Any Good Movies or DVDs? - Page 49
Global Justice Alliance

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 501

Thread: Any Good Movies or DVDs?

  1. #481
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    8,894
    I couldn't agree more. I think it's actually the best one of all three.
    "Say the Word"

  2. #482
    Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    9,956
    Toy Story 3: Another Pixar grand slam. :'D

    Saw it tonight with the fam.... We all varied between and to, finally,





    It was made even more poigent by the fact my sister's shipping off to college this August... It'll be old hat for me.

    The fam agrees that we'll probably have to get the 3-movie set, whenever it comes out... probably around Christmas.

    Also, we DO have a lot of smilies now, don't we?
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  3. #483
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    8,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Also, we DO have a lot of smilies now, don't we?
    .....................Wonder how that happened?............................

    Anyway, I saw Twilight:Eclipse........now, I have not read the books, but I have seen all three movies. I generally like the films, but I am not all that enamoured of them. It's a generational thing, I think. Young people of their generation act differently then my generation did. That sort of put me off a little, and so the actual relationship between Bella and Edward never really resonated with me much. But I liked the premise of the rest lf the movie where vampires and werewolves were concerned.

    However, I liked Eclipse the best. Of course there was this neat battle scene at the end of the movie. I liked the background information given about the other Cullen Clan vampires, as well as the background information on the werewolves history. Even Edward's and Bella's relationship came across better to me. I wasn't going to buy the movies. But now I think I will because of the third installment. And of course, the final book 'Breaking Dawn', in grand Harry Potter tradition, is to be broken up into two separate movies.
    "Say the Word"

  4. #484
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,858
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Also, we DO have a lot of smilies now, don't we?
    .....................Wonder how that happened?............................

    Anyway, I saw Twilight:Eclipse........now, I have not read the books, but I have seen all three movies. I generally like the films, but I am not all that enamoured of them. It's a generational thing, I think. Young people of their generation act differently then my generation did. That sort of put me off a little, and so the actual relationship between Bella and Edward never really resonated with me much. But I liked the premise of the rest lf the movie where vampires and werewolves were concerned.

    However, I liked Eclipse the best. Of course there was this neat battle scene at the end of the movie. I liked the background information given about the other Cullen Clan vampires, as well as the background information on the werewolves history. Even Edward's and Bella's relationship came across better to me. I wasn't going to buy the movies. But now I think I will because of the third installment. And of course, the final book 'Breaking Dawn', in grand Harry Potter tradition, is to be broken up into two separate movies.
    Hmmm...Johnny Depp recently said that he and Tim Burton are supposed to begin work soon on a film based on the old Dark Shadows TV series, with Depp playing Barnabas Collins. What with the recent popularity of all these vampire movies, TV shows and books, it would seem that the time is ripe for such a project.

  5. #485
    The recently released (as in released today) Batman: Under the Red Hood was pretty darn awesome a film. Great plot, great dialogue, awesome action... what more could you ask for. And John Dimaggio made for quite the spectacular Joker. I guess now I know what the 'super-evil' Drakken would have sounded like if things had gone differently back in "Bad Boy."

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDP1ed6updo#t=0m35s

    Assumming this is just the beginning for John Dimmagio playing Mr. J, one can only consider how awesome it'd be if Nicole Sullivan were to ever provide the voice for Harley Quinn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #486
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,858
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    The recently released (as in released today) Batman: Under the Red Hood was pretty darn awesome a film. Great plot, great dialogue, awesome action... what more could you ask for. And John Dimaggio made for quite the spectacular Joker. I guess now I know what the 'super-evil' Drakken would have sounded like if things had gone differently back in "Bad Boy."

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDP1ed6updo#t=0m35s

    Assumming this is just the beginning for John Dimmagio playing Mr. J, one can only consider how awesome it'd be if Nicole Sullivan were to ever provide the voice for Harley Quinn.
    I disagree. Part of Harley Quinn's charm lies in her high-pitched, girlish voice - which makes her sound dumber than she really is. Her voice always reminded me of the late Judy Holliday (Born Yesterday; The Solid Gold Cadillac; Bells Are Ringing). I really don't know if Nicole Sullivan could pull that off.
    Arleen Sorkin voiced Harley in the "Batman" animated series from the early 90's, and she's supposed to do it again in the upcoming "Batman: Arkham Asylum II."

  7. #487
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    8,894
    I saw Despicable Me over the weekend. It is a delightful film, and I do recommend it.
    "Say the Word"

  8. #488
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    The recently released (as in released today) Batman: Under the Red Hood was pretty darn awesome a film. Great plot, great dialogue, awesome action... what more could you ask for. And John Dimaggio made for quite the spectacular Joker. I guess now I know what the 'super-evil' Drakken would have sounded like if things had gone differently back in "Bad Boy."

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDP1ed6updo#t=0m35s

    Assuming this is just the beginning for John DiMaggio playing Mr. J, one can only consider how awesome it'd be if Nicole Sullivan were to ever provide the voice for Harley Quinn.
    I disagree. Part of Harley Quinn's charm lies in her high-pitched, girlish voice - which makes her sound dumber than she really is. Her voice always reminded me of the late Judy Holliday (Born Yesterday; The Solid Gold Cadillac; Bells Are Ringing). I really don't know if Nicole Sullivan could pull that off.
    Arleen Sorkin voiced Harley in the "Batman" animated series from the early 90's, and she's supposed to do it again in the upcoming "Batman: Arkham Asylum II."
    Nicole Sullivan sounds more like Poison Ivy to me.

  9. #489
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,858
    Well, I've finally gotten around to watching those "Victory at Sea" DVDs I bought for $5 at Smarty-Mart back in May. They're not bad, actually; the musical score by Richard Rodgers is a bit melodramatic and over-the-top, as is the narration by Leonard Graves; but that was the style they used for films and documentaries like this back in the mid-20th century. The series includes footage I've never seen before - and I've seen a lot of WWII stuff! - so that by itself makes this set a good purchase.
    I've only seen the first six episodes so far; the next one will be "Rings Around Rabaul," about the battle in the South Pacific for that island.
    The series covers Allied naval action in the Atlantic, Mediterranean, and the Pacific, in order to tell the whole story about World War II's aquatic battles.

  10. #490
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    8,894
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Well, I've finally gotten around to watching those "Victory at Sea" DVDs I bought for $5 at Smarty-Mart back in May. They're not bad, actually; the musical score by Richard Rodgers is a bit melodramatic and over-the-top, as is the narration by Leonard Graves; but that was the style they used for films and documentaries like this back in the mid-20th century. The series includes footage I've never seen before - and I've seen a lot of WWII stuff! - so that by itself makes this set a good purchase.
    I've only seen the first six episodes so far; the next one will be "Rings Around Rabaul," about the battle in the South Pacific for that island.
    The series covers Allied naval action in the Atlantic, Mediterranean, and the Pacific, in order to tell the whole story about World War II's aquatic battles.
    I like those old documentaries. For some reason my DirecTV channel receiver has changed (I didn't do anything!), and I've been able to receive all the inbetween channels that are ordinarily blocked, including the MIlitary Channel. They show a lot of this stuff, which I've been watching lately.
    "Say the Word"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •