitely.....:P......you're a typical KP fan....
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    I was walking down the Latino foods aisle of the supermarket today and saw a box of mix for making Churros. Just like Ron was hoping to find at the zoo in "Gorilla Fist."

Today at work, we have some bigwigs visiting from out of town. In the main conference room where they're holding their meeting, I noticed a tray of donuts on the counter against one wall. That reminded me of mutated Ron's comment upon seeing the donut shop sign in "Grande Size Me":
    "Aaahh - DO-NUT!"

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Today at work, we have some bigwigs visiting from out of town. In the main conference room where they're holding their meeting, I noticed a tray of donuts on the counter against one wall. That reminded me of mutated Ron's comment upon seeing the donut shop sign in "Grande Size Me":
    "Aaahh - DO-NUT!"
    Y'know, I drove by Randy's Donuts near LAX on my way to the airport, and I didn't stop. I should've stopped... I mean, I had time, and I had money...

Next time I'm in LA, for sure, I'll be stopping by the place with the giant donut on the roof.

Registered User Senior Member cpneb's Avatar
    I've been getting lots of calls from women named Kimberly on the help desk lately; unfortunately, none of them have been named Possible. I get about one a day, and they are all nice and pleasant.

For Cellerfan: I did get a call from a William Hodge on the East Coast: I resisted the urge to ask him if his wife's name was Kim....

I've had more than a few Jocelyns, but no Wades, and only one Ron...go figure....

...cpneb

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Last night at the dinner table, my cousins and I got into a debate about the grammatics of "fish or fishes" (and soon, "moose and meeses") that almost matched word-for-word Drakken and Shego's spat from "NG."

Drakken: ....Otherwise, you'll be swimming with the fish! ....Fish, right? Or is it fishes?
    Shego: Fish or fishes.
    Drakken: Well, which is it?
    Shego: Both are correct plural forms of singular word, "fish".
    Drakken: You're feeling very smug right now, aren't you?
    Shego: Little bit.

I had to fight very hard not to shout out, "That's what Shego said!"
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Just got back from seeing "Get Smart."

If there's ever going to be a live-action Kim Possible movie, that was it.

Carell was Ron; Hathaway was Kim; Carell was the bumbling goofball who manages to save the day; Hathaway was the assertive, level-headed, mildly sarcastic, kick-butt team leader. They bounced off each other like some of the best KP episodes (Mind Games, I'm lookin' at you), and I loved the KP-esque sense of partnership in a crunch (*particularly* the gunfight in the hallway).

As noted before, Hathaway's slinky dress was Kim's dress.

I repeat, That. Was. Kim's. Dress.

Hathaway
    Kim

Heck, both Ron and Carell have tuxes!

What really made my mouth pop open like a cash register, though, was that laser-grid scene.

Why?

Because it seemed like it'd been lifted straight out of chapter 3 of my "After" fanfic. (Not that I'm complaining, mind you!)

“...........We’ll need it,” Kim muttered as she slipped the Kimmunicator back in her mid-thigh pouch and looked up at the tangled web of light in front of them. Beams shot across each other in all directions and angles. The grid was so thick she could barely see the hallway on the other side.

“Oy… I’m getting vibes of Entrapment.”

She paced back and forth in front of the grid, biting her lip. Pausing, thinking, Kim pulled out her compact and gazed between the small mirror and the laser beams. “…Maybe,” she said slowly, “…If I break the mirror and use the pieces to…–”

“Won’t work,” Ron cut in, “Didn’t you see that one episode of Mythbusters?”

“Oh, right.” She resumed pacing. After another minute, she stopped and sighed heavily, face set. “Well, I guess we’ll have to do this old-skool…” Bending down, she unhooked her belt and slid it under the beams to the other side. She then stepped back from the beams and began stretching deeply, limbering up. “…You know how to play Twister, right?"

Ron blanched, nodding weakly. “Couple times… kept falling over, though.”

Kim’s jaw clenched apprehensively. “Well, don’t.” She continued to contort like a gymnast, loosening her entire body. A few piercing looks encouraged Ron to start doing the same thing.

Finally, Kim straightened up, did a few calisthenics, and stood one last time in front of the grid, moving effortlessly, almost flowing. The harsh, bright light cast hard shadows above her cheekbones and along the bridge of her nose. Her eyes slowly wandered through the grid, carefully plotting her route.

......She backed several paces down the hallway and fell into stance, knees lightly bent; arms extended slightly rearward at her sides, loose; fingers wide. Closing her eyes for a second, she slowly inhaled. After holding for a moment, she deeply exhaled in a slow rush, feeling the warm exhaust play across her lips. Snapping her eyes open, she broke into a determined, hard-edged smile.

Ron moved out of the way. “Go all cheerleader on ‘em, Kimbo!”

Kim nodded, smiled tightly, and charged. Throwing herself into a front handspring, she flipped over the leading beam, just missed clipping one right behind it on a slightly higher plane, snap-rolled through a narrow horizontal gap, planted both feet on a tiny swath of vacant floor, dove headfirst through a small hole in the web with her remaining momentum, and stuck the three point landing in a small clear patch. She remained rooted to the floor for a few seconds, muscles ironbound, as her landing impact dissipated through the painted concrete. Listening intently for alarms, moving only her eyeballs, she examined the space around her. Finding it relatively clear, she stood shakily upright, arms glued to her sides, breathing shallowly. She gazed around at the forest of red beams encapsulating her. Her ears filled with the prickling hum of millions of excited electrons.

Ron removed his gloves from his mouth. “…You, um, doing okay in there?”

“Yeah…” came the muffled reply.

“What’s it like in there?”

“Like I’m in the middle of a pile of pick-up sticks…” She paused, looking strained. “…It’s pretty tight in here… Wait… Hold up… I’m going to see if I can…–” Kim let the sentence hang as she gradually contorted her body and writhed snakelike up and through a beam grouping. “…Yeah, okay, that works… That yoga gift certificate you gave me really paid off.”

Ron watched as Kim considered her next move. “Good to see it’s, erm, working, then…. That thing was worth six Chimerito platters, you know…” The blonde trailed off as his girlfriend seemed to break in half as she eased backward overtop a waist-high beam. “…Doesn’t that, uh, hurt?

“Not really,” Kim said lightly, easing out of a handstand pushup, “At least, not if you flex out beforehand. Those classes really helped… You should’ve come with me more often. It was just a few blocks away from the dorm.”

“I wasn’t a big fan of the tights.”

“Your loss, then,” Kim said with a giggle as she wriggled underneath another beam. “…Are you coming, or what?”

“And, uh, just h-how am I going to get over there?”

“Just follow what I did.”

Ron paled. “Follow… what you… did. Right. Big help. Just follow… what… you… did… Right, should I stick my hand into a beam now, or do you want to wait until my legs give out?”

“Just… relax… concentrate… know where your hands and feet are… watch the beams,” Kim panted as she moved again, unable to spare any more excess energy for conversation.

He nodded once, gulped, and took several steps back, falling into a runner’s pose. “Relax… relax… relax…” he repeated to himself, building up nerve, “Just concentrate… concentrate… Just…. Heck, just hope that ’effing Mystical Monkey Power kicks in when it needs –TO!” Ron yelled the last word, surging forward. He lunged, attempting to perform the same front flip Kim had.

Teenage incoordination, male inflexibility, and the Ron Factor all channeled down at the same time. Halfway through the flip, his feet clipped each other.

Midair, Ron realized this was going to end badly. “Oh, sssshhhhhiiiii…!”

Form destroyed, he tumbled out of control. Falling through a narrow gap in the lasers, Ron hit the ground hard and rolled head-over-heels in a three-foot-wide channel of stacked parallel beams, miraculously not touching any of them, until he slid to a halt against the left wall.

“You all’right?” Kim yelled, concentrating completely on a Chakrasana yoga pose and unable to break focus to look over at him.

“Yeah…” he said weakly, waiting for his head to stop spinning. He heard beams buzzing less than six inches above his head.........
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    I'm currently watching Season 1 of The Transformers, and one of the key points of the three-part episode "The Ultimate Doom" was the use of mind-controlled humans, by way of a "hypno-chip".

Too bad the humans under Decepticon control weren't as polite as Shego and Kim were when Drakken used the mental compliance chips on them...

Even the Decepticons' evil human ally, Dr. Arkeville, has a name and megalomanaical attitude worthy of the KP series.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Last night at the dinner table, my cousins and I got into a debate about the grammatics of "fish or fishes" (and soon, "moose and meeses") that almost matched word-for-word Drakken and Shego's spat from "NG."

Drakken: ....Otherwise, you'll be swimming with the fish! ....Fish, right? Or is it fishes?
    Shego: Fish or fishes.
    Drakken: Well, which is it?
    Shego: Both are correct plural forms of singular word, "fish".
    Drakken: You're feeling very smug right now, aren't you?
    Shego: Little bit.

I had to fight very hard not to shout out, "That's what Shego said!"

Isn't it funny when life imitates art?
    I'm surprised you didn't bust out laughing at the sheer coincidence of it all. I know I would have. :P

As for me:
    Yesterday at work, I was printing a mailing label containing a New Jersey address. It reminded me of how Motor Ed's thugs greeted Kim and Felix in the junkyard where Ed had his hideout: "Welcome to the Garden State."
    One of the clients I sent an invoice to was named "Weldon Heights." It reminded me of KP staff writer Kurt Weldon.
    We get tax bills from all over the country for the postage meters we lease out. We recently got a bunch of tax bills from one county whose tax assessor was named Kim Good.
    And finally, at the minor-league ball game I attended on a company outing Friday night, the local team had a bunch of girls who served as dancers/cheerleaders. As I was watching them do a routine between innings, I couldn't help but wonder what Kim would have thought of their performance.