Random Thread: You're On Notice - Page 3
Global Justice Alliance

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random Thread: You're On Notice

Mike_Industries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNaco View Post

I'm wondering if putting people I know (well, online, that is) "on notice" would be considered un-Christian, as we are supposed to love our neighbors (even our enemies).

Though I don't actually hate them (Hillary and Obama are on their because they support things I consider to be horrendously evil), just some of their views/tendencies/etc. ...
    So true, Ninjanaco. Keeping Christian principles is always a tough battle (I myself am not that religious in terms of organized religion, but I do have faith and honor those principles). I know that there are several members here on GJA who strongly lean towards the Democratic viewpoint, and I think that is fine. They have strong objections in many ways to what the Republicans have done, especially Bush, which are valid points. I, myself, agree with you in terms of the two Democratic candidates, but that's purely my own viewpoint only. Mainly, I applaud your approach, which is the "hate the sin, not the sinner" attitude. It's the right way to look at it, and it's so easy to lose sight of that.
    I don't know if anyone see's it my way, but I think this presidential race for the democrats is not about being president anymore. I'm going to use Comedy Central as a little guide here. Recently on an episode of The Daily Show, the show decided to send out a female reporter and a black male reporter to see who was voting for who. The black male went and to talked to other African Americans, while the female talked to females.

Most of the African Americans they talked to wanted Clinton for President.
    Most of the Females wanted Obama...

Why did I use this as a guide? The democractic race, in my opinion, has become a Race Vs Gender Equality issue. It's tainting the actual idea behind it, and people are getting lost in it. But that little Comedy Central thing above proves that the Gender Vs. Race is not an issue with most people, But you always can hear that very catchy phrase, "Who do you want for president, A black male or a female?"

And yes, I realize there is the Republican Party, but at least they have one Canidate picked. I also realize there are other parties out there...

Honestly, this election, My first ever presidential vote will be casted, and I am still undecided on who to vote for.

I told you all I liked politics...

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Industries View Post
    Recently on an episode of The Daily Show, the show decided to send out a female reporter and a black male reporter to see who was voting for who. The black male went and to talked to other African Americans, while the female talked to females.

Most of the African Americans they talked to wanted Clinton for President.
    Most of the Females wanted Obama...
    You saw that too?

Personally, I'm beginning to see "The Daily Show" as a more "genuine" news show than many of the established networks. (Note that I did not say "accurate." Which seems troubling.) TDS, at least, knows it's a farce and has fun with it. I think Stewart commented on this trend on-air recently; he said that if the candidates are going to TDS to scavange for votes, something's wrong somewhere.

Perhaps the reason I like TDS so much is because, ironically, it shares many traits with the news programs of the pre-cable era. It comes on at a stable, predictable time, has a regular, humorous host, and recaps the day's events, albeit with more snark that Cronkite ever did. TDS has almost become, IMHO, something of a watchdog: while cable news blathers in ever-higher-pitched squeaks in their airless bubbles over miniscule things that don't matter, Stewart enters at the end of the day and practically shouts, "What the h*** are you doing?!"

It's all a bit fantastic, really...

The Democractic race, in my opinion, has become a Race Vs Gender Equality issue. It's tainting the actual idea behind it, and people are getting lost in it. But that little Comedy Central thing above proves that the Gender Vs. Race is not an issue with most people, But you always can hear that very catchy phrase, "Who do you want for president, A black male or a female?"
    Once again, the Democrats could wrest defeat from the jaws of victory...
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Senior Member Ran Hakubi's Avatar
    Something tells me I stand on a lonely platform with my support of Obama. Oh well.

OK, let me stem the questions now as to why I support Obama. First, he's the every man. He didn't come from a wealthy family. He's just a man whom has had greatness thrust upon him, and he's treating it like a gift.

He has raised all his campaign money through the people. Asking only for five to thirty bucks a pop. That means he doesn't have any corporate fat cats holding something over him.

And third. He's actually a person. He doesn't try to (at least, not as far as I've seen) set himself up as this giant. He once asked a bunch of reporters to back off and let him eat his waffles. To me, that shows that he doesn't take crap from people.

That's right. This election, I'm voting on the person. The most human of the candidates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, in fact, I did have Mario bed sheets

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ran Hakubi View Post
    Something tells me I stand on a lonely platform with my support of Obama. Oh well.

OK, let me stem the questions now as to why I support Obama. First, he's the every man. He didn't come from a wealthy family. He's just a man whom has had greatness thrust upon him, and he's treating it like a gift.

He has raised all his campaign money through the people. Asking only for five to thirty bucks a pop. That means he doesn't have any corporate fat cats holding something over him.

And third. He's actually a person. He doesn't try to (at least, not as far as I've seen) set himself up as this giant. He once asked a bunch of reporters to back off and let him eat his waffles. To me, that shows that he doesn't take crap from people.

That's right. This election, I'm voting on the person. The most human of the candidates.
    You have very good points there. I myself really do not doubt his sincerity at all (something I definitely would question where Hilary is concerned), and that is a strong plus for him. My reservations about him are his views and positions, and especially his lack of experience.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    I support him!

However, I'm dismayed by how the Democrats have been shredding themselves apart in the past few weeks. The damn thing won't settle. Hillary should have dropped out by now; the whole thing is handing McCain the election. And I'm infuriated by how the news cycle has been spinning like a top over Preacher Wright's comments and Obama's "small town" comment. Aren't there more important things, such as global warming, $120 bbl oil, our looming Social security crash, the war we're in the middle of fighting, to focus on?!

I'm voting for Obama in November if he gets that far. However, if Hillary gets the nomination, I'm jumping ship for McCain... Although my opinion of him has sunk in the past few weeks. Straight-talk express? Non-ideologist-spouting pragmatist? LOL! That was a good one!

The whole thing has turned into a big, sticky mess....
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Well, as I've said, Obama takes some positions that, for me at least, are beyond the pale, and in any case the cult of personality that seems to have formed around him should have every logic-minded individual worried.

But enough of politics; let's get back to the fun!

Mike_Industries
    And third. He's actually a person.
    Hey, I just thought of something... All of us in here are persons.

jeriddian For Prez???

Campaign slogan:

He'll analyze the problem while you read old magazines! It's the American way!

(I just couldn't pass that one up, jerddian. )

Time for another Notice board from me!

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    I support him!

However, I'm dismayed by how the Democrats have been shredding themselves apart in the past few weeks. The damn thing won't settle. Hillary should have dropped out by now; the whole thing is handing McCain the election. And I'm infuriated by how the news cycle has been spinning like a top over Preacher Wright's comments and Obama's "small town" comment. Aren't there more important things, such as global warming, $120 bbl oil, our looming Social security crash, the war we're in the middle of fighting, to focus on?!

I'm voting for Obama in November if he gets that far. However, if Hillary gets the nomination, I'm jumping ship for McCain... Although my opinion of him has sunk in the past few weeks. Straight-talk express? Non-ideologist-spouting pragmatist? LOL! That was a good one!

The whole thing has turned into a big, sticky mess....
    'Chutes, Ran, I'm an Obama fan myself. I voted for him in the Illinois primary - after all, he is from my home state, and I like his message of unity. But even if he doesn't get nominated this summer (which is looking more unlikely), I'm still going to vote Democratic and I urge you to do the same. Hillary may not be the best candidate, but even she's better than McCain (IMHO), and anyone can do a better job than ol' Dubya has - that much is obvious. We need to take the White House back from the Republicans in order to get our country back on track. McCain, for all his independent streak, is just another pro-corporate Republican out of touch with the working class (at least, that's how I see him).
    Besides, if Hillary gets elected and we don't like the job she does, we can always vote her out of office in 2012.

Mike_Industries
    Since we are all talking presidenty...

Check this video out. Came out on WWE Monday Night Raw a week ago...

Click here...

Full of horrible... horrible parodies. Kinda desperate, if you think about it.

If Ya Smell!!!

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Industries View Post
    And third. He's actually a person.
    Hey, I just thought of something... All of us in here are persons.

jeriddian For Prez???

Campaign slogan:

He'll analyze the problem while you read old magazines! It's the American way!

(I just couldn't pass that one up, jerddian. )
    Just remember that I am a member of that noble profession of medical practitioners.....and I still can use a square needle on you....... *pthbbbbbbbbbbbbb*
    "Say the Word"