What in real life reminds you of KP? #6 - Page 28
Global Justice Alliance

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: What in real life reminds you of KP? #6

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Where is he now, San Quintan, Fort Knox, Fort Leavenworth, Joliet?
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    In good time, LM, in good time......
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    He's probably a CEO, actually.....
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    He's probably a CEO, actually.....
    Hopefully not - it'd be cruelly ironic for a no-talent parasite like that guy to end up in such a high-paying, powerful job.
    In fact, according to a recent survey by CareerBuilder.com, he may not be holding down such a cozy - or well-paying - position.
    In their survey, CareerBuilder.com asked more than 6,000 full-time workers to categorize their high school personas in one of the following groups: student government, athlete, geek, honor society, cheerleader, drama club, teacher's pet, or class clown. My erstwhile acquaintance definitely belongs in the "teacher's pet" category as those types were known to curry favor with faculty members by "kissing up," the way he did in our Scout council.
    BUT: the survey suggests that kissing up didn't get teacher's pets as far with their bosses as it did with their teachers. Thirty-seven percent of those "brass-kissers" reported earning less than $35,000 annually.
    So, if there's any justice in this world, my former acquaintance isn't enjoying the fruits of a lifetime of brown-nosing. Instead, he's probably busting his hump like the rest of us, trying to save money wherever he can while cursing the rising cost of living.

Getting back on-topic:
    Today at the museum, I bought a slice of pizza for my lunch in their cafeteria. It was okay, except the crust was partly burned. As I sat there, holding the burnt part of the crust (which I didn't eat) in my hand, I remembered Ron's comments about J.P. Bearymore's Pizza Palace:
    "I come for the games, but I stay for the burnt pizza smell!"
    As I was driving home, I spotted a Honda Element (one of those boxy-looking SUVs they sell) with a decal on the left front fender that said "igo" in blue and green letters. Right away, I thought about Team Go.

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    I was printing off some training manuals today, and had to bind them as well. As I was inserting section by section into the hole-puncher, I came across a section featuring various training scenarios; the first one I saw happened to be Scenario 5.

Needless to say, I was thinking about "Larry's Birthday" for a while...

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    The main character of the book I'm reading has a wife and daughter who are described as having long red hair and green eyes.

Also, the daughter's name is Tara.

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    For the past two weeks, I've been working at a summer internship at a silicon chip manufacturing plant, as part of a two-year school program (the internship ends this Friday). Some people worked down in the "Fab," where they made the chips; others worked in the after-production labs, some worked in the admin section; I was placed in the "data analysis" cube farm.*

My coworkers examined data from the completed wafers and tried to figure out where, how, and why segments of the wafer failed, and how to fix/improve the process. Unfortunately, since the two weeks was really too short to get into anything serious, I was delegated to digital paper pushing and data compilation.

*I quickly gained a taste for Dilbert.
    -----

In an effort to brighten up my cube, I printed off 6-inch-ish-high pictures of Kim and Ron and cut them out, then taped them up around my workspace.

General view of my cube.

Kim was taped to filing cabinet that made up part of the cube's "entrance."

(Kim cutout originally from here.)

Ron was taped to the side of my computer monitor, and was slightly more visible when looking directly into the cubicle.

Kim was more noticeable on the approach.

-----

I set them up to get comments, and I got a few. The manager of our group (kinda reminded me of the Pointy Haired Boss with out the Pointy Hair, but that might've been because I'd been reading too much Dilbert. ) noticed Ron when he swung by my cube to check on my progress, pointed to the cutout, and asked with a smile, "Who's that supposed to be?"

"Uhhh... Ron Stoppable... Do... you know about the show?"

I explained that I was a fan.

He nodded, laughing. "Yep, I've got kids at home!" (His kids are currently 13 and 16, as I later found out.) He appraised me on my work progress, then walked off, still chuckling.

The next day, my mentor commented on Ron as he was helping me learn some HTML coding. "I noticed you put that up there a few days ago.... Is that supposed to be, like, an Esurance character, or something?"

"Well, not exactly, but you're close..." I then briefly explained who Ron was, and that I was a fan of the show. ".....Kim's over there." *Pointing to KP on the filing cabinet.* "And, ironically, I think the Esurance girl was modeled off that Kim character."

The irony, of course, is that just the previous evening to this incident, I was doing a cursory Google search of "Erin Esurance based off Kim Possible?" to try and find some reliable basis from either the company, a company employee, or a blog. (I gave up in disgust by about page 4 ["Goooo" :P] when most of the hits that were turned up were accompanied by basic summary tags that are... not reprintable here.)
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

This morning while driving to work, I noticed a young woman with sandy-blond hair and wearing a green top (same color as Kim's, only not a tank top), waiting to cross the street.
    When I went out to lunch at noon, I went to a nearby sandwich shop for a bite to eat. Someone had parked their car on the grass off to the side of the restaurant's back lot, having climbed over the curb to do so. Seeing that brought to mind that line Kim says in "Roachie" when she jumps on the trunk of that car about to fall into the sinkhole in order to stabilize it. She asks the driver, "What do you say we park it...here?" (Or words to that effect; unable to verify the exact line since a transcript of that episode hasn't been posted on our site yet...)

Registered User Newbie

Name at hardware store

Was in the insect repellent section of Lowes Hardware store and one of the brand names of bug killer was "Brick Flag", hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by bttf4ever View Post
    Was in the insect repellent section of Lowes Hardware store and one of the brand names of bug killer was "Brick Flag", hmmm?
    "Brick Flag" - really? I know there's an insecticide called "Black Flag;" are you sure that's not what you saw?