What are you currently watching? Act 3 - Page 3
Global Justice Alliance

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently watching? Act 3

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I'm watching the ceremony honoring the National Champion BC Eagles hockey team. It's a live webcast on ACCSelect.

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    I just turned on Hockey Night in Canada, as the Penguins are in Ottawa to play game 3 against the Senators, while the other TV's on Fox Sports Net Detroit for the pregame to game 3 of Red Wings-Predators.

Yeah, that kind of response is going to be common from me for the next couple of months (except for when I'm in LA, but that'll cover the first week of the Conference Semifinals).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Industries View Post
    I just got done watching "Evolution of a Video Gamer" over on youtube. I'd link it, but it's one of those potty mouth videos, And we are PG here, right? Anywho, for a gamer like me, It reminds me of all those video game moments you hated.
    It can't be as full of foul language as, say, a Angry Nintendo Nerd review on Youtube... is it? Heh, I'll never forget his review of the Ghostbusters game for the NES... or his review for the third Ninja Turtles movie. Good times, good times. Nothing beats taking the sharp edge of a katana against a VHS copy of a movie you can't stand...

Ummm... anyway, I'm currently watching The Adventures of Robin Hood on Turner Classics. It was that or Batman Begins on FX, and while I am a big fan of both films, Robin Hood still narrowly takes the lead when it comes to my attention. Which leads me to wonder why I'm online while it's still on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    Good times, good times. Nothing beats taking the sharp edge of a katana against a VHS copy of a movie you can't stand...
    I trust the edge of your katana is still clean and free of nicks.....:P

EDIT: I watched "Graduation Two" last night. Good times.....
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Robin Hood here, as well (Men In Tights was on just the other day), Bones just came on, it's usually pretty good.

This afternoon's entertainment was watching two of my team-mates discuss the pros and cons of cell phones and xell plans, proving once again that there is absolutely nothing too trivial for a bunch of engineers to over abalyze. Yesterday they were playing "can you top this" over fractions of a mile of a gallon on fuel economy.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Mike_Industries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Industries View Post
    I just got done watching "Evolution of a Video Gamer" over on youtube. I'd link it, but it's one of those potty mouth videos, And we are PG here, right? Anywho, for a gamer like me, It reminds me of all those video game moments you hated.
    It can't be as full of foul language as, say, a Angry Nintendo Nerd review on Youtube... is it? Heh, I'll never forget his review of the Ghostbusters game for the NES... or his review for the third Ninja Turtles movie. Good times, good times. Nothing beats taking the sharp edge of a katana against a VHS copy of a movie you can't stand...
    Every other word is a "nice" word. It's never ending. Infact, this guy forms whole sentences using only swearing... It's bad. But it's so darn hillarious.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Robin Hood here, as well (Men In Tights was on just the other day), Bones just came on, it's usually pretty good.

This afternoon's entertainment was watching two of my team-mates discuss the pros and cons of cell phones and cell plans, proving once again that there is absolutely nothing too trivial for a bunch of engineers to over analyze. Yesterday they were playing "can you top this" over fractions of a mile of a gallon on fuel economy.

Boy, I wish I had time to kill at work like that....
    As to what I'm watching:
    I just watched a "Hannah Montana" episode. There's nothing else on until the KP repeat at 11:30 PM (Central time).

These things usually happen during our lunch break. We'd been involved in some pretty intense project material during the morning on both days. Part of the problem with technical work is you have to stop and let your brain recharge every so often or you start making mistakes. None of us smoke, so this is our version of a break.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    These things usually happen during our lunch break. We'd been involved in some pretty intense project material during the morning on both days. Part of the problem with technical work is you have to stop and let your brain recharge every so often or you start making mistakes. None of us smoke, so this is our version of a break.
    OK; I stand corrected. My bad...
    So, are these discussions your version of the old "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin" debate? :P

Pretty much. There are a number o things that are in, as Steinbeck put it in Cannery Row, of considerable interest but no importance that get belabored at some length.