What are you currently watching? Act 3 - Page 18
Global Justice Alliance

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently watching? Act 3

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    I just watched the latest episode of Battlestar Galactica... and all I can say is holy crap!

Opinions hidden in spoiler text: It's about time the four were revealed. ... Unfortunately, that so-and-so Tory doesn't get hers... ... However, it was quite something to see Adama totally freak out after finding out about Tigh. ***

And, finally (if I show this line outside of a spoiler, it could give too much away): ... "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!" Pretty much what came to mind at the end of the episode... and not unexpected, given the overall tone of the series. No buried Statue of Liberty, though... but the effect's the same.

And they're teasing us, too, by not giving us the date when the next episode will air yet....

Registered User Regular Member Sir Sebastian's Avatar
    I'm watching Columbo, the episode "Murder By the Book". I love Columbo! Many people I know have critized the show about revealing the murderer in the beginning, but to me a big part of the enjoyment is seeing how the culprit squirms and reacts to Columbo's investigation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sebastian View Post
    I'm watching Columbo, the episode "Murder By the Book". I love Columbo! Many people I know have criticized the show about revealing the murderer in the beginning, but to me a big part of the enjoyment is seeing how the culprit squirms and reacts to Columbo's investigation.
    Yeah, it took me a while to realize that the fun lies in watching the game of "cat and mouse" between Lt. Columbo and the killer. That more than compensates for knowing who the murderer is from the beginning - in fact, it's what makes the Columbo murder mysteries so unique; and explains why he's still so popular after all these years (Columbo first appeared on the "NBC Mystery Movie" TV series back in the early 1970's).
    BTW, Peter Falk's written a book. It's titled, "Just One More Thing: Stories From My Life." (2006; Carroll & Graf Publishers, NY. ISBN-13: 978-0-78671-795-8 ISBN-10: 0-7867-1795-5 Price $26.95 US) It's not an autobiography; just a collection of anecdotes about Mr. Falk's years as an actor. It's a good read - I guarantee you'll find something in there that'll make you laugh out loud, which is what Mr. Falk intended when he wrote this book.

Thanks to an impulse buy brought on by a Borders coupon, I've spent the last few days marathoning the third seasons of the Slayers anime that I distinctly recall Jonathon Wolf mentioning long ago on the ARA. And now I think it's safe to say I'm a fan of that series. Lina Inverse is officially the coolest red head in all of animation.

Right, I did catch the last episode of Spectacular Spider-Man's first season. Great episode as always; that was quite the awesome version of Venom, but it certainly doesn't hurt that the show was building him up slowly during the entire season. And the ending was quite a surprise (hopefully this Gwen Stacy doesn't get tossed off a bridge like the comics; stupid Norman Osborn).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    All I want is a room somewhere, where I can watch the 1964 film version of the Lerner & Loewe musical My Fair Lady on TCM, starring Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn. And I've got one! It's oh so lov-er-ly.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    All I want is a room somewhere, where I can watch the 1964 film version of the Lerner & Loewe musical My Fair Lady on TCM, starring Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn. And I've got one! It's oh so lov-er-ly.
    That is such a good film, and Audrey Hepburn was magnificent. A better example of true class you cannot find.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I just finished watching "Graduation, Part 2" on Disney Channel. I really hope they start mixing in more Season 2 and 3 episodes, because they're beginning to play Season 4 to death...

Registered User Senior Member Ran Hakubi's Avatar
    I just saw trailers for the new Batman movie "The Dark Knight"

I....I think I'm in love...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, in fact, I did have Mario bed sheets

Registered User Regular Member Kwebs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ran Hakubi View Post

I pretty much forgot all other movies this summer after seeing "the Dark Night" trailer.

I'm a huge Batman fan, sue me.(you won't get anything)

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwebs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ran Hakubi View Post

I pretty much forgot all other movies this summer after seeing "the Dark Night" trailer.

I'm a huge Batman fan, sue me.(you won't get anything)
    Yeah, but are you as huge a fan as Indiana Pacers basketball player Danny Granger?

(Which kinda reminds me of Timothy North in "The Fearless Ferret"... except that Granger's not senile and believing he actually is/was a superhero. Still....)